As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    it is intimidating to play boardgames with people are way more experienced/cerebral than you

you're sitting there like let's see, should i buy this green mana card

and shark is like i mean does it really matter, there are 14 remaining cards in the deck and 12 will provide you with the same combat power for the next turn

and i'm like o-oh yeah i uh, yes i knew that

*using calculator under table*

I dislike playing board games with people who study every aspect of a board game so that they can tell what people are doing when they do it.

I get angry with some D&D friends sometimes because they'll spend like 40 minutes figuring out how to safely open a door and I'm usually a warrior or ranger and I'm just like "I can take the damage this isn't the tomb of fucking horrors just let me kick the door in assholes!"

That's different. There's this shadow hunter game someone in our group loves to play, but he knows literally everything about the game, so you can't use the special powers while he's around or he immediately will know what you are.

It's annoying.

But yeah I doubt shark is one of those types of people, I just hate playing with those types, it's boring.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    this topic's title is English [French]

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

*shakes head*

*points to 'No Goobies' sign*

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    then i was playing deck building games with vh and i'm thinking out loud to myself like, hmmm do i want to use this 'draw from deck' card before or after i use this action

and vh is like, well how many of x-card do you have in your deck

and i'm like i have no fucking idea jesus christ do people keep track of that, am i retarded

Organichu on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    One of my only fears with a tattoo is that it might one day get co-opted by a shitty group.

Like can you imagine getting a pepe frog or some shit like 10 years ago? Like you'd have to get it removed now, and that would be expensive and painful.

my wedding tattoo is a little brain that represents my neuroscientist ex-wife's passion for her work

I've thought of going into one of those clinics that removes gang-affiliation tattoos for free and telling them I used to be a member of the Brain Gang

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ok duran duran duran is a pretty funny band name

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    then i was playing deck building games with vs and i'm thinking out loud to myself like, hmmm do i want to use this 'draw from deck' card before or after i use this action

and i'm like i have no fucking idea jesus christ do people keep track of that, am i retarded

i feel this way about some video games

people are like well you develop this skill tree then do this and that and

and im like.. i just keep them all balanced... cycle through the stats ... balance is good...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    then i was playing deck building games with vs and i'm thinking out loud to myself like, hmmm do i want to use this 'draw from deck' card before or after i use this action

you probably didn't grow up playing euchre or bridge or cribbage or whatever

just like anything else it's a learned/trained skill

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    ok duran duran duran is a pretty funny band name

My favorite joke in Pop Star (and there were a lot of good ones) was that Connor 4 Reals first album was called Thriller Also

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d4

1.chinese
    2.chik-fil-a
    3.salad with a low cal, low sugar dressing
    4.just eat an entire box of girl scout cookies

1d4 3 [1d4=3]

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    fack

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Guten morgen, mein arschen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    it is intimidating to play boardgames with people are way more experienced/cerebral than you

and shark is like i mean does it really matter, there are 14 remaining cards in the deck and 12 will provide you with the same combat power for the next turn

I dislike playing board games with people who study every aspect of a board game so that they can tell what people are doing when they do it.

I get angry with some D&D friends sometimes because they'll spend like 40 minutes figuring out how to safely open a door and I'm usually a warrior or ranger and I'm just like "I can take the damage this isn't the tomb of fucking horrors just let me kick the door in assholes!"

That's different. There's this shadow hunter game someone in our group loves to play, but he knows literally everything about the game, so you can't use the special powers while he's around or he immediately will know what you are.

It's annoying.

But yeah I doubt shark is one of those types of people, I just hate playing with those types, it's boring.

But in Shadow Hunters, as soon as you use your power, your identity gets revealed...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d4

1.chinese
    2.chik-fil-a

My condolences.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    geth roll 1d4

1.chinese
    2.chik-fil-a

You know this ain't happening.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    then i was playing deck building games with vh and i'm thinking out loud to myself like, hmmm do i want to use this 'draw from deck' card before or after i use this action

Hey man, I have a terrible memory.

But in that particular case you can deduce how many you have in your deck because you can count how many are in the "buy" pile and how many are in your discard pile.

THIS ISN'T ROCKET SURGERY CHU

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

*shakes head*

*points to 'No Goobies' sign*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMSfaNXYZg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Like in my hometown there was a large community of "Odinists", who were white supremacist neo-pagans, and they had a celebration thing for Halloween

And that party got crashed by this other white supremacist group calling itself the Christian Reich

Which attracted the attention of a skinhead gang called the Werwolves (spelling intentional)

And all three groups had this big fucking go and the police got involved and it all came down to who was The Most Nazi

Jesus. Where the heck did you live?

Kitchener, ON

A town that used to be named Berlin, Ontario until suddenly cities named after German cities weren't politically popular in the 20th century.

So, y'know, pretty large German population. So much so that it was an appealing place for actual Nazi war criminals to hide out after the war.

• Options

But in that particular case you can deduce how many you have in your deck because you can count how many are in the "buy" pile and how many are in your discard pile.

WHO PERFORMS SURGERY ON ROCKETS YOU GODDAMNED INFANT

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

WHO PERFORMS SURGERY ON ROCKETS YOU GODDAMNED INFANT

REALLY SMART PEOPLE THAT'S WHY IT'S USED FOR ANALOGIES

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    lifehack nobody plays euchre it's just like a secret password for midwest people to identify each other

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    lifehack nobody plays euchre it's just like a secret password for midwest people to identify each other

I love that game I totes play it when I visit sarah's parents in iowa

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

It's annoying.

But in Shadow Hunters, as soon as you use your power, your identity gets revealed...

Only if everyone has memorized who and what all the powers correspond to. There's only like 1 person that has to reveal their identity and I think it's one of the hunters when they use their heal ability.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I also like spades and hearts and cribbage tho

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I love that game I totes play it when I visit sarah's parents in iowa

*wink wink nudge nudge*

• Options
    just got an e-mail "It's Anime Week At Gamestop"

well guess I'm staying out of Gamestop this week.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Ugh just dropped oily potato salad on my favorite work shirt

Rip

• Options
    Geth roll 1d2 for calling out neighbor leaving his iMsg on with volume maxed.

1. Yes
    2. No.

calling out neighbor leaving his iMsg:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

porp and i used to go to a euchre meetup when we first moved to Chicago

in highschool everyone played euchre or sheepshead to pass the time on school trips or during study hall or whatever

i spent many nights home from break in college getting drunk and playing various euchre variant with porp and my two best bros from hs

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d2 for calling out neighbor leaving his iMsg on with volume maxed.

1. Yes
    2. No.

Headphones it is!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Subway meatball sub with that southwest sauce added is so good

Subway BLT
    with no L or T w/ extra bacon, provolone cheese, light light mayo and double toasted
    is also so very good. :P

We should get you a jar of baconaise.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ugh just dropped oily potato salad on my favorite work shirt

Rip

might as well light it on fire at this point

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    i'm just bitter because i haven't played euchre since i was a kid and lived in michigan and i'll meet people from michigan and they're like oh euchre right? and i'm like eeeehhhhhh i mean yes totally of course dontchaknow

• Options
    edited February 2017
    also despite saying i suck (and i mostly do), i think i was at least getting the hang of most of the games i played when i visited chicago

except fucking coup

that goddamned game

in terms of like, not-monopoly, meaning 'indie' games... coup is the game i've played the most rounds of by far. i've probably played it a few dozen times with a few different groups. and i feel like i am absolutely no better at it than the first time i played

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Backpfeifengesicht

A face that needs slapping.

• Options

porp and i used to go to a euchre meetup when we first moved to Chicago

in highschool everyone played euchre or sheepshead to pass the time on school trips or during study hall or whatever

ours was spades and hearts

until the one kid brought in the gamecube

then it was SSB

• Options
    also no one in michigan says dontchaknow

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    just got an e-mail "It's Anime Week At Gamestop"

well guess I'm staying out of Gamestop this week.

Probably smart business ever since it came out gamestop is lying to you about games being in stock so they can keep their numbers up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Like in my hometown there was a large community of "Odinists", who were white supremacist neo-pagans, and they had a celebration thing for Halloween

And that party got crashed by this other white supremacist group calling itself the Christian Reich

Which attracted the attention of a skinhead gang called the Werwolves (spelling intentional)

And all three groups had this big fucking go and the police got involved and it all came down to who was The Most Nazi

Like, I can understand this kind of thing. But even within their niche within a niche circles... like, for example, when that UKIP Nazi was punched out and nearly killed by a fellow UKIP Nazi. Like, why? You guys are supposedly the master race whom would live in perfect harmony if only the Others weren't around... yet you can't resist being violent towards other human beings for long enough to even stay in the company of other white people with more or less exactly the same political identity without murdering each other.

It's like a whole strain of people that defy conventional wisdom about social groups & how primates crave having a safe social circle above all else.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    I tried to teach Bridge to porp and Landshark but I think I did a really bad job of it.

If I'd known we were going to become really good friends I'd have taught it the way my grandmother taught me: namely, forget the bidding at first and just play the game, then slowly add in bidding techniques over time.

Instead I tried to start with teaching bidding and dumped a bunch of stuff on them at once. I'm pretty sure I've soured @porp on Bridge forever.

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.