As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    i'm just stating alternative facts here, people

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Is there a secret contingent of [chat] people who go to GenCon a lot that I didn't know about?

Because last year the only other person I saw talk about it was credeiki.

vRyue2p.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    realtalk tho amateurhour assuming the universe doesn't collapse between now and June you should like, apply for VP21 and stuff

I want to. Still working on my novel. I've got enough written to meet their entry requirements but I've got some other expenses this year so I dunno.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Page 6 featured my kiddo's first warning.

The 500kb limit reaps all souls in the end.

i think like 90% of my PMs to people are letting them know they went over the limit and might get infracted. I'm a hero.

You're a man trying to atone for his forum crimes in the only way you know how.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Well

Stephen King has joined the game of Hugely Successful Fiction Writers Rip on trump on Twitter

I was surprised to learn via one of trump's responses that he actually knows the phrase 'ghost writer.'

well he should after everyone shat on him for the art of the deal because he didn't actually write it

I'm just... I feel like an American President should at least come across as more more intelligent than a writer of children's books and a writer of pop horror

But... fuck no. This guy just sounds like a fairly advanced middle-schooler

Sad

I think that's selling both King and Rowling short on their fiction.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Well

Stephen King has joined the game of Hugely Successful Fiction Writers Rip on trump on Twitter

I was surprised to learn via one of trump's responses that he actually knows the phrase 'ghost writer.'

I think King has been on that since before election day

He has. He's been laying into Trump since like last June.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Well

well he should after everyone shat on him for the art of the deal because he didn't actually write it

I'm just... I feel like an American President should at least come across as more more intelligent than a writer of children's books and a writer of pop horror

Sad

yeah i mean one of the problems is he's a fkin moron

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Is there a secret contingent of [chat] people who go to GenCon a lot that I didn't know about?

Last time I went was 2012: :-P But I used to go every year from around 1998 to around 2006.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I used to have all the suits and stuff memorized for hanafuda cards

but none of the games are really any fun and also shuffling them is the worst thing

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I like that tapeslinger has been in chat all day subtly agreeing and faving stuff, it's like "I'm always watching"

I'm like ceiling cat tbh

*slowly removes hands from pants*

She's here to monitor me for later punishment

:winky:

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well

Sad

Yeah I get the sentiment here but like I don't think we've had a president this century that could come across as more intelligent than King or Rowling.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well

Sad

advanced?

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl I just looked again at booking gencon hotels (just using google's tool which may or may not be good) and there are two hotels within the city with rooms evidently available...for $650/night.

uhhhh yeah I will remain in out-of-city motel exile as well.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I like that tapeslinger has been in chat all day subtly agreeing and faving stuff, it's like "I'm always watching"

I'm like ceiling cat tbh

*slowly removes hands from pants*

She's here to monitor me for later punishment

quiet you

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d4

1.chinese
    2.chik-fil-a
    3.salad with a low cal, low sugar dressing
    4.just eat an entire box of girl scout cookies

You know this ain't happening.

I actually did go with what geth decreed

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I played bridge and spades in college. My dm for my D&D group got into an accident and was in the hospital for a bit so we would go and play cards with him there. And shit like bridge and spades worked out really well for that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    visiblehowl I just looked again at booking gencon hotels (just using google's tool which may or may not be good) and there are two hotels within the city with rooms evidently available...for $650/night.

The problem now is going to be finding parking.

I'm trying to find out how to buy parking from GenCon but I'm not having any luck.

vRyue2p.png
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    THIS UNCHECKED AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND
    SILENCE JAILBIRD

https://youtu.be/3Bw1a_O2m48

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    realtalk tho amateurhour assuming the universe doesn't collapse between now and June you should like, apply for VP21 and stuff

I want to. Still working on my novel. I've got enough written to meet their entry requirements but I've got some other expenses this year so I dunno.

Legit! Just putting it out there so you can't be like omg you didn't remind me :p

in sad but also weird news, #1's best friends from his school (twins, a boy and a girl, the girl being the one that wrote him a love note and also super into organic Whole Foods) have left the school

porp got the dish from other parents and i guess the mom is kinda unhinged (for example, claiming george clooney was going to come to the class valentine's day party) and the kids have had multiple instances of being disciplined for things like hitting other students and stuff

: /

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Well

Sad

Yeah I get the sentiment here but like I don't think we've had a president this century that could come across as more intelligent than King or Rowling.

At minimum, Wilson could. Truman and elder Bush too.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I went last year but only really mentioned it once or twice.
    visiblehowl I just looked again at booking gencon hotels (just using google's tool which may or may not be good) and there are two hotels within the city with rooms evidently available...for $650/night.

I'm trying to find out how to buy parking from GenCon but I'm not having any luck.

Gate 10 did affiliated parking last year and did a fairly decent job of it. It's (technically) walking distance and they ran shuttles pretty promptly to their two lots. I don't think I'm going this year so I have done zero digging into things for this year.

These folks:
    http://gatetenevents.com/

It is basically just a field though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited February 2017
    spool32 wrote: »
    Well

Sad

At minimum, Wilson could. Truman and elder Bush too.

maybe some of the early presidents too since most of them were highly educated elites

edit: reading fail, didn't see "this century"

Sir Landshark on
    Oh wait it's the 21st century.

Maybe Obama? He's pretty sharp but not in that way.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Infested Duran Duran

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    So lately I've been using cannabis tinctures as an alternative to opiates for managing my back pain, and that's been going well

But today was a super bad day, the kind where that wasn't going to cut it, so I took a couple Dilaudid

...and yep, sure was a reason I developed an addiction to this stuff back in the day, golly does it work

Yeah, I really don't understand how that works! I guess I can't assume there's a hotel shuttle or uber availability? Or can I?

Man I just can't shell out $3000 for a 4-day hotel stay, or like, I *can* but that just seems like a bad use of money, although that is sort of the point of disposable income--to dispose of it...

Going to just keep checking back and hope there's a room in the city in something more like the $300 range some day...maybe that's hopeless...

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bridge, like all trick-taking games, sound enormously boring. Better than Euchre, with the bidding and such, and fewer bizarre arbitrary rules, but still.

I guess at least it lets four people play the stuffy old game instead of e.g. 2 playing chess

Evil Multifarious on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    porp don't even know how to mirror images

selfie game weak

1/10

@skippydumptruck I just left a $2 tip on a $7 tab so here is the customary F U Skappy.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    srsly thinking about putting some purple in my hair

only my hair is dyed auburn that isnt going to come out so i dont know how that would look

i kind of want to stay auburn but i guess i'm not opposed to going back to brown if it meant i got to have purple too

i like something like this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/c2/13/dcc2130e41d6c15e693cf39c7ecf39cb.jpg

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Yeah, I really don't understand how that works! I guess I can't assume there's a hotel shuttle or uber availability? Or can I?

Man I just can't shell out $3000 for a 4-day hotel stay, or like, I *can* but that just seems like a bad use of money, although that is sort of the point of disposable income--to dispose of it...

Going to just keep checking back and hope there's a room in the city in something more like the $300 range some day...maybe that's hopeless...
    We need to just rent our own bus for [chat]ters, with hookers and blackjack. Party GenCon bus 24/7!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Well

Sad

FDR, Eisenhower and Teddy on a good day

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

We need to just rent our own bus for [chat]ters, with hookers and blackjack. Party GenCon bus 24/7!

We're going to play bridge on the party bus

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    So lately I've been using cannabis tinctures as an alternative to opiates for managing my back pain, and that's been going well

But today was a super bad day, the kind where that wasn't going to cut it, so I took a couple Dilaudid

...and yep, sure was a reason I developed an addiction to this stuff back in the day, golly does it work

When my mom's partner had his motorcycle accident, pain management was a major issue with him. At first.

Until we got him the Dilaudid. And then nothing in the world was a major issue.

ChelleYeah wrote: »

only my hair is dyed auburn that isnt going to come out so i dont know how that would look

i kind of want to stay auburn but i guess i'm not opposed to going back to brown if it meant i got to have purple too

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/c2/13/dcc2130e41d6c15e693cf39c7ecf39cb.jpg

doooo iiiiitttt

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

Colored tips can be nice because it still looks good as your hair grows, but the downside if if you like to keep it short or trimmed often, you'll be cutting those tips off in no time.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Bostonians please recommend venues

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Bridge, like all trick-taking games, sound enormously boring. Better than Euchre, with the bidding and such, and fewer bizarre arbitrary rules, but still.

I guess at least it lets four people play the stuffy old game instead of e.g. 2 playing chess

no u

vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2017
    ICE is rounding up people in Chicago now

sigh

edit: second-hand info, maybe hopefully it isn't true

Sir Landshark on
This discussion has been closed.