As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hahahaahahahabhahahahahahah

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    huh, I could round trip to boston for $180 on march 10

180 you say

sc65t7ps9oys.png

ok but you're gonna pay 30 bucks for your bag you cuckster

each way

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    i forgot how shitty gamestop is

even their "new" games come pre-opened and the disc is behind the counter. fuck you guys!

if I went somewhere and they tried this shit I'd walk right the fuck out

yeah i was too eh to care at the moment

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Yeah Podly I realized after posting it that you work in the food service industry. Sorry.

vRyue2p.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    A couple of my friends are in that spot where like, their SO expects them to be an instant and guaranteed ally in all card and board games and will get genuinely upset if that implicit trust is betrayed

Whereas my wife and I realize we are probably each others' most dangerous foe at the table and will go for the jugular ASAP, and will form alliances with other players against each other.

Only in games that are explicitly cooperative for the entire table(Arkham Horror, for example) do we ever team up, because even in team-based games we realise that allying with each other is actually kinda unfair to everyone else.

My wife and I were allies in a game of Risk Legacy and were demolishing the board and it was my turn and I was like just a sec I gotta check something and I was fiddling on my phone

And she was like ARE YOU QUEUEING UP RAINS OF CASTAMERE ON YOUR FUCKING PHONE YOU BASTARD

and I was like

...no

(yes i was)

I remember playing ... I think it was Carcassonne? with you, Aaron, and Cass.

And you and I realized in the same instance that Aaron was in a really strong position to win

And from that point on it wasn't about winning for us, but about stifling Aaron wherever and whenever we could.

Inevitably our accidental cooperation meant you ended up winning, but I was perfectly satisfied with that outcome :P

Fun fact: I was always planning to win, but I had to unite us in a suicide pact to get you to do your bit.

I bought in 100%, partly because I was just happy to be mastering the mechanics of the game, and partly because Aaron was just so disturbed by our spontaneous unspoken alliance.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I've never even fucking heard of "Spirit Airlines."

i'm fucking dying here

@Powerpuppies @Shazkar Shadowstorm @desc all of you go to flights.google.com right now

it's fucking terrible and the only airline i refuse to book anymore

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    sorry skippy that wasn't meant to be mean to you but also fuck spirit and also you'll pay more than that in bullshit post-ticket fees

next cheapest is delta at 221 q_q

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I was playing the viking spear lady in for honor and I did really well

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    a
    i'm fucking dying here

@Powerpuppies @Shazkar Shadowstorm @desc all of you go to flights.google.com right now

Fuck you, I'll be in Mexico and you know it

sig.gif

it's the one with the really tiny seats, right? and everything is an additional fee, including overhead bin space?

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Who even takes sketchy chinatown buses anymore? Bolt Bus is the light

(Though my bad knees and increasing geronticity are making it harder and I'll probably end up splurging for Amtrak the few times I visit Boston quite soon)

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i could do $65 each way mar 9-12 hmm

or i could do $440 each way with a layover in orlando lel

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    spirit and frontier get hilariously low fares but then they mostly equalize because you have to pay even to carry on a bag, let alone to check one

it's a good value if you're just taking a day trip or something i guess, or you're visiting home where you might have clothes stored

puppies you don't have to actually go

just make vh have a stroke

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I'm not putting in a single dollar for the fancy dinner. Take that!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    YO SPIRIT AIRLINES $55 FOR FUCKING CARRY ON HAH WHAT THE FUCK
    Bag information: In economy, carry-on $55, 1st checked $50. Advance purchase discount available. More Spirit Airlines bag information

@Sir Landshark

jungleroomx on
    edited February 2017

it's the one with the really tiny seats, right? and everything is an additional fee, including overhead bin space?

yeah it's like $30 per carryon and $25 per checked bag or something? each way, so double that for round trip. I'm a p skinny guy and the seats were still super uncomfortable

just their whole business model seems to be to suck you in with low airfare and gouge you with everything else

Sir Landshark on
    Podly wrote: »

(Though my bad knees and increasing geronticity are making it harder and I'll probably end up splurging for Amtrak the few times I visit Boston quite soon)

haha you fucking bitch

i remember when i used to complain about the bus and be like man, amtrak is so much comfier

and you were like IT'S 2 HOURS YA PUSS

i'm glad time is fucking you in the butt finally

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Spirit is the worst. Do not fly Spirit.

yeah it's like $30 per carryon and $25 per checked bag or something? I'm a p skinny guy and the seats were still super uncomfortable

just their whole business model seems to be to suck you in with low airfare and gouge you with everything else

all in the plane bathroom, forgot to bring quarters for the toilet paper dispenser

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I was thinking about the whole PAX table top only thing in November remembering to look at the dates. If it was like a week earlier I would be up for it. Take a train or something. Since I should have dog by then I would have to do some planning basically.

But that literally is the weekend before Thanksgiving. Which means I will instead be prepping to fly back to Colorado for Thanksgiving.

So yeah, no PAX unplugged for me.

What is it with PA doing like the worst dates for things?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

180 you say

sc65t7ps9oys.png

That's just a conpsiracy, that's a Boston company trying to trick you

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    which pax has the most [chat]ters? east?

Dynagrip wrote: »

yeah i think so

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    me going to visit my family in march would cost 200 bux if flying

gas would cost me about the same

I know it's wear and tear on the car but I'd rather have my car and I want a road trip even if by my lonesome

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    mang
    ludious was on his way to visit skippy
    got pulled over by the georgia state troopers for speeding on i-85
    trooper is like no one blows through georgia that fast
    ludious says "sherman did"
    and thats why he's locked up in county today

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    You know what card game is weirdly vicious?

Double Hearts

It's Hearts, but you play with two decks combined, and the same card on the same trick nullifies both.

So if I lead the King of Spades, and you play the Queen of Spades, and the guy after you plays the other King of Spades, our Kings don't count for that trick (although it's still a Spades trick) and your Queen is leading, so if the fourth guy scoots under your Queen, you take the trick.

This can make the game RUDE AS HELL. I play it with my wife and her family (who introduced it to me) and man I am glad we're all good sports about it because dang, shit gets real.

Let me tell you about a game called Blackout.

It's a trick taking game. You deal out 10 cards to each player (assuming you have 5 or fewer players). This leaves some number of cards left in the deck. You turn over the top card; whatever suit it is, that's trump.

Now everybody bids on how many tricks they'll take. To make your bid, you have to take exactly that number of tricks, no more, no fewer. If you make your bid, you get 10 points plus your bid. If you don't, you get zero points.

A bid of "zero" is allowed.

Bidding continues until you get to the last person (the dealer). Add up all the previous bids. If the total is fewer than the number of cards you dealt, subtract the total from the number of cards. The last player CANNOT bid that amount. This ensures that at least one person will get screwed every round.

Play according to the usual trick-taking card game rules with trump.

Check to see who made their bids, then write down the scores.

The dealer shifts to the left, and this time you deal only 9 cards. Repeat the above steps, and the next round you deal 8 cards. Continue with this until you only deal 1 card to each player. Then go back up to 10.

This game gets so brutal. You're never safe, even if you've already made your bid, because if you have middling cards like 8s, 9s, and 10s, you might accidentally take something if the other players decide to screw you or you get back luck. It gets really intense when the starting hand size is under 4. The above rule about the dealer not being able to bid an amount that would make the total bids equal to the number of cards comes up way more often than you'd think, especially with fewer cards.

So much fucking other people over. So much cursing.

@visiblehowl I learned this game as "Hellsbridge" in high school --called 'Oh Hell' by people in college usually -- and played it literally every day at lunch with my friends for months, and then often on the bus ride home with different friends. One of my favorite games of all time.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

No, you're a Nazi with a thesaurus

Atomika on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

No, you're a Nazi with a thesaurus

Nazi with a Thesaurus is my alt punk rock band.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Podly wrote: »

Fung Wah is RIP and I'm too old to know what the new version is.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    TTODewback wrote: »
    mang
    trooper is like never blows through georgia that fast
    ludious says "Brady did"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @desc u buyin vermintide bb

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Man I got caught up on that Russia/DJT stuff

Shits gonna get real

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    make bacon

Bless your heart.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

West and East use to be even but I think East folks coast are now way beyond the majority. But South is easier to get in and has a good amount too.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Chanus wrote: »

pls

pls

im already leaving porp with the kids for a meetup with college buddies sometime later this year

she is going to her brothers graduation so it's a fair trade

but getting another free weekend seems unlikely

just spin it like you're doing her a favor she'll never know

i ain't leveled up my spin skill

where's kellyanne Conway when you need her

edited February 2017
    PantsB wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    mang
    trooper is like never blows through georgia that fast
    ludious says "Brady did"

that doesnt work
    the patriots sucked donkey balls the first half
    they didnt even crank the car until the game was halfway over