As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Yay date confirmed

It is February 15, 2017

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I should learn how to ice skate and go be a figure skater.

That'll show everyone.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    i don't read back in chat

ever onward

we'll mourn our dead when we arrive at page 100

It is our way.

*sounds the conch*

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Oh god that motherfucker has some twitter army named giantbomb and they're swarming the hashtag and i am so fucked.

I hate contests that do this, because it means fun or cool entries are basically just wiped out by idiots with followings.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh god that motherfucker has some twitter army named giantbomb and they're swarming the hashtag and i am so fucked.

I hate contests that do this, because it means fun or cool entries are basically just wiped out by idiots with followings.

"not open to employees of taco bell, twitter, or anyone with more than 30K followers"

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When I was in high school wrestling there were occasionally lady wrestlers (Maybe 1 in 10 schools would have a girl on the team) and it was always interesting to see how their male opponents approached the situation. They'd either get super aggressive and try to end the match as quickly as possible, or they'd refuse to wrestle a girl and forfeit the match.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i still have to find a wife
    thats a lot of work to do in 2 weeks

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    When I was in high school wrestling there were occasionally lady wrestlers (Maybe 1 in 10 schools would have a girl on the team) and it was always interesting to see how their male opponents approached the situation. They'd either get super aggressive and try to end the match as quickly as possible, or they'd worry about pitching a tent in spandex and forfeit the match.

fixed.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I recently watched a gender-segregated climbing tournament, and I'm not sure why that's necessary. One could argue that men tend to be taller or better able to perform big, powerful moves, but route setters could certainly account for that. The technicality of each side's problems seemed more or less the same.

Also Alex Puccio and Ashima Shiraishi are literal superhumans, so

TL DR on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

"not open to employees of taco bell, twitter, or anyone with more than 30K followers"

Its just crap, like the contest shouldn't just be a popularity contest it should be a content contest. Like skinhead pie could win all sorts of contests but that's probably not who you want as a winner.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jesus Christ Preach...

skinhead pie

• Options
    Jesus Christ Preach...

skinhead pie

I don't buy his "just a joke stance" and so I have named him accordingly.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    When I was in high school wrestling there were occasionally lady wrestlers (Maybe 1 in 10 schools would have a girl on the team) and it was always interesting to see how their male opponents approached the situation. They'd either get super aggressive and try to end the match as quickly as possible, or they'd worry about pitching a tent in spandex and forfeit the match.

fixed.

Didn't stop our wrestling team when they were wrestling other guys.

Considering how homophobic the wrestling team was I wasn't sure how to parse the situation.

My high school was weird, because each room has a tv in it so they could do morning announcements from it. Also sometimes they'd play a video during home room. One time they had a video of the sports victories and one of the dudes was popping a boner while wrestling.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I thought wrestlers wore cups so I dunno, maybe it was a really pointy cup or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    wrestlers eh
    boners eh

• Options
    I'm genuinely excited to see what happens with pewdiepie though.

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    have you seen american ninja warrior
    its an unfair advantage to have people like supergirls stunt double competing against men

once again women outclass guys and thats just the way the world works.
    except when it comes to pay equality..rights...and actual important stuff apparently.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I went shopping today with my sister-in-law, young niece, and toddler nephew

After I brought my food up to my apartment, I brought Shawn and Bowser down to meet my niece and nephew

My niece was devastated to learn she could not take the dogs home with her

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

you're in alabama. I'm sure you have a few cousins that wanna do the dew

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would be concerned about wrestling a woman because she has probably passed through a crucible of sexist bullshit and really enjoys and is good at wrestling

So she'd probably destroy me

This is even assuming a past EM pre-wrist injuries who was physically active

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Uhhhhh why is my package out for delivery in the town I used to live 18 months ago? Amazon has the delivery address right.

• Options

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

dude has a few million saved up I bet, he doesn't need to work ever again

• Options
    boner wrestling, this fall on Fox.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

you're in alabama. I'm sure you have a few cousins that wanna do the dew

no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    The racist chess coach at my high school was so bad. He believed that chess was a game of "European cultural heritage" (meaning, for white people) even though historically that's wrong and chess is likely Indian in origin.

He was this really snobby Anglophile guy and hated "thuggishness" (read: Black people). Even though the club's meetings and team practice were after school (and thus, acceptable to change out of school uniform), he would be a huge asshole if any kid wore "thuggish" clothing or dressed "inappropriately". He would come down hard on "crude" language, which was not just swearing any slang or y'know, turns of phrase that were insufficiently white.

I hated the guy. The small handful of black kids on the team despised him. The coach was really nice to this one nerdy black kid for being "articulate" and "intellectual" and "appropriate", coded language that was not lost on the young man, so he was pretty resentful of the coach's attention.

Ultimately it was the guy's racism, not his sexism, that got him canned. A sikh kid wanted to join the chess club, and the coach got into it with him over his patka (the not-turban knot head covering you see sikh youths wear). Considering how hard the school tried to be with accommodating the sikh community, it was a thing the coach couldn't get around and he got turfed for it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The power button on my phone stopped working, so I went to the Verizon store and all they could do was sell me a new phone. Fuck you assholes

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    When I was in high school wrestling there were occasionally lady wrestlers (Maybe 1 in 10 schools would have a girl on the team) and it was always interesting to see how their male opponents approached the situation. They'd either get super aggressive and try to end the match as quickly as possible, or they'd refuse to wrestle a girl and forfeit the match.

i was decent at bjj- competitive at the state level. even back then when i wasn't hugely fat there were still not really any females near my weight class.

for all the mystique around grappling about leverage and control and size being irrelevant, it matters. and it seems like bros are generally stronger at the same weight, because very few of the female competitors were able to hold their own against dudes even in their weight class. there's a big principle about not just muscling during training but in competition it showed very clearly.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    i would imagine pewdie has more than just a few million saved up. when all this broke i was reading something that estimated his postax income at over 80 million dollars since starting youtube.

Organichu on
  • Options
    like me at 34, give me three million now and I'd be set for life.

Give me three million at 24 and it would be gone in two years.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    thou doth protest too much, dewback

sounds like not only does a cousin wanna do the dew but the dew wants to give her a baja blast

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    *sigh* More messages into the dating site void. Messages in a bottle...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a buddy of mine wrestled in high school and had to wrestle a girl one match and she oil checked the shit out of him and he lost pretty bad

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

we're talking about the most popular youtuber

despite his videos going "I don't make a lot of money" he is absolutely making a lot of money

I doubt he's making 100mill a year, but 1-5 mill is deffo a realistic number for him

also he has income from branding too

• Options

fixed.

Didn't stop our wrestling team when they were wrestling other guys.

Considering how homophobic the wrestling team was I wasn't sure how to parse the situation.

My high school was weird, because each room has a tv in it so they could do morning announcements from it. Also sometimes they'd play a video during home room. One time they had a video of the sports victories and one of the dudes was popping a boner while wrestling.

Wrestlers have like a weird kind of homophobia/latent homosexuality. Like my high school team loved to talk about shoving fingers in dudes asses to win and they did a lot of hazing that was also like very homosexual in nature where you started to wonder if this was just people who were gay that couldn't actually admit it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    women are less capable of growing combovers and beer guts in order to be proper darts champions

Havent been to a red state walmart have you?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    thou doth protest too much, dewback

sounds like not only does a cousin wanna do the dew but the dew wants to give her a baja blast

no he was just listing all of his fuckable cousins and their responses

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i would imagine pewdie has more than just a few million saved up. when all this broke i was reading something that estimated his postax income at over 80 million dollars since starting youtube.

dude I don't think Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton put together are worth 80 million. Like I just can't buy that he is.

80 million is a fucking lot of money for a youtube act.

• Options

You want him to get marble horneted?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.