As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    thou doth protest too much, dewback

sounds like not only does a cousin wanna do the dew but the dew wants to give her a baja blast

no he was just listing all of his fuckable cousins and their responses

Either that, or asking if anyone saw Tron.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    a buddy of mine wrestled in high school and had to wrestle a girl one match and she oil checked the shit out of him and he lost pretty bad

That is a great name for a wrestling move

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    yeah unless hes super dumb he should have enough money to live a comfortable life just off interest from investments
    10m is like the groovy number

also ludious you are worse than a naked chicken chalupa.

Bless your heart.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm genuinely excited to see what happens with pewdiepie though.

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

dude has a few million saved up I bet, he doesn't need to work ever again

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

we're talking about the most popular youtuber

despite his videos going "I don't make a lot of money" he is absolutely making a lot of money

I doubt he's making 100mill a year, but 1-5 mill is deffo a realistic number for him

also he has income from branding too

oh I didn't know he was the most popular.

I've never actually watched any of his stuff. I thought he just did lets plays.

or is that the maripiler(sp?) guy?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

You want him to get marble horneted?

What happened to Marble Hornets?

I just figured they got out-competed on the Slenderman front because their videos were slow as fuck and boring aside from the creepiness and other people distilled it.

I ate an engineer
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I mean I'd rather have seen them get more famous.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i would imagine pewdie has more than just a few million saved up. when all this broke i was reading something that estimated his postax income at over 80 million dollars since starting youtube.

dude I don't think Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton put together are worth 80 million. Like I just can't buy that he is.

80 million is a fucking lot of money for a youtube act.

Pewdiepie is in a weird internet niche that he hit big on. I think cinnamontoastken, one of his friends, pulls down something like 8-10k a month from what he lets on, and he's at about 1/8th of what pewdiepie has.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    did someone mention oil..and wrestling

HEY GUYS EVER HEAR ABOUT TURKISH OIL WRESTLING

Bless your heart.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    kedinik wrote: »
    a buddy of mine wrestled in high school and had to wrestle a girl one match and she oil checked the shit out of him and he lost pretty bad

That is a great name for a wrestling move

i mean it's not an official move

it's kind of

under the table as it were

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    yeah unless hes super dumb he should have enough money to live a comfortable life just off interest from investments
    10m is like the groovy number

also ludious you are worse than a naked chicken chalupa.

I feel like you need way less than 10m to just retire. Like, 10m is 400k a year at 4%.

I ate an engineer
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    freshman year of college there was a guy in our dorm that wrestled in high school and we wrestled a few times and it was surprisingly fun and also hella good exercise later we fucked a million times in a barn

but anyways it made me kinda wish I had tried it in high school but the whole sweating off water to make weight thing was a big issue for my parents

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pooping.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, for a sport that involved sweaty men in singlets rolling around on a mat there was a ton of homophobia.

Although this was the mid-late-90s so it wasn't out of the ordinary.

When I was a freshman one of the upperclassmen was known for the tactic of kissing his opponent on the cheek as he was about to be pinned. The opponent couldn't get away fast enough.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    milski wrote: »

I just figured they got out-competed on the Slenderman front because their videos were slow as fuck and boring aside from the creepiness and other people distilled it.

na man I actually knew those guys on a (semi) personal level and they just imploded as friends after one of them brought a yoko into the group.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Marble Hornets got super dumb by about part 15

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

They became AH's buddies and he gave them some bad advice.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

dude has a few million saved up I bet, he doesn't need to work ever again

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

we're talking about the most popular youtuber

despite his videos going "I don't make a lot of money" he is absolutely making a lot of money

I doubt he's making 100mill a year, but 1-5 mill is deffo a realistic number for him

also he has income from branding too

oh I didn't know he was the most popular.

I've never actually watched any of his stuff. I thought he just did lets plays.

or is that the maripiler(sp?) guy?

markiplier?

you're like my mom who calls everything a nintendo bro

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    freshman year of college there was a guy in our dorm that wrestled in high school and we wrestled a few times and it was surprisingly fun and also hella good exercise later we fucked a million times in a barn

but anyways it made me kinda wish I had tried it in high school but the whole sweating off water to make weight thing was a big issue for my parents

Elaborate

I ate an engineer
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Yay date confirmed

It is February 15, 2017

FAKE NEWS

Feral wrote: »
    Pooping.

God I hate this cell phone extension of yours.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    This bartender is really cute but this Manhattan is really mediocre

Overall score 4/10

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

yeah having to do laps in a sweatsuit with garbage bags under them seemed like a not fun way to spend an afternoon

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

checks out nothing to see here

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    When I was in high school wrestling there were occasionally lady wrestlers (Maybe 1 in 10 schools would have a girl on the team) and it was always interesting to see how their male opponents approached the situation. They'd either get super aggressive and try to end the match as quickly as possible, or they'd worry about pitching a tent in spandex and forfeit the match.

fixed.

Didn't stop our wrestling team when they were wrestling other guys.

Considering how homophobic the wrestling team was I wasn't sure how to parse the situation.

My high school was weird, because each room has a tv in it so they could do morning announcements from it. Also sometimes they'd play a video during home room. One time they had a video of the sports victories and one of the dudes was popping a boner while wrestling.

My high school wrestling team was also super homophobic, which was so fucking weird because the football and hockey teams (which were the same dudes for the most part who played football/hockey) were not at all.

I came out towards the end of 10th grade, and by 11th grade everyone knew I was queer. But even before then, lots of my friends knew, it was a thing that got gossiped about.

So when I wanted to join the wrestling team, the coach straight up told me the rest of the team was basically boycotting me being allowed on and while the coach was willing to ignore them and tell them to shut the fuck up and deal with it, the coach also told me to decide if I wanted to deal with being on a team with people who hate and resent me. I chose not to.

This led to the football/hockey dudes (who were my bros and supported me) giving the wrestling team no end of shit and pulling vicious and mean spirited pranks on them and spreading rumors about them and I actually had to tell them to walk it back because it was kind of a bit much.

I appreciated that they were showing solidarity but they started supergluing dildos to these guys lockers and stuff

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Elaborate

whoops! draft issues haha you know how that goes lol

goddamit vanilla

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i don't understand pewdiepie

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    pewdiepie confirmed he made over 4million from youtube in 2013 when he had 15,000,000 subscribers

he eventually broke 50,000,000

idk how it scales but i believe he was making over 10 million a year the past couple years just from views, let alone whatever other sources if he does branded stuff or merch

tens of millions is a definite

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yay I finally got my full sized keyboard for my MacBook at work. You dont realize how much you miss typing on one of these things until you are stuck on a laptop keyboard and track pad at work for extended periods.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    When wrestling you should just ultimately surrender

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

This is probably because you've gone through adolescence.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

my friend ran distance in track, ran cross country, and wrestled, and ran more for wrestling than for either of the other two running sports

popular lets play person makes social commentary and stops doing lets play

shit I guess I should have gotten into youtube like 10 years ago.

oh well.

::goes back to patching servers and talking to chatters::

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I'm pretty good with money and I'm not confident I could live off 3 million the rest of my life

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    pewdiepie has over 200x as many subscribes as felicia day

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage 100% approve of PAX east dinner selection

I love Inman square; I lived a couple blocks away in my first post-college apartment and have so much fondness for that location. The restaurant is newer than that and looks nice!

Steam, LoL: credeiki

What sucks prior to this recent shit he was actually making decent commentary and losing some of the gibbering idiots from his fan base. Than he had to go and do some nazi shit and "just a joke bros" it. One of the people defending him likes to say the n word to take away its "power" but he's the whitest white boy who's white so you have to wonder if he really understands like literally anything about power.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Looks like his net worth is somewhere around $60-80 million.

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.