As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    PantsB wrote: »
    I'm pretty good with money and I'm not confident I could live off 3 million the rest of my life

I mean, that's 60 years of $50k/yr

you'd have to be relatively smart with your money and probably not live anywhere super high CoL but it's doable

Buy two million pound houses and rent them out at like 3k each a month.

Buy a lovely place for yourself outright.

Proceed to live a cozy as fuck life.

Leitner on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    it is intimidating to play boardgames with people are way more experienced/cerebral than you

you're sitting there like let's see, should i buy this green mana card

and shark is like i mean does it really matter, there are 14 remaining cards in the deck and 12 will provide you with the same combat power for the next turn

and i'm like o-oh yeah i uh, yes i knew that

*using calculator under table*

I dislike playing board games with people who study every aspect of a board game so that they can tell what people are doing when they do it.

i don't think shark is a try hard at all. he's just smart and has a good memory.

he doesn't need to try he's just naturally hard

Me too.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    50k a year for 60 years and not working at all sounds fucking amazing

Especially since if you already have all of it it's easy to invest a large portion

I don't expect to live to 92

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    i don't understand pewdiepie

What sucks prior to this recent shit he was actually making decent commentary and losing some of the gibbering idiots from his fan base. Than he had to go and do some nazi shit and "just a joke bros" it. One of the people defending him likes to say the n word to take away its "power" but he's the whitest white boy who's white so you have to wonder if he really understands like literally anything about power.

Wait do you actually believe he's a legit nazi and wanted to actually put "Kill all the jews" or whatever as a bonafide message?

I believe he muddies the waters enough especially in the current climate I'm not fond of the "just a joke" when we have legit nazis in our government.

Watch h3h3's video on it then. And no, Trump is not a Nazi (and neither are most of his party members people keep pretending are nazis). He's a discriminatory fuckface, but he is absolutely not on third reich level yet.
    Bannon? Stephen Miller?

I feel like, yes we can go "wow you're a nazi" when we don't like someone and they're a racist chode but at the same time, that's crazy insensitive to people who actually have dealt with nazis and concentration camps.
    I don't think concentration camp survivors are gonna be big on Steve bannon either tbh

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    I'm pretty good with money and I'm not confident I could live off 3 million the rest of my life

you'd have to be relatively smart with your money and probably not live anywhere super high CoL but it's doable

That's a heavy house!

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    yeah i already make 50k to not do work at work

i'd easily except 50k to just not do work at home

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

That seems like a really low rent for a million dollar house

I ate an engineer
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

BRB sending this to your boss.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'm genuinely excited to see what happens with pewdiepie though.

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

dude has a few million saved up I bet, he doesn't need to work ever again

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

we're talking about the most popular youtuber

despite his videos going "I don't make a lot of money" he is absolutely making a lot of money

I doubt he's making 100mill a year, but 1-5 mill is deffo a realistic number for him

also he has income from branding too

oh I didn't know he was the most popular.

I've never actually watched any of his stuff. I thought he just did lets plays.

or is that the maripiler(sp?) guy?

Fuckyoureold.gif

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i don't understand pewdiepie

What sucks prior to this recent shit he was actually making decent commentary and losing some of the gibbering idiots from his fan base. Than he had to go and do some nazi shit and "just a joke bros" it. One of the people defending him likes to say the n word to take away its "power" but he's the whitest white boy who's white so you have to wonder if he really understands like literally anything about power.

Wait do you actually believe he's a legit nazi and wanted to actually put "Kill all the jews" or whatever as a bonafide message?

I believe he muddies the waters enough especially in the current climate I'm not fond of the "just a joke" when we have legit nazis in our government.

Watch h3h3's video on it then. And no, Trump is not a Nazi (and neither are most of his party members people keep pretending are nazis). He's a discriminatory fuckface, but he is absolutely not on third reich level yet.
    Bannon? Stephen Miller?

I feel like, yes we can go "wow you're a nazi" when we don't like someone and they're a racist chode but at the same time, that's crazy insensitive to people who actually have dealt with nazis and concentration camps.
    I don't think concentration camp survivors are gonna be big on Steve bannon either tbh

I agree. I don't think they'd call him a nazi, I think they'd make some parallels, but not all birds are ducks for instance. Those corkscrew penises will get you every time.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

I imagine this correlates strongly with transphobia

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I am eating a nice healthy salad....

*twitch*

BRB sending this to your boss.

pff almost all my coworkers have already quit for other jobs

they can't afford to not have me here

Arch,
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

I think it's about right

Rent follows mortgages and that's about where a mortgage would put you these days

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    People call them nazis because the right has become so full of racists, just saying they are racist doesn't feel like it covers the kind of awful shit Bannon and Co want. Its a shock word, but its not out of place.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'd go for 60k for 50 years instead

82 sounds more plausible

kedinik wrote: »

I think it's about right

Rent follows mortgages and that's about where a mortgage would put you these days

3000 is way less than the note on a 30 uear million pound loan

I ate an engineer
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Every time I get my 401k statement and I see that sharp downturn years ago I weep a little on the inside.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

82 sounds more plausible

Also if you hit 82 and had literally spent all of that money and were now broke, you could just say fuck it and like go fight a bear.

are YOU on the beer list?
    Assuming you can live off rental income seems like a bad idea considering most land lords I know seemingly have issues with tenants more often than not. I could imagine that would even be more of a "oh fuck" when that's how you pay your bills.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    wait is the 50 k before or after taxes

Arch,
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

this is the root of a lot of the "m4m, no homo" stuff

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Different asset types can generate a shit load of income from 3 million in principal. Plus you're also at levels where you're an accredited investor and can do Reg D stuff.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I think it's about right

yeah 3000 would be like 500K

are YOU on the beer list?

82 sounds more plausible

Also if you hit 82 and had literally spent all of that money and were now broke, you could just say fuck it and like go fight a bear.

The Something Positive retirement plan.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Turn the radio on

Hosts lady talking about some kind of "DILF movement" thats DILF's are the new MILF's

.....what

Assuming you can live off rental income seems like a bad idea considering most land lords I know seemingly have issues with tenants more often than not. I could imagine that would even be more of a "oh fuck" when that's how you pay your bills.

Being a landlord is a full time job. Property managers make bank.

I ate an engineer
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    let me say outright, right now, that I don't really like pewdie

I watched a bunch of his shit several years ago, sure. but otherwise I find him kind of meh.

I feel like "pretending" (he might actually be racist) like he's racist because that's what the news story you read said is no different than thinking there's a bunch of illegal mexicans and arabs in the us that're about to kill you because fox news told you that.

Also saying he's got melted down Jew teeth gold since he's blond (and thus Aryan???) is pretty fucking racist/prejudiced too, jesus christ, he's Swedish.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    .sup u butts im eating pho

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

also jo buds and the like
    not that there is anything wrong with jo buds
    but like it is a very specifically masculine gay thing

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I think it's about right

Eh?

Right now you could buy a million-dollar home in LA and pay about $3.5k per month

Dunno what else to tell you

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2NBZ_apg0

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Hi folks!

Please consider the following:

While it is technically correct that the terms White Nationalist, Neo-Nazi, Nazi, and Fascist are different things and do not mean identical things...

Please think very carefully if it is actually important to correct people about which one they are using to refer to a specific odious, harmful racist by.

Of course it's true that not all White Nationalists are Nazis, and not all Fascists are White Nationalists, but all of those people are dangerous, harmful, and have important unifying characteristics that people need to be aware of.

Quibbling over the specificity of these terms can be important! ...sometimes. Often, though, it really, really isn't. It can be important in a historical context, or in specifying exactly which group a hatemonger's loyalties lie with. But otherwise, in common conversation, these terms can be used fairly interchangeably and getting hung up on pedantry can only create a distracting side conversation of people talking past each other.

So just... decide how important it is for you to be technically correct.

you can be boring and spend 3 million dollars on being a landlord

or i could do my cool highschool dream of opening a giant barcade/skateboarding/nightclub complex

basically the foot soldiers layer from the first TMNT movie in the 90s

Arch,
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    People call them nazis because the right has become so full of racists, just saying they are racist doesn't feel like it covers the kind of awful shit Bannon and Co want. Its a shock word, but its not out of place.
    It's not really even an exaggeration

I doubt there's much daylight between the opinions of the Breitbart crowd and actual flag-waving neonazis

I've delved a little bit into the alt-right gamergatey wing of YouTube and the racism and white supremacy and anti-Semitism is p blatant

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

see this is why you make the rent low (since you're fuck-off rich anyway you can afford to slightly cripple your income stream)

renters lining up

only accept ones with 800+ credit, willing to accept onerous background checks, can pay first/last/deposit upfront

get you them good tenants

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Neco wrote: »
    .sup u butts im eating pho

i read this wrong

Arch,
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

also jo buds and the like
    not that there is anything wrong with jo buds
    but like it is a very specifically masculine gay thing

Hearing about gay male subcultures and peripheral stuff is like a window into a world that is weirdly familiar, yet slightly off

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    With nonpleb money getting into multi-family units near public transits in areas that are subject to gentrification will earn you a shit load.

Contract out to a property management company to manage the real estate. They will do your tenant legwork. Use increased wealth on the gentrified properties to finance new acquisitions.

Squeeze the area.

tyrannus on
    Aioua wrote: »

see this is why you make the rent low (since you're fuck-off rich anyway you can afford to slightly cripple your income stream)

renters lining up

only accept ones with 800+ credit, willing to accept onerous background checks, can pay first/last/deposit upfront

get you them good tenants

but if they have 800+ credit score wouldn't they just buy a house?

actually if they have a score that high its probably because they already bought a house

Arch,
This discussion has been closed.