As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Pony wrote: »
    Hi folks!

Please consider the following:

While it is technically correct that the terms White Nationalist, Neo-Nazi, Nazi, and Fascist are different things and do not mean identical things...

Please think very carefully if it is actually important to correct people about which one they are using to refer to a specific odious, harmful racist by.

Of course it's true that not all White Nationalists are Nazis, and not all Fascists are White Nationalists, but all of those people are dangerous, harmful, and have important unifying characteristics that people need to be aware of.

Quibbling over the specificity of these terms can be important! ...sometimes. Often, though, it really, really isn't. It can be important in a historical context, or in specifying exactly which group a hatemonger's loyalties lie with. But otherwise, in common conversation, these terms can be used fairly interchangeably and getting hung up on pedantry can only create a distracting side conversation of people talking past each other.

So just... decide how important it is for you to be technically correct.

I mean, yeah, White Nationalist and Neo-Nazi are kinda close, but fascism isn't.

I feel like actually using words correctly is important.

Thats kinda like "Transgender... drag queen... I mean do we need to be caught up in details?"

jungleroomx on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Assuming you can live off rental income seems like a bad idea considering most land lords I know seemingly have issues with tenants more often than not. I could imagine that would even be more of a "oh fuck" when that's how you pay your bills.

see this is why you make the rent low (since you're fuck-off rich anyway you can afford to slightly cripple your income stream)

renters lining up

only accept ones with 800+ credit, willing to accept onerous background checks, can pay first/last/deposit upfront

get you them good tenants

Even good tenants can fuck you though. I wouldn't ever have a retirement strat based off renting. That seems like a suckers game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    bowen wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm genuinely excited to see what happens with pewdiepie though.

Like, normal celebrities who didn't get famous from youtube can fuck up and still have a multi million dollar career, but I mean this is a guy who's entire bread and butter relies on youtube and it's not trump supporters that were watching his gaming vids. (for the most part)

Like, I'd like this to be the crack in the iceberg of "youtube famous" where he'll end up working as a manager at a costco in a couple of years and people will just be like "damn"

dude has a few million saved up I bet, he doesn't need to work ever again

yeah a few million does you dick though when you're still a young man and never learned how to invest that shit.

Also I'd be surprised if he had a few million saved up. MAYBE if he got to keep the advance for his tv deal that fell through, but still.

we're talking about the most popular youtuber

despite his videos going "I don't make a lot of money" he is absolutely making a lot of money

I doubt he's making 100mill a year, but 1-5 mill is deffo a realistic number for him

also he has income from branding too

12 million in 2015.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    guys call the Hague I just found out I am harboring a war criminal

twist: the criminal is my own butt

i hereby serve notice that i formally disown and disavow it and its actions that are abhorrent to all decent people

rRwz9.gif
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

i hereby serve notice that i formally disown and disavow it and its actions that are abhorrent to all decent people

Yeah your ass is pretty awful

:D

tyrannus on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

do you have the butt pees

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I'll put it this way: The average bachelor only worker is expected to make 1.4 million over their career. So 3 million is like living at the same level as the average two earner plus 200K minus however many years of health insurance and the average household doesn't save enough to reasonably retire.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Man, Neco's PM really got to you, didn't it?

vRyue2p.png
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Assuming you can live off rental income seems like a bad idea considering most land lords I know seemingly have issues with tenants more often than not. I could imagine that would even be more of a "oh fuck" when that's how you pay your bills.

see this is why you make the rent low (since you're fuck-off rich anyway you can afford to slightly cripple your income stream)

renters lining up

only accept ones with 800+ credit, willing to accept onerous background checks, can pay first/last/deposit upfront

but if they have 800+ credit score wouldn't they just buy a house?

actually if they have a score that high its probably because they already bought a house

no, because people aren't buying houses these days due to lack of credit

they're not buying houses cause houses cost half million fucking dollars for a broke-down crack shack

(he says, houseless, with his perfect credit)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This may be controversial but, I think pho is better than both nazis and non nazi white nationalists.

Not that there is honestly much of a difference.

Neco on

Sounds like someone has a case of the ass days.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    when are people going to learn when ludious is just making a stupid joke?

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    This may be controversial but, I think pho is better than both natxis and non nazi white nationalists.

Not that there is honestly much of a difference.

I would rather eat pho than Nazi's, so I agree with this.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The gender roles convo reminded me of a high school conversation where people started calling a guy gay for talking about cuddling with his girlfriend.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

renters lining up

actually if they have a score that high its probably because they already bought a house

they're not buying houses cause houses cost half million fucking dollars for a broke-down crack shack

i mean you could just live on the south side

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

poe's law

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    you motherfuckers needs to appreciate all the work im doin for yall *flips table*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    you motherfuckers needs to appreciate all the work im doin for yall *flips table*

Well see I *just* set that table up.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Send him to the gas chamber

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I do tho

I do, more than anyone

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

I have done this

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Trump Calls On Only Conservative Outlets For Three Straight Press Conferences

so fair and balanced

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Hi folks!

While it is technically correct that the terms White Nationalist, Neo-Nazi, Nazi, and Fascist are different things and do not mean identical things...

Please think very carefully if it is actually important to correct people about which one they are using to refer to a specific odious, harmful racist by.

Of course it's true that not all White Nationalists are Nazis, and not all Fascists are White Nationalists, but all of those people are dangerous, harmful, and have important unifying characteristics that people need to be aware of.

Quibbling over the specificity of these terms can be important! ...sometimes. Often, though, it really, really isn't. It can be important in a historical context, or in specifying exactly which group a hatemonger's loyalties lie with. But otherwise, in common conversation, these terms can be used fairly interchangeably and getting hung up on pedantry can only create a distracting side conversation of people talking past each other.

I see bowen's point about not overusing it

but IMO Bannon is definitely one of those people

Think about the most racist relative you have and compare what they say in private or on facebook to what they say in public, at work

now look at what bannon has said with fucking cameras rolling, and imagine what he's like when they aren't

I couldn't build a court case, but I see the white supremacy smoke, I think there's some variation of nazi fire!

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

My war with my own butt began yesterday at 11:28 am

After 3 terrible battles stretched across two days, finally, 1 hour ago my butt was defeated

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Day 8 of being bed ridden

Good fuck I am tired of being sick

renters lining up

Or up North. People in Seattle act like that's the only place anyone actually lives.

pleasepaypreacher.net

renters lining up

what like tukwila

des moins

kent

c'mon man I'd like to be able to get to work in under 2 hours

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze

i appreciate it for sure

thank you hakks <3

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

i am filing this habeus corpus motion for you to eject all prisoners into the nearest international waters

i mean pooping

how much can you squat because I need someone to help me move some furniture

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Petition to change Ludious' handle to LudiPie

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Nap, gym, videogames with bros tonight????

Castle, how do you make it look so easy?

alcohol and loose woman

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I appreciate you Hakkes <3

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    milski wrote: »
    The gender roles convo reminded me of a high school conversation where people started calling a guy gay for talking about cuddling with his girlfriend.

I get that all the time

Hi folks!

I see bowen's point about not overusing it

but IMO Bannon is definitely one of those people

Think about the most racist relative you have and compare what they say in private or on facebook to what they say in public, at work

now look at what bannon has said with fucking cameras rolling, and imagine what he's like when they aren't

I couldn't build a court case, but I see the white supremacy smoke, I think there's some variation of nazi fire!

I'm comfortable calling Bannon a nazi.

I'm not comfortable calling Pewdiepie a nazi because wall street journal blog shit had a slow news day and cut out like 10 seconds of his video and presented it without context.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    but tyrannus what if i am making 65k a year and have no investments

and what if i spend $600 a month on food

theoretically

knitdan wrote: »

Petition to change Ludious' handle to LudiPie

oh shit can we pay for this

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hakkes i do not appreciate you but i deem you to be grimly necessary

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Trump Calls On Only Conservative Outlets For Three Straight Press Conferences

so fair and balanced

If the mainstream media gets the message to go to war with him, it's probably for the best

It's not like they're saying anything true in those conferences

renters lining up

Or up North. People in Seattle act like that's the only place anyone actually lives.

I don't actually want to live in seattle city limits

seems like you pay a premium for nothing

This discussion has been closed.