As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    To be clear, I do respect private security dudes who wear a uniform and exist as a deterrent to robbery at places like jewelry stores or banks or gas stations, and that those guys are largely there to protect the staff.

I dont respect the "plainclothes" goobers who creep around department stores so they can spear a 15 year old who tries to steal a pair of Diesel jeans. Those guys are bags of shit doing an unnecessary job and they're uniformly shitty people.

Eh

When my only decent check is the one that includes the quarterly bonus that decreases as a direct result of shrink, I absolutely want somebody to catch the meth-addicted earwig who's walking out of my store with a lifted $1100 tv.

I want them, and then the police, to treat them like thieving rat shit and put them in a hole somewhere away from their children, to rethink their life choices.

I do not want to grant them a refund on their stolen merchandise the next day.

The problem here is that the shitty company is fucking your bonus because of shrink, tho

Like yeah, thieve suck, shrink sucks

But it's not morally right for a private corporation to employ dudes with minimal training and education to physically assault poor people and minors so that they can... not lose money

I've spent my life under the assumption that this occurs, but I have not once witnessed or heard tell of it regarding any of my local stores

But, no, do not fucking steal shit

Don't do it.

Food? Sure

Medicine? Sure

Diapers and shit a kid might need? Adsolutely

But if you're a grown man try to yoink a fucking TV, I want somebody to hit you in the kidney so fucking hard it leaps out your navel.

If you need money so bad that you're willing to steal shit to fence, I gotta say... I fucking work(ed) at WalMart. It sucks, I was poor, and I wanted for things. But at least it was my time and energy (barely) paying my bills.

We're not going to see eye to eye on this.

Like, I'm not going to make excuses for criminals, or say it's okay for them to steal, but no, I'm not okay with them getting brutalized by some shit-head mall cop dipshit.

I worked in private security for many years and I know what those guys are like. I've also been poor, and I've been a thief, and I've been a criminal.

Do you know why, in Ontario, they finally decided to require everyone who works in private security in any capacity to have a license?

Because in 1999, a loss prevention guy at a Loblaws killed someone. A guy had shoplifted some shit, and some gomer ass private security guy tackled him and handcuffed him and held him down, and in the process asphyxiated the guy and he fuckin' died. Because private security people aren't cops. Because the guy was a barely trained fuckin' ape.

I'm never gonna be on the side of absolutist justice. I'm never gonna be on the side of brutalizing criminals, no matter how hard you have struggled to be on the right side of the law or how much you've busted your ass to earn your living and pay your rent like a decent citizen. Human beings are human beings, they don't deserve to get smoked into the ground by some Paul Blart ass motherfucker because they tried to rip off a PlayStation. And the shit-ass company that tries to put you on their fuckin' side by docking your bonus based on shrink so that you blame the thieves when the company could just as easily eat the shit as if it's your god damn fault that theft happens (although to be fair most theft is employee theft not shoplifting but besides the point) should make you mad at the company, not the thieves. That's like union-busting bullshit, man, c'mon.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I should go back and finish red dead redemption one day. But...
    I was at that part where everyone is reunited and playing happy frontier family and I know what happens so I figure if I stop there it's a happy ending for everyone!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I would have been much happier if the new Prey was a sequel to the only triple-A video game to ever star a Native American that wasn't also a massively racist caricature

yeah, that would've been nice

Assassin's 3 Creed didn't tick that box?

Oh, that's right

But, unfortunately, I don't give a shit about Assassin's Creed. Also, wasn't that character, like Brave Native Warrior Man? Because that's, like... saying an AC game starring a ninja is good representation for Japanese characters in video games.

Even worse. AC3 spoilers.

Half breed brave native american warrior.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The idea that some retail stores reduce employee compensation due to shrinkage is disgusting to me.

Unsurprising, but disgusting.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    WHERE IS MY GODDAMN BUS

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    When wal-mart removed the employee food discount the store I worked at suffered over 100k in abnormal shrinkage the next month

override367 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    To be clear, I do respect private security dudes who wear a uniform and exist as a deterrent to robbery at places like jewelry stores or banks or gas stations, and that those guys are largely there to protect the staff.

I dont respect the "plainclothes" goobers who creep around department stores so they can spear a 15 year old who tries to steal a pair of Diesel jeans. Those guys are bags of shit doing an unnecessary job and they're uniformly shitty people.

Eh

When my only decent check is the one that includes the quarterly bonus that decreases as a direct result of shrink, I absolutely want somebody to catch the meth-addicted earwig who's walking out of my store with a lifted $1100 tv.

I want them, and then the police, to treat them like thieving rat shit and put them in a hole somewhere away from their children, to rethink their life choices.

The problem here is that the shitty company is fucking your bonus because of shrink, tho

But it's not morally right for a private corporation to employ dudes with minimal training and education to physically assault poor people and minors so that they can... not lose money

I've spent my life under the assumption that this occurs, but I have not once witnessed or heard tell of it regarding any of my local stores

Don't do it.

Food? Sure

Medicine? Sure

But if you're a grown man try to yoink a fucking TV, I want somebody to hit you in the kidney so fucking hard it leaps out your navel.

If you need money so bad that you're willing to steal shit to fence, I gotta say... I fucking work(ed) at WalMart. It sucks, I was poor, and I wanted for things. But at least it was my time and energy (barely) paying my bills.

Like, I'm not going to make excuses for criminals, or say it's okay for them to steal, but no, I'm not okay with them getting brutalized by some shit-head mall cop dipshit.

I worked in private security for many years and I know what those guys are like. I've also been poor, and I've been a thief, and I've been a criminal.

Do you know why, in Ontario, they finally decided to require everyone who works in private security in any capacity to have a license?

Because in 1999, a loss prevention guy at a Loblaws killed someone. A guy had shoplifted some shit, and some gomer ass private security guy tackled him and handcuffed him and held him down, and in the process asphyxiated the guy and he fuckin' died. Because private security people aren't cops. Because the guy was a barely trained fuckin' ape.

I'm never gonna be on the side of absolutist justice. I'm never gonna be on the side of brutalizing criminals, no matter how hard you have struggled to be on the right side of the law or how much you've busted your ass to earn your living and pay your rent like a decent citizen. Human beings are human beings, they don't deserve to get smoked into the ground by some Paul Blart ass motherfucker because they tried to rip off a PlayStation. And the shit-ass company that tries to put you on their fuckin' side by docking your bonus based on shrink so that you blame the thieves when the company could just as easily eat the shit as if it's your god damn fault that theft happens (although to be fair most theft is employee theft not shoplifting but besides the point) should make you mad at the company, not the thieves. That's like union-busting bullshit, man, c'mon.

I mean

at least the guy who killed a shoplifter was an actual employee and not some rando with a gun who ended up killing someone

http://kfor.com/2017/02/06/police-customer-shot-killed-man-trying-to-steal-diapers-baby-itesms/

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I mean

at least the guy who killed a shoplifter was an actual employee and not some rando with a gun who ended up killing someone

http://kfor.com/2017/02/06/police-customer-shot-killed-man-trying-to-steal-diapers-baby-itesms/

Jeheesus, it's also a Florida Man story. God.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular

Eh

Don't do it.

Food? Sure

Medicine? Sure

I mean

This sentence right here is why I go pretty negative on America sometimes:
    So far, no arrests have been made in the case.

Like, seriously?

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I just love it when you are ordering something and the person taking the order does not prompt you at all.

That's just great.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ohhhh

Ohhhhhhhhh

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nazis=Darth Vader
    Neo-Nazis=Kylo Ren

OHHHHHHHH

edited February 2017

Eh

Don't do it.

Food? Sure

Medicine? Sure

I mean

This sentence right here is why I go pretty negative on America sometimes:
    So far, no arrests have been made in the case.

Like, seriously?

I knew it was going to either be texas or florida right off the bat

override367 on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I would have been much happier if the new Prey was a sequel to the only triple-A video game to ever star a Native American that wasn't also a massively racist caricature

yeah, that would've been nice

Assassin's 3 Creed didn't tick that box?

Oh, that's right

But, unfortunately, I don't give a shit about Assassin's Creed. Also, wasn't that character, like Brave Native Warrior Man? Because that's, like... saying an AC game starring a ninja is good representation for Japanese characters in video games.

Nope. Connor's assassin training and motivation are a little more complicated than that; he uses a hatchet and a bow but he rises well above a stereotype.

AC3 is still the most boring of all the AC games gameplay-wise.

"an unidentified juvenille minor was also wounded"

hey maybe lets not charge the guy with anything he seems reasonable

oh he can keep his gun too

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    FL7LI0O.jpg

Bowser in classic form: asleep, on his back, paws tucked against his chest, one canine poking out of his mouth like a long grain of rice

WdgWyIX.jpg

HE SEES US

RUN

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    That doesn't even look like a real dog.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    No don't do that, if you don't move he can't see you. Trust me I studied bones...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That humblebundle is actually selling out.

Hopefully the games are still available if you've purchased them before they started running out of keys, but have not yet redeemed them all.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    dang I wanna pet that dog right now I tell you what.

Preacher wrote: »
    No don't do that, if you don't move he can't see you. Trust me I studied bones...

Never run from a dog. You'll only die licked.

Now I want a video of someone going down to be swarmed by corgi puppies.

"GO ON WITHOUT ME THE CUTE HAS DONE ME IN!"

pleasepaypreacher.net

Now I want a video of someone going down to be swarmed by corgi puppies.

"GO ON WITHOUT ME THE CUTE HAS DONE ME IN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ThlJOj6zk

YES YES!!! Oh my god so cute.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, cool, looks like I was able to get the stand-alone Path of Exile client running in Wine (no dice on the Steam version, though, so I'll have to start from scratch. Not that I had a lot to lose there.)

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Eh

Don't do it.

Food? Sure

Medicine? Sure

Oh, I absolutely agree with this.

I simply think that stealing entertainment goods and stuff like that, whether because you want the stuff or because you refuse to deep fry things for minimum wage, makes a person basically... kinda shitty.

Like, that person is absolutely failing to see the consequences of their actions, or doesn't care. That's like grade school-level critical thinking: don't steal shit, because Stealing Is Wrong. We slap children's hands for that kinda thing, and an adult who willfully does it for a lark or for gain is definitely IMO a giant dick sandwich for doing so.

I use hyperbole a lot, but I actually absolutely don't want somebody getting murdered for theft. The American criminal justice system is fucked six ways from Sunday, so I have no idea!

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

that would wake him up, fww

that would make you a war criminal, I'm pretty sure

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I love how incestuous the cast of Always Sunny is.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Nevermind, all my characters are there! Sweet.

kedinik wrote: »

that would wake him up, fww

that would make you a war criminal, I'm pretty sure

a visit to the hague would be worth it to skritch that pupper's chin and no jury would convict me.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I love [...] incest[.]

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    WHERE IS MY GODDAMN BUS

Sorry I ate it

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

This lad has led a rough life if he is only 15

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I love [...] incest[.]

Incest is better than incel, is what I always say.

edited February 2017
    Tav wrote: »
    This lad has led a rough life if he is only 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvL-4Pm3Zmw

firewaterword on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I liked the joke you made on twitter more, Tav

but it's good that you're doing split market response testing for your material

simonwolf wrote: »
    I love [...] incest[.]

Incest is better than incel, is what I always say.

as soon as I hit post I thought "wait that isnt even a mischaracterisation for Shivahn"

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    heeeeeey chat. hey.
    So previews of the new Prey game went up and this video of parts from the first hour is super good looking.

how spoilery is this? I loved prey, haters be damned. And if this one has an intro that's even half as cool as the original's I don't wanna know about it.

maybe dont watch it, I doubt Bethesda and Arkane would let this go out if they thought it was that big but there is a cool moment or two there that would be cool to see fresh if you were so inclined

• porpporp Registered User regular
    if you wanted weeded out just say so

9myYClW.jpg

@porp always concerned about me smoking weed while we play OW

then they played OW with me while i tried to take a break from smoking two weeks and they were like ok no Brian you need to smoke please you're getting too intense

so which is it people

It's true. Never take a smoking break like that again.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    oh dang I feel like I should be following tav on twitter

give us the deeeeeeets

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So I've got a headache today, and I'm tired. So the solution is to drink a readbull and some whiskey. Let's have good time in this hotel room.

Also and I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but Bordentown New Jersey isn't that bad, I've eaten some good food and people have been very polite.

This discussion has been closed.