As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Today we are going to be introduced to objects.

*steeples fingers* eeeeeeexcellent~

haha you talk like you're heartbroken over getting rejected by google and the internship hunt is brutal and you can't write perfectly optimal code- you mean you haven't even learned about objects?

good grief i worry for your mental health kobold

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    cB557 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

Uhh who else

kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long
    I would ask but whenever I ask chat something people just tell me to google it

PS if you google "is shivahn actually weird" the first link is me asking if people are still hard after orgasming with partners

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    that's actually me, if anyone wants to follow

i'll edit it out in the next while cus i don't really want personal details public

@firewaterword mind editing out the link that has my full name in it? :P

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I should def get a standing desk for home though. Usually able to be way more active though so I feel it more when I can't be.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

por que no los dos

Oh yes simon and desc and MrMister and p10 and

are you just listing out PAX DC attendees

Nah there were others that weren't there Ilisted

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No don't do that, if you don't move he can't see you. Trust me I studied bones...

Never run from a dog. You'll only die licked.

I see what you did there

You did it emenmnmbkb

Oh no, Orphane had a stroke while typing.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    jesus no wonder they evacuated all the buildings around this

bloodyroarxx on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    that's actually me, if anyone wants to follow

i'll edit it out in the next while cus i don't really want personal details public

@firewaterword mind editing out the link that has my full name in it? :P

oh yeah for sure didn't even notice what I was quoting sorry fam.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    oh derp it was actually @zepherin

sorry for the batsignal fww :P

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Shivahn is totally weird but in the cutest way

fuck gendered marketing
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    We're all weird here

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, the panel proposal I put together for the Japanese Studies Association of Australia conference has been accepted

I guess I'm heading to another conference this year!

oh derp it was actually zepherin

no stress!

also dang that prey intro looks like my jam. looks like they got some rpg in my alien murder. cool cool cool.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    oh derp it was actually zepherin

I can do that.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I decided to rejoin Twitter and have followed a bunch of you idiots.

vRyue2p.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the panel proposal I put together for the Japanese Studies Association of Australia conference has been accepted

Wait are you actually a professor of anime?

cb if you can define a quantitative or objective measure of "actually weird" I will answer your question

Elldren's basically right though

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

haha you talk like you're heartbroken over getting rejected by google and the internship hunt is brutal and you can't write perfectly optimal code- you mean you haven't even learned about objects?

*turns around*

*looks horrified*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

Masters in Magical Girl and PHD of that ninja stuff.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Doctoral candidate of anime actually

fuck gendered marketing
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    We're all weird here

How dare you, sir. How dare you.

assuming an absence of catastrophic events that delay my progress, I should be submitting my doctoral thesis on narrative and media mix practices in Japanese anime franchising by the end of this year

at which point I will insist on being referred to as professor, yes

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

it turns out all those crazy [chat] jokes aren't jokes. I really have pink hair, spool really is a republican, the wage system really should be abolished

wandering on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

assuming an absence of catastrophic events that delay my progress, I should be submitting my doctoral thesis on narrative and media mix practices in Japanese anime franchising by the end of this year

Not "Doctor"?

vRyue2p.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    XCOM2 Long War 2 was disappointing

It was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too grindy

I mean, it's Long War, it's designed to drag the campaign out, but it was just like, the same shit over and over and over and over again

By which I mean, someone calls you "Doctor" Simon Wolf, with air quotes.

vRyue2p.png

*turns around*

*looks horrified*

i am legit concerned, i wasn't trying to make fun of you lel

it's just, you seem to express the self-doubt and industry fear of someone who's finishing their degree and now has to demonstrate their mastery of a huge domain

but you're just now getting to like, mid 100 level knowledge so it's like

i want to give you some muscle relaxants, pls don't get an ulcer my friend

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

Not "Doctor"?

He's anime, not a timelord

Gross, don't lump me in with those Dr Who nerds

Um, if I was making a Doctor Who reference, I'd have said "The Doctor" you fucking scrubs.

vRyue2p.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Bostonians please recommend venues

Call the place mazzy linked, its legit.

It's $$$$, as much as Marliave

Yes but its walkable from the con itself. And a much better space.

Prices be goin up :( South was over a hundo with drinks and tax/tip.

cant we just smuggle in some drinks?

i heard there are bras that u can put beer in to sneak in with, i'm sure ludious would be willing to help you guys out

MEMBERS OF THE JURY

YOU DECIDE

Overreaction.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

Uhh who else

kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long

It is both a bit and an actual thing; the weirdness is self-aware and well-crafted but also is not an inaccurate reflection of reality.

Or at least that's my read :P

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    credeiki wrote: »

Uhh who else

It is both a bit and an actual thing; the weirdness is self-aware and well-crafted but also is not an inaccurate reflection of reality.

Or at least that's my read :P

yes, let's get some Baudrillard in here

chat is the desert of the real itself

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    XCOM2 Long War 2 was disappointing

It was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too grindy

I mean, it's Long War, it's designed to drag the campaign out, but it was just like, the same shit over and over and over and over again

Yup, which is why I don't Long War.

I like a lot of the ideas though, and might be in for a Long War-lite. Middling War?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    then again i'm sort of a dropout so maybe don't take my advice on how to tackle a degree

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

*turns around*

*looks horrified*

i am legit concerned, i wasn't trying to make fun of you lel

it's just, you seem to express the self-doubt and industry fear of someone who's finishing their degree and now has to demonstrate their mastery of a huge domain

but you're just now getting to like, mid 100 level knowledge so it's like

i want to give you some muscle relaxants, pls don't get an ulcer my friend

I think I'm gonna have to answer this when I have the time to explain myself a little.

But I'm not saying that your concerns aren't valid. :razz:

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I want to find the originator of "TAKE ALL YOUR GENERAL ED CLASSES FIRST THEN TAKE YOUR DEGREE CLASSES" and slap them with a whale.

H1B3eeQl.jpg

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

How sugoi was your panel proposal

This discussion has been closed.