Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cat [chat]

15556586061100

Posts

  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Oh hey, the panel proposal I put together for the Japanese Studies Association of Australia conference has been accepted

    I guess I'm heading to another conference this year!

    How sugoi was your panel proposal

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Gross, don't lump me in with those Dr Who nerds
    I dunno have you seen the Doctor's thesis on non-linear narratives in anime

    atcwebmqawjl.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

    You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

    Uhh who else

    kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long
    I would ask but whenever I ask chat something people just tell me to google it

    It is both a bit and an actual thing; the weirdness is self-aware and well-crafted but also is not an inaccurate reflection of reality.

    Or at least that's my read :P

    This is the kindest thing you've ever said to me :P

    credeikiElldren
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

    I'm on one of the river islands south of that

    That building you saw says I own it as a glitch

    It's override's

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Hrm. My backup battery/charger for my cellphones is dead. And I am trying to talk myself out of buying a 30000mAh battery.

  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Kobold, if it makes you feel any better, I was feeling overwhelmed by and despairing at my lack of ability right up until I got my CS degree and then also past that point up to the current time.

    hth

    icon.png facebookIcon.png tumblrIcon.png
    is this how nations are born
    wandering
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    Doctor who isn't even a database

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Spider-Man died for our sins.
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Kobold, if it makes you feel any better, I was feeling overwhelmed by and despairing at my lack of ability right up until I got my CS degree and then also past that point up to the current time.

    hth

    Is there anybody that doesn't feel like an impostor forever?

    zepherinFroThulhu
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    you guys are overintellectualizing the question

    shivahn is a total weirdo

    wanderingShivahnCouscousHappylilElfElldrencB557jungleroomxjakobagger
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    tumblr_okgbj7U5t11ufsksxo4_400.jpg

    zepherinwanderingJacobkoshElldrenKid PresentablekedinikApothe0sis
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    you guys are overintellectualizing the question

    shivahn is a total weirdo

    HEY

    QUIET YOU

    jungleroomxPowerpuppies
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

    you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

    Organichu on
    ShivahnEddyjungleroomxElldrenjakobagger
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    It's not inaccurate to say that I do not attempt to present a persona, here, such that in person I am similar (Cleric has said I am "more silly," actually), but the particular kinds of weirdness that come our are mirrored reflections of y'all and my joke impulses are only made flesh by the starting off points that chat presents.

    Which is to say it is you who are weird.

    credeikijungleroomxElldrenFroThulhuknitdan
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

    I'm on one of the river islands south of that

    That building you saw says I own it as a glitch

    It's override's
    now i'm real confused because i am not near any river islands

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

    you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

    I'd argue that all presentations of our personality are performative, or at the very least, reactionary.

    credeikiSurfpossumCouscousSummaryJudgmentskippydumptruckjakobagger
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

    you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

    I'd argue that all presentations of our personality are performative, or at the very least, reactionary.

    *idly strokes lower lip*

    mmm

    quite

    i'm open to this line of argument

    ShivahnCouscousFroThulhu
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Wait I don't think shiv is weird at all!

    sig.gif
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

    I'm on one of the river islands south of that

    That building you saw says I own it as a glitch

    It's override's
    now i'm real confused because i am not near any river islands

    sorry, i mean

    the building you are near is not really mine

    it doesn't really matter either way, but for some reason override's building says I own it

    we dunno why

    I am in the bro zone along the absolute southern edge of the map, in the large part of the river

    there are other houses down there too

    Elldren
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

    you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

    I'd argue that all presentations of our personality are performative, or at the very least, reactionary.

    oh yeah then where's my oscar for this masterpiece performance

    Shivahnwanderingjungleroomxsurrealitycheck
  • AtomikaAtomika Brought to you by Technicolor™ Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Atomika wrote: »
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

    They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

    I imagine this correlates strongly with transphobia

    this is the root of a lot of the "m4m, no homo" stuff


    picard.jpg

    Atomika on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Wait I don't think shiv is weird at all!

    You're not foolin' anyone!

  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Now that we're all unmasked and sexually vulnerable,

    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Shivahnwanderingsurrealitycheckjakobagger
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Now that we're all unmasked and sexually vulnerable,
    We are all prisoners of our own butts.

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Nah, Shiv is weird. But weird ain't bad.

    03x29di.png
    jungleroomxShivahn
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular
    Shiv is one of our resident evil scientists.

    We are richer for it.

    Make. Time.
    Shivahn
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Wait I don't think shiv is weird at all!

    You're not foolin' anyone!

    You're downright boring!

    sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    but some people have things, right

    i am a natural sad sacker, hungry person, high class aspirant

    you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

    desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

    so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

    are they the boring, dead eyed weirdos

    or we the self indulgent performers

    hmmm

    Evil Multifarious
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    but some people have things, right

    i am a natural sad sacker, hungry person, high class aspirant

    you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

    desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

    so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

    are they the boring, dead eyed weirdos

    or we the self indulgent performers

    hmmm

    The answer is yes.

    Make. Time.
    credeikiFroThulhujakobagger
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular
    The pink cow is lurking.

    I see you.

    Make. Time.
    wandering
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    but some people have things, right

    i am a natural sad sacker, hungry person, high class aspirant

    you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

    desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

    so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

    are they the boring, dead eyed weirdos

    or we the self indulgent performers

    hmmm

    We are the reoccurring extras of [chat]. Like the guy who runs the Klingon restaurant in DS9. Completely forgettable but part of the constant background.

    03x29di.png
    Hahnsoo1
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    is any of this even meaningful etc

  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    boy, i'll give you something to accurately summarize me about

    Kid PresentableEvil Multifariousskippydumptruck
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Oh my god this is great


    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    jungleroomxHappylilElf
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    but some people have things, right

    i am a natural sad sacker, hungry person, high class aspirant

    you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

    desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

    so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

    are they the boring, dead eyed weirdos

    or we the self indulgent performers

    hmmm

    ok first of all that was a second date and second of all it was hyena clitorises

    Third of all good point that is an example of how I am in real life

    (first date I did talk about getting freedom groped at the airport though)

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    The pink cow is lurking.

    I see you.
    rZ0FQSx.jpg?1

    atcwebmqawjl.png
    jungleroomxCouscoussurrealitycheckjakobagger
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

    They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

    I imagine this correlates strongly with transphobia

    this is the root of a lot of the "m4m, no homo" stuff


    picard.jpg

    dont look at me I just know stuff

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

    I'm on one of the river islands south of that

    That building you saw says I own it as a glitch

    It's override's
    now i'm real confused because i am not near any river islands

    sorry, i mean

    the building you are near is not really mine

    it doesn't really matter either way, but for some reason override's building says I own it

    we dunno why

    I am in the bro zone along the absolute southern edge of the map, in the large part of the river

    there are other houses down there too

    Last I was on I was at the far end of the river in the west. I dunno if anyone has built up any further along though

    fuck gendered marketing
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is any of this even meaningful etc

    Probably not. Constantly doing meaningful shit is tiring and leaves no time for vidja.

    Make. Time.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    The morbidness is an outgrowth of the extreme discomfort I feel with what I do day to day, incidentally.

    That's not... me, that's me grappling with horrible paralyzing guilt.

  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    It's not inaccurate to say that I do not attempt to present a persona, here, such that in person I am similar (Cleric has said I am "more silly," actually), but the particular kinds of weirdness that come our are mirrored reflections of y'all and my joke impulses are only made flesh by the starting off points that chat presents.

    Which is to say it is you who are weird.

    It is we who are the reflections, and you who is real?

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Shivahn
This discussion has been closed.