As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Okay, so @Organichu

1) I've already had the equivalent of this 102 class in Java — that's why I'm looking forward (or, well, 'looking forward,' quote-unquote) to objects because I've already know how powerful they are. I've even used objects in a program for this class before for a particularly complicated project.

2) The reason I'm taking this 102 class is because this program teaches Data Structures in C++ and my advisor won't let me take Data Structures unless I have 101 and 102 of C++. He's willing to let me go on to Object-Oriented Programming because I've had a year of Java.

3) Your concerns are, however, not unfounded. I am a very anxious person who sometimes places too high expectations on myself. (As an aside, I place the blame partially on the fact that I went to a magnet school for part of my High School career where it felt like my classmates had it all figured out more or less and were going to MIT and shit.) I don't necessarily wanna be a Google employee, but I want to end up somewhere that treats its employees well and has a decent paycheck. Part of me is extremely nervous about never getting that job — or ANY job — in the first place 'cause my résumé is actually extremely sparse, aside from good grades, given my reclusive nature. Next time when I see the person who gives me my prescriptions, I'm gonna ask her about anti-anxiety meds.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    credeiki

Shadowrun Returns. I am a pistol toting decker.

Did I screw myself with this pick?
    Pistol Decker is a fine choice, especially for the first game (The deckers in the next two games are good enough on their own, although a PC decker will always be superior). Just make sure you pick up some points in Charisma for getting Etiquette skills, because those unlock a lot of conversation options. This is true for all three games.
    Pistol isn't a bad weapon in shadowrun. Is it the highest output in damage? No. But it does solid damage.

I played as a decker rigger the first game, with pistols, and I did pretty good. Second Time I played I was a troll with a rifle. That was a bit OP. I was a fucken murder machine.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    So apparently there's a really strong push for a manned SLS/Orion mission within Trump's first term. Interesting decision if they move first crewed flight from Apollo 8 rerun to Soyuz 1 rerun.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I'm Spartacus

*hangs kedinik*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    credeiki I'm actually doing nothing tonight, if I streamed some league, would you (anyone else?) want to watch?

I think tonight is instead reserved to play more visual novel

Even high-quality support play cannot compare to a well-designed story of social manipulation and lesbian sex.

I feel conflicted about this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladykiller_in_a_Bind highly recommended based on an initial hour or so of gameplay :D

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I'm Spartacus

Hi Spartacus

I'm Dad

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    that Little Bighorn segment strikes me as

dicey

basically painting the Lakota as scary savages, not even naming Crazy Horse or naming the tribe, not mentioning that Custer and his men were the aggressors and that they were there to steal Lakota land, implicitly comparing the Lakota fighters to Ted Bundy, etc

*wrings hands liberalishly*

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I'm 93% performative bit by volume.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    credeiki I'm actually doing nothing tonight, if I streamed some league, would you (anyone else?) want to watch?

I think tonight is instead reserved to play more visual novel

Even high-quality support play cannot compare to a well-designed story of social manipulation and lesbian sex.

I feel conflicted about this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladykiller_in_a_Bind highly recommended based on an initial hour or so of gameplay :D

Not my cup of tea, oh well. @ me at som epoint if you wanna watch. Otherwise, I may end up playing Exist-Archive, or just watching speedgaming on twitch.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    just brought my gf black bean burgers with tahini garlic sauce, asparagus, and sweet potato fries, as she is working on a grant that's due tomorrow

i am the best boyfriend, excluding the part where i described my peeling feet to her as she ate

• Options
    Today I played and completed two more games on my February Squad Goals curated backlog list - A Bird Story, a short little barely-interactive novella about a boy and his injured bird friend, very touching, and Pony Island, a game where you play a Pony on an Island and nothing else weird is going on there at all nope.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    just brought my gf black bean burgers with tahini garlic sauce, asparagus, and sweet potato fries, as she is working on a grant that's due tomorrow

i am the best boyfriend, excluding the part where i described my peeling feet to her as she ate

i see no inconsistency

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    This just came up on the radio, whoof that's been a while.

https://youtu.be/IwOPi8uyI2M

• Options
    Ha, apparently I started a game of Shadowrun Returns in September 2014 and picked the exact same character portrait that I just used for my Dragonfall playthrough this week. Guess I have a type.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    this scalping apologia..

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    GOOD EVENING.

i'm happy about my new avatar.

I will change it next week, worry not.

• Options
    I think it would feel too narratively incongruous to "remake" the character I used in Dragonfall though, even though I enjoyed the Pistol/Decker combo. Think I need to mix things up.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i see no inconsistency

when i offered to show her right there in the office, she very diplomatically replied, "maybe later, at home, you can take your socks off?"

i reluctantly agreed

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Just a warning you will notice that Dragonfall had much more fleshed out systems for combat than Returns. Returns is okay but compared to Dragonfall or Hong Kong it feels very much like something that was more of a proof of concept.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I got a pretty decent way through Shadowrun Returns but for reasons I can't remember stopped playing it.

The sequels are supposed to be much better right?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Rifle/decker/face is pretty much what I've run in every Shadowrun game and I have zero regrets

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I always choose the blonde elf girl with a flower tattoo in the Shadowrun games and name her Edelweiss

In my headcanon it's the same person in each game, but like a Dollhouse version of Johnny Mnemonic her mind is wiped

alternatively she's a replicant with multiple models out there

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I got all the specs on my tower of Hanoi game to pass but idk how to actually run it yet

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    hah somehow I didn't notice this is cat chat

I will inflict images on you all

Here he is in the last decade, in the days of the ancients when Obama ruled the land, putting his stationary nature to use
    EohHrio.png

Here he is unhappily wearing a sweater
    4v788rD.png

Here he is with his girlfriend
    HDV6VRx.jpg

Here he is after he got full of burs and knots and had to lose most of his hair (I accidentally cut his arm :( )
    4eJRn7O.jpg

RIP Ivan 2007-2017

bonus! dogs I know
    my mom's dog! her coworker paid her to dogsit and then left to europe and never came back so it's hers now

ceq489K.png

friend's dag
    pavOg3T.jpg

brother's doge
    Y9tdxGs.jpg

override367 on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ugh, my PC is borked. No new updates or hardware changes, but all of a sudden it's slow as all heck and Overwatch is saying my GPU isn't up to it - it is. So I guess my GPU has melted or something. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I got all the specs on my tower of Hanoi game to pass but idk how to actually run it yet

Holy shit you work for Bioware now?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    wandering saw this on twooter and thought of you: a collection of post-yaoi comics by a large collection of artists is on sale for Valentimes for only five dollarydoos

https://purityanthology.itch.io/purity-the-post-yaoi-anthology-pdf

perhaps you can get some gaze on (or some glaze on???)
    Oh hey I purchased this!

@simonwolf

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Holy shit you work for Bioware now?

This one honestly doesn't remember that part of the game it was a while ago for this one

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Organichu wrote: »
    this scalping apologia..
    well at the end of the day all violence is immoral and pacifism is the only moral course but

wandering on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i love these stuffed chicken breasts but holy fuck they take forever to cook.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    In the Andromeda Galaxy, that puzzle is called the Tower of Axanzia Prime. Please look forward to this exciting new adventure.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    There's some stilton I really want to eat but there's no crackers left

I shall have to eat something else, but I shan't be satisfied.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm on a quasi-date with a friend and I'm not sure if I should just go for it or not. I'm fucking flummoxed.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm on a quasi-date with a friend and I'm not sure if I should just go for it or not. I'm fucking flummoxed.

What does a quasi-date entail, exactly

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I always choose the blonde elf girl with a flower tattoo in the Shadowrun games and name her Edelweiss

In my headcanon it's the same person in each game, but like a Dollhouse version of Johnny Mnemonic her mind is wiped

alternatively she's a replicant with multiple models out there

That's very good. I love going into a game with some sort of a concept like this in my head, but when I just played Dragonfall I didn't know nearly enough about the world to have any idea where I wanted to fit in with it. I feel like I figured it out as I went along and now maybe I can actually put some forethought into it now in these other two Shadowrun games.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    regrets.png

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    hah somehow I didn't notice this is cat chat

I will inflict images on you all

Here he is in the last decade, in the days of the ancients when Obama ruled the land, putting his stationary nature to use
    EohHrio.png

Here he is unhappily wearing a sweater
    4v788rD.png

Here he is with his girlfriend
    HDV6VRx.jpg

Here he is after he got full of burs and knots and had to lose most of his hair (I accidentally cut his arm :( )
    4eJRn7O.jpg

RIP Ivan 2007-2017

bonus! dogs I know
    my mom's dog! her coworker paid her to dogsit and then left to europe and never came back so it's hers now

ceq489K.png

friend's dag
    pavOg3T.jpg

brother's doge
    Y9tdxGs.jpg

He's a good cat, override.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ME3's biggest flaw was no tower of hanoi. If instead of picking a colour you moved the tower to a different spot for each ending it would have been much more popular.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I feel like I am pretty similar online and irl idk

I think I am angrier in real life

yes I do not think I have a schtick online except insofar as my personality is a schtick in general

This discussion has been closed.