As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Feathers and badges are used to raise a character's * level. Realistically you will only ever raise 3* to 4*, because I believe going from 4->5 is super-duper expensive.

The shards and crystals are used to grant EXP to characters outside of battle. So if you want to insert that dope 5* Takumi you just got into your A-team without grinding the tower maps you can just do it in the menu.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Robonun wrote: »
    Is there a Help function in this game? Because I'm collecting all these spiff feathers and crystals and badges and whatnot, and the game has yet to explain why I should give a wet slap with a beach towel about them.

every screen has a little question mark in the upper right that explains stuff (it also pops up when you visit any screen for the first time)

Badges and feathers are for upgrading star level

Crystals are for pumping exp directly into a character without dragging them through maps, I think crystals only work up to level 20

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Robonun wrote: »
    Is there a Help function in this game? Because I'm collecting all these spiff feathers and crystals and badges and whatnot, and the game has yet to explain why I should give a wet slap with a beach towel about them.

every screen has a little question mark in the upper that explains stuff (it also pops up when you visit any screen for the first time)

Badges and feathers are for upgrading star level

Crystals are for pumping exp directly into a character without dragging them through maps, I think crystals only work up to level 20

Shards work from 1-19, full crystals work from 20-40. The rest is correct.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I dislike the individual badges for each color. I want to up my healer from 3->4* but I've got 4 badges and it wants 20. I can't even get them right now because it's just handing out azure?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I dislike the individual badges for each color. I want to up my healer from 3->4* but I've got 4 badges and it wants 20. I can't even get them right now because it's just handing out azure?

Yeah, I need 3 verdant badges to make my Gunter 4*, but I can't friggin get them because it's Wednesday or whatever. I'm surprised they don't have that stuff for sale in the shop.

• Options
    Oh okay cool, I haven't actually used crystals to level up since grinding up low level characters is the best way to chew up time without blowing through orbs

I also have yet to get a single great badge which is what you need to go from 4 to 5 (along with 20k feathers)

The tip thing says you can get them from the 6th stratum or higher but I'm pretty sure I did the 6th a couple times and got only normal badges

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    The shards and crystals are used to grant EXP to characters outside of battle. So if you want to insert that dope 5* Takumi you just got into your A-team without grinding the tower maps you can just do it in the menu.

From your mouth to RNGesus's ear.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Oh okay cool, I haven't actually used crystals to level up since grinding up low level characters is the best way to chew up time without blowing through orbs

I also have yet to get a single great badge which is what you need to go from 4 to 5 (along with 20k feathers)

The tip thing says you can get them from the 6th stratum or higher but I'm pretty sure I did the 6th a couple times and got only normal badges

You do not always get the great badges. It's quite bizarre. Even winning the tenth stratum without losing a single unit it will still sometimes spit out normal badges instead of the better ones.

To the best of my knowledge the tower runs on a rotation:
    Red badges -> Blue -> Green -> Colorless -> Random x3 (Random means it can be any color badge when you win, it just picks 1).

Today, the 15th, is blue. So if you want to upgrade say, a 4 star green, you'll want to farm badges tomorrow the 16th.
    I feel like the higher stratums do have a better chance at the great badges, I farmed 20+ of every color in prep for 20k feathers, and I felt like i was getting the best results from the highest stratum, as opposed to just the sixth. But that could be confirmation bias.

• Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

You do not always get the great badges. It's quite bizarre. Even winning the tenth stratum without losing a single unit it will still sometimes spit out normal badges instead of the better ones.

Red badges -> Blue -> Green -> Colorless -> Random x3 (Random means it can be any color badge when you win, it just picks 1).

Today, the 15th, is blue. So if you want to upgrade say, a 4 star green, you'll want to farm badges tomorrow the 16th.
    I feel like the higher stratums do have a better chance at the great badges, I farmed 20+ of every color in prep for 20k feathers, and I felt like i was getting the best results from the highest stratum, as opposed to just the sixth. But that could be confirmation bias.

I found this: https://rankedboost.com/fire-emblem-heroes/training-tower/

And where were the 20k feathers from?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I found this: https://rankedboost.com/fire-emblem-heroes/training-tower/

And where were the 20k feathers from?

The feathers are from a combination of quests and the free 10k feathers they gave everyone.
    I'm sitting at like, 18,900ish IIRC. Which means im about 1 quest from getting the 20k. Unfortunately that quest is to win like, 20 more arenas and im very lazy.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    The feather grind is tedious and bad

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    The feather grind isn't so bad if you take it as a long view project but it does feel painfully slow because of the high amounts

Shorter arena seasons would help

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Jealous of the Leo, he seems pretty elusive at the moment. Haven't seen many around!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The feather grind is tedious and bad

I....actually like the feather grind?

Think of it this way. In pretty much no other "gatcha" game can you manually upgrade an anything you have into the highest rarity in the game, and that actually being valuable, in some cases the unit you upgrade being rarer than anything you can get out of gatcha's.

Is it annoying as hell? Well sure, it takes ALOT. But I'm really glad it's an option.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So I opened a 4* Nowi and a 3* Lady Corrin

Can anyone tell me which one has worked out better for them so that I can focus my efforts on that one

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hah, fought someone in the arena with the account name 6 reroll that of course had a 5* Takumi.

Didn't help them win though.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about the feather grind, mainly because 5* units aren't necessary for any current content. You can get 1.5k feathers from arena and ~975 from a 5 pull (assuming you don't dust 5* pulls) a week. You also potentially get 6k a month from arena quests, and up to 2.5k more from ranking.

Also like, lots of 5 star units only exist at that rarity, so the feather grind is incidental wrt them. I dunno, I'm sitting on 21k feathers but I guess I've had pretty good pulls on this account.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    So I opened a 4* Nowi and a 3* Lady Corrin

Can anyone tell me which one has worked out better for them so that I can focus my efforts on that one

I don't have any experience with Nowi but lady Corrin has been a super reliable member of my team so far.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nowi is tied for second best dragon with far, behind baby tiki and ahead of Adult Tiki

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Anna saying that the world containing some Sacred Stones and Genealogy of Holy War was weird and one of the brothers being angry about all the talk of incest was something I did not expect Nintendo to do.
    It kind of makes me wish Anna would have funny things to say about the other FE games, even if it's just related to reputation things the game has developed, and not just with worlds that have themed characters lumped together.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about the feather grind, mainly because 5* units aren't necessary for any current content. You can get 1.5k feathers from arena and ~975 from a 5 pull (assuming you don't dust 5* pulls) a week. You also potentially get 6k a month from arena quests, and up to 2.5k more from ranking.

Also like, lots of 5 star units only exist at that rarity, so the feather grind is incidental wrt them. I dunno, I'm sitting on 21k feathers but I guess I've had pretty good pulls on this account.

I feel like you do need at least 1 5star to properly tackle later end lunatic.
    the last 5 chapters of lunatic in particular are just super stupid. my level 40 5* takumi had like, 4-6 less stats in every single area compared to the cavalier archer in 9-4. Which meant my "best unit evar!" was literally dead in 1 round of combat wherein he wouldnt even do half the HP of the opponent, said opponent also being more mobile with +1 movement, and had better terrain in his advantage.
    And that's not getting into the evils that is 9-5.

You should average about 1 5* per 17 summons you do. I'm pretty sure they expected you to have at least 2 of them before tackling most of lunatic, and approached the difficulty respectively.

• Options
    I feel very lucky then that with 4 pulls I have 3 5* characters. However, it would be nice to get something other than red swords.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    hey, can someone who got one of the twins let me know who the artist for them is?

the coloring makes me think it's Sachiko Wada again, but the faces don't quite look like her work?

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Yeah, my team first time through Lunatic was Sheena, Shanna, Kagero and Raigh; suffice it to say that I stalled fairly hard from 9-2 onwards (and struggled with 8 as well).

Had a lot more luck with pulls my second time through, but now I have 7 Light's Blessings left over and nothing to use them on.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    hey, can someone who got one of the twins let me know who the artist for them is?

the coloring makes me think it's Sachiko Wada again, but the faces don't quite look like her work?

Eirika is Asatani Tomoyo

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, my team first time through Lunatic was Sheena, Shanna, Kagero and Raigh; suffice it to say that I stalled fairly hard from 9-2 onwards (and struggled with 8 as well).

Had a lot more luck with pulls my second time through, but now I have 7 Light's Blessings left over and nothing to use them on.

My biggest gripe with it is that I look at say, 9-5. Like, ok, lets go down the list.

Xander: Counterattacks at any range, automatically doubles you if you attack him while he's at 70%+ life, has over 50 attack, and 42 defense. (he also gets +6 def if he initiates the attack so you dont really want to sit there and let him hit you once then try to counter because youll do even less damage)
    My 4star cordelia, who has been my blue lancer, my anti-red, the weapon triangle adept, brave lance using badass she is, literally cannot kill Xander, the red sword dude.
    Of course, if she was 5star there's a good chance she'd have the damage to do it, due to stronger adept, stronger brave lance, and higher initial strength. Turning the opening play from "Watch xander murder someone" to "Kill Xander before he gets out of control."

Boss mage: Ridiculous stats and green magic tome. I was previously trying to deal with her using palla (Red flier). Palla, another 4star unit, with a ruby sword, essentially couldn't touch boss mage lady, another situation in which id get 1 hit off, fail to kill her or even bring her below half, and then promptly die next turn to a 52+ damage magic hit. Contrast Palla briefly to my new red bro marth.
    Palla 4star, level 40+1 has 37 attack. Marth 5star level 37 has 48 attack. Marth has 3 higher defense, the same res, and 3 less speed (Which may honestly fix itself by the time he hits 40). But the attack difference is the real key there. It's a solid 11 more damage per swing on that boss. Bringing us from "cant really kill ever" to "Give him a few turns and she's dead."

Red sword man: he just has 5* quality stats, he's got like 47 attack and 33 speed, with 30 or so defense. Cordelia can kill him, it's just that she has bigger problems.

Blue mage: 5* quality stats and my only green ive drawn that does anything is gunter and he literally cannot kill even the mages that he's good against so lol@trying that shit. P.S. fuck you gacha system just give me a decent green unit already I hate you

Healer man: essentially deadweight, he rushes out for no reason and dies to literally anybody

It's important to note that using say, Takumi in this situation? He dies if he attacks Xander, while dealing I believe 12 damage? Something hilariously bad. He dies if he attacks the boss mage lady too. My theoretical strongest unit legitimately cannot touch 2 of the enemy units, even with a lack of things like WTA being taken into account. In terms of pure stats he just up and loses, badly.

If my cordelia was 5*, and could take out xander in 1 round, I think I could possibly even win without a light's blessing. Xander and the healer charge out for no reason, kill them both, have someone (takumi) head off the other two units, and then get the surround on the mage boss. At the moment I can get the enemy down to just Xander and mage boss, but all my units are dead at that point, and I haven't felt a strong desire to start popping lights blessings on the off chance that i'll have enough to kill xander then also surround.

EDIT: also i literally cannot draw a decent mage unit to save my fucking life. Im fairly confident a 5* robin would literally eat xanders heart, and what's her name (linde?) is apparently the glassiest of red mage cannons, perfect for handling bossmage.

Zenyatoo on
  • Options
    I think the difference is that a 4* team needs to be made up of the very best units, while a 5* team can brute force it. Xander can be stopped by Catria, Effie, Robin, Nowi and Corrin and Abel in the 4* bracket. Veronica can be bested by Marth, Roy, Kagero, Tiki, Cain, Felicia or Camilla. Even Alfonse does okay!

(Linde is a blue mage so she's actually weak to Veronica, but she's got enough res, attack and speed that she can trade blows surprisingly well. Perfect example of brute-forcing it with a 5* unit.)

ladi.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    well, i guess i got a few more 4s outta these four pulls on the new focus

palla's good, and i have a 4 healer now

this is...fine...

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I pulled the 5* green mage outta the new batch, which will is great because I had a 4* raven and basically no other greens

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I think the difference is that a 4* team needs to be made up of the very best units, while a 5* team can brute force it. Xander can be stopped by Catria, Effie, Robin, Nowi and Corrin and Abel in the 4* bracket. Veronica can be bested by Marth, Roy, Kagero, Tiki, Cain, Felicia or Camilla. Even Alfonse does okay!

(Linde is a blue mage so she's actually weak to Veronica, but she's got enough res, attack and speed that she can trade blows surprisingly well. Perfect example of brute-forcing it with a 5* unit.)

Yeah, I was actually leveling my 4star nowi and felicia up specifically in the hopes of using them on 9-5. They both just crested level 32, so getting there, slowly. Nowi in particular is a very stellar addition to my current comp, but she makes me wish I had Camilla as a gunter replacement. Or like, any good green damage physical.

• Options

EDIT: also i literally cannot draw a decent mage unit to save my fucking life. Im fairly confident a 5* robin would literally eat xanders heart, and what's her name (linde?) is apparently the glassiest of red mage cannons, perfect for handling bossmage.

Linde is literally the best unit that I have. She is the only reason I never attempted rerolling

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    in other news I boosted nowi to level 20 and she still feels shitty compared to my four star Donnel

not sure if that's due to the fact that she doesn't have any SP to buy her skills with or if she just genetically sucks but it seems like literally every unit that attacks her gets a x2 attack

also I finally started unlocking the higher tier skills for my 4* Roy and he is finally able to one hit kill dudes. I still kinda miss Stahl's defences and swap ability but maybe Royboy will get better once I boost him to 5*?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    *5 Roy is basically built to bait attacks from Blue units to set them up to die next turn

• Options
    5* Roy and Marth carry my team. My 4* Hawkeye just dies if someone looks at him weird. Though even Roy and Marth will die to some blue units that have crazy attack power.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Hm, I have a +atk/-def Effie, if I promoted her and took her to 40 she'd have 58 attack... Running both Linde and Julia does feel a little redundant...

ladi.png
  • Options
    I'm strongly considering promoting my -Spd/+Res Effie

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering promoting my -Spd/+Res Effie

-spd +anything effie is god tier because wary fighter.

Effie in general is just great forever and always.

• Options
    Just leveling her up it's hilarious how far above her weight class she can punch.

Just easily taking three enemies all five levels higher than her no problem.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Maddoc wrote: »
    *5 Roy is basically built to bait attacks from Blue units to set them up to die next turn

And erase green units outright.

I now have a 5* for each color but grey. Camilla, Roy, and Abel.

Camilla and Abel in back to back pulls on the new banner was glorious. And they both brutally crush through anything on offense.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Wait, what's this -spd/+res stuff??? Do characters have natures like Pokemon?

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.