As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Here, have some codes for games I already had. Chances are that a bunch of these are the same as the ones Thetheroo posted.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
    Loading...?

I grabbed this, I hope that's okay. Thanks! I have wanted to play this game for a long time.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh dang that poe news is cool, I haven't played in years but D3 is in a dry spell right now and PoE did have some really neat ideas

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I think one of the trophy paths in Arkham Knight is broken. Damnit.

edit: Nope. They just give you about a second and a half to do whatever outside of the Bat-Tank before the path disappears and you have to restart.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Quid deserves public praise, and I guess here is a good place as any?
    He got me Astroneer, which was super cool of him!

PSN: jfrofl
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Quick Witness question: is there a "tutorial" setup for every kind of puzzle? Because I came across a few with symbols/mechanics I don't recognize, and they are too advanced to be introductory in nature. I'd just like to know if I should keep moving or bang my head against it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Quick Witness question: is there a "tutorial" setup for every kind of puzzle? Because I came across a few with symbols/mechanics I don't recognize, and they are too advanced to be introductory in nature. I'd just like to know if I should keep moving or bang my head against it

Each area of the island is devoted to one or two specific mechanics, and the City area (where you probably are at) combines them all.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That's what I thought, yeah. Ok, I'll keep roaming

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    And some of the more advanced mechanics are frontloaded, I think to introduce the concept of "hey, you may just not be equipped to handle this yet".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Origin Access has a new free 7-day trial. You have to start before March 7. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access
    You have full uh, access, to Origin Access during the trial. They also added a new $30 yearly subscription, similar to EA Access on Xbone. You can also sub for $5 a month, both subs get the same features/games.

Of course, the trial offer ends two days before (March 14th) a 10-hour trial of Mass Effect Andromeda is added to Origin Access (March 16th) :(

Crippl3 on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    whoa hold up does steam know about this?

Tilp1CO.jpg

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whens the steam 애니메이션 sale

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Anime is blood.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Humble Freedom Bundle is apparently adding new games within the next hour.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Whens the steam 애니메이션 sale

Now now

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Humble Freedom Bundle is apparently adding new games within the next hour.

The site has said that for like the past three+ hours, lol. I keep refreshing but nothing is showing up yet.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    They seem to be live now. I'd post what they are but I'm on my phone. Some highlights though are Chroma squad and grav and Guns of Icarus

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    They seem to be live now. I'd post what they are but I'm on my phone. Some highlights though are Chroma squad and grav and Guns of Icarus
    Here's the new stuff:
    bNiegtI.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Beat Hazard Ultra is pretty cool as well.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Outside of Chroma Squad and maybe the Ben Prunty album the new stuff doesn't do anything for me personally. I already have Beat Hazard as well.
    Ah well, it's not like it made the bundle worse, still a great deal. Also, everything has been restocked except Subnautica and Super Meat Boy.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Turns out that I already had some of this new stuff, whoops!

Guns of Icarus Online
    Loading...?

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
    Loading...?

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Rocketbirds

Loading...?

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Beat Hazard

Loading...?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    read only memories is sloooooow

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Gonna try putting these in here as no one in G&T seemed to want them.

AI War: Fleet Command
    Loading...?

X-COM: Ufo Defense
    Loading...?

Guns of Icarus Online
    Loading...?

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
    Loading...?

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Guns of Icarus is a legit neat MP game that's probably dead now.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

It's fun if you can grab a bunch of friends who have never played before and dick around in airships. It looks rather pretty despite some jank in the system

VRXwDW7.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

It could get a boost in population currently from the 100k+ bundle copies of it going out ( and counting!, the Freedom bundle almost to 4.5 million)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Stardew Valley:
    Loading...?

No Time to Explain:
    Loading...?

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Loading...?

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    okay, I'm getting motion sickness in a game for the first time in... well, frik, a while

I can't tell if it's because I'm getting older, or if something is funky with the game's graphics

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Dubh wrote: »
    okay, I'm getting motion sickness in a game for the first time in... well, frik, a while

I can't tell if it's because I'm getting older, or if something is funky with the game's graphics

Could be motion blur, FOV, weird framerate, or any number of other weird little things. Or your eyes could be failing a bit, I guess - know I can't stand playing games without my glasses on these days, and I'm in my early twenties!

Which game is it, for reference?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Arkham Knight
    Knightfall Protocol was... underwhelming.

sig.gif
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    whoa hold up does steam know about this?

Tilp1CO.jpg
    scariest-movie-title.jpg

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I had some fun with Dangerous High School Girls, though I haven't finished it.

It's a turnbased high school mystery rpg based on social skills... you make sassy attacks

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Daaaaang Subnautica is GREAT

Like the exact level of fun poking around and exploration I want with the lightest dusting of needing to eat and drink.

Being set in the ocean on an alien world makes so much sense so quickly. Is it weird that you can just pick up metals from little limestone deposits? Who knows! No one knows how the ocean works!

Why's the day/night cycle so short? It's an alien planet!

The way you can just at a minimum survive with little to no difficulty is wonderful, because it means that the actual gameplay is constructing things or exploring actual built by hand areas with little secrets and cool bits. There's no accidentally killing yourself because you can pretty much just grab food and water out of the environment in whole form.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
This discussion has been closed.