As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    What is up some or all of you?

I'm in that hazy zone between, "I wanna go back to sleep," "I need to go to school today," and "well, technically, my alarm isn't set to go off until 9:00…"

But it's 09:15!
    You're late for school!
    And there's a test!
    Which you didn't study for!
    AND YOU'RE NAKED!

sig.gif
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    looking at houses on the internet is trying

why do houses still have baseboard heating, this is the 21st century

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Google have apparently opensourced a big chunk of their internal build system: https://bazel.build

What's cool is I was searching for things which implemented some ideas I've had for work, and that kicked back to me as pretty much all my ideas but with tons of authority backing them.

I may be sexually excited from this development.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'm in that hazy zone between, "I wanna go back to sleep," "I need to go to school today," and "well, technically, my alarm isn't set to go off until 9:00…"

Get a boyfriend so you can have more options and just lie there for an hour with choice paralysis

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    and SIG is on the board

Hello yes what can I do you for

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I had some heartburn last night and ended up being awake till damn near 1:00 but for some reason I'm pretty up and alert this morning, and not in a bad mood either, which is nice.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Give

Give it

It's more of an FTL-ish roguelike (pretty much the same "move forward to systems" map as in FTL), but I like it a lot.

Give now

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've literally never seen any Doctor Who

that David Tenant gif is as close as I've ever come

I saw the first episode of nuWho with Eccleston. When a garbage bin ate a guy I decided maybe it wasn't for me.

It is a family show! It chops and changes between family-friendly knockabout funtimes running away from monsters, scary stuff and actually pretty impressive takes on SF ideas, often within the same episode.

That burping plastic garbage bin put off more than a few people.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I had some heartburn last night and ended up being awake till damn near 1:00 but for some reason I'm pretty up and alert this morning, and not in a bad mood either, which is nice.

maybe the acid burned away all your thetans

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    and SIG is on the board

Hello yes what can I do you for

I was going to make this joke:
    sandwich.png

But then sexism and context and I was SUDDENLY VERY UNCOMFORTABLE

DOWN WITH THE PATRIARCHY

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Also last night I woke up with a really bad itch in my nose and I was like

Is this what it has come to

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    good mor
    That's the paradigm in Chrome though. Middle-click = open in new tab without focusing it. I prefer it that way when reading a page and opening lots of new tabs to read after I'm done with that tab.

OH MY GOD

echo you are a wizard

Welcome to your new tab-filled life

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hello again [chat] <3

Nargirl's dad doesn't know how to handle me.

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

its all downhill from here

you're what like 18 or something? that's old age for a Kobold

Probably the tiny spider that nests up there getting restless.

i feel like i should give doctor who another chance

there has to be a reason nerds who like a lot of the things i like like it

but like

i didn't like it

i gave it like four or five episodes of that eccelston series

SIG I think Shivahn wants a sandwich and could you just make her one? I think it would really help her existential dilemma.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am at a training for R. But this opening stuff is intro to R and considering the 3 multifunction programs I have written for work I am kind of zoning for this.

u7stthr17eud.png
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.

People should get over their daughters fucking. I have no ulterior motives.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am at a training for R. But this opening stuff is intro to R and considering the 3 multifunction programs I have written for work I am kind of zoning for this.

Mazz I can just show you how to be a Republican. Like you don't need training. I got you boo.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I watched a few episodes of nuWho and I liked them well enough.

But I've heard that the current showrunner's pretty bad and the next one they've lined up is probs gonna be worse.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

its all downhill from here

you're what like 18 or something? that's old age for a Kobold

Kobolds reach middle age at 20, old at 30, Venerable at 40, and have a maximum age at 40+1d20 years.

[cite]

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    good morning, those without goo and those who are a bit gooey.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

but like

i didn't like it

There's pretty big differences between the different seasons.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I watched a few episodes of nuWho and I liked them well enough.

But I've heard that the current showrunner's pretty bad and the next one they've lined up is probs gonna be worse.

Next Doctor Who: Boris Johnson

SIG I think Shivahn wants a sandwich and could you just make her one? I think it would really help her existential dilemma.

Yes pls : (

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Oh snap @So It Goes just made her bones. She's a made woman now.

1151on1beytelman2.jpg

Shivahn wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

What are your intentions with Querry's father's daughter, Shivahn?

Coinage wrote: »

but like

i didn't like it

There's pretty big differences between the different seasons.

yeah it seems that way

If everyone in America just made a sandwich for someone else there would be no more gender bias toward sandwich making.

We should have a sandwich day.

Do you like

/looks around

Sardines and clif bars

Hello again [chat] <3

What are your intentions with Querry's father's daughter, Shivahn?

Uhh

To like

Fuck a lot like everywhere and way

I guess eventually get married and shit but that is clearly not relevant

Do you like

/looks around

Sardines and clif bars

My weird love of fish might not be public knowledge, but uh, sardines would be rad.

but like

i didn't like it

It is not for everyone. If you never watched any of the original series there'll be none of the joy of recognition in the details as omg that's a Dalek on the telly for the first time in fifteen years and it's properly shooting the place up. And since you're a big boy now there'll be none of the innocent joy of watching it the same way a kid does.

So you're kind of stuck in an uncomfortable place where some of the more childish elements might put you off, the low budget (or cheesy effects of ten years ago dating badly) might make you wince and the sheer ardour of the fans make you feel like you're that security guard walking past the nerds in their cosplay and furry tails and you don't want none of that.

I dunno what I'd advise a new watcher to do. Just watch the new series when it comes on, I guess. If you like that go back and watch the rest of that Doctor's episodes, then if you like that watch the episodes of the Doctor before him, and so on.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Good friend of mine, husband of my academic rival, but sometimes too much of a reddit politics guy (just rolling eyes at SJWs lol) just posted that he's surprised at this PizzaGate thing and how it might be real

Unsure if he's joking, since he's also an amateur stand-up guy but I really don't want to know

And if it's a joke I don't get it

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    This whole Trump thing has made me want to get into CI but I am non military and too old and too fat. That's a shame. And that's not sad sacking. I'm literally too old. Quantico won't even look at a 34 year old unless they happen to be a super hacker.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @Thomamelas

Google flights since they bought ita matrix search thing

@So It Goes didn't they close? i got a message saying my OnTheFly app is closing down

aRkpc.gif
    Arch wrote: »
    Good friend of mine, husband of my academic rival, but sometimes too much of a reddit politics guy (just rolling eyes at SJWs lol) just posted that he's surprised at this PizzaGate thing and how it might be real

Unsure if he's joking, since he's also an amateur stand-up guy but I really don't want to know

And if it's a joke I don't get it

Danger will Robinson!

bowen wrote: »
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

What's ghostery

This discussion has been closed.