As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

What's ghostery

It's the mostery

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I watched a few episodes of nuWho and I liked them well enough.

But I've heard that the current showrunner's pretty bad and the next one they've lined up is probs gonna be worse.

The current showrunner has his weaknesses, but he's also produced probably the two finest episodes of New Who during his run and a lot of excellent episodes in between. His fair share of dodgy ones as well, but that's been true of the show since forever.

I dunno what to expect from Chibnall, the new guy (he starts next season). He's done some very iffy work in the past, including the execrable first season of Torchwood. But he's also the guy behind Broadchurch.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    ronya wrote: »
    Thomamelas

Google flights since they bought ita matrix search thing

"So It Goes" didn't they close? i got a message saying my OnTheFly app is closing down

You can still use it in the browser

But it's been subsumed by Google flight search yes

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i feel like i should give doctor who another chance

there has to be a reason nerds who like a lot of the things i like like it

but like

i didn't like it

i gave it like four or five episodes of that eccelston series

It is not for everyone. If you never watched any of the original series there'll be none of the joy of recognition in the details as omg that's a Dalek on the telly for the first time in fifteen years and it's properly shooting the place up. And since you're a big boy now there'll be none of the innocent joy of watching it the same way a kid does.

So you're kind of stuck in an uncomfortable place where some of the more childish elements might put you off, the low budget (or cheesy effects of ten years ago dating badly) might make you wince and the sheer ardour of the fans make you feel like you're that security guard walking past the nerds in their cosplay and furry tails and you don't want none of that.

I dunno what I'd advise a new watcher to do. Just watch the new series when it comes on, I guess. If you like that go back and watch the rest of that Doctor's episodes, then if you like that watch the episodes of the Doctor before him, and so on.

yeah, cheesy stuff and horribly dated special effects don't bother me

i think i may have suffered from a case of something being overhyped compared to my experience of it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

apparently ghostery, which i haven't ever heard of, has been acquired by cliqz, which sounds like nonsense

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

Nargirl's dad doesn't know how to handle me.

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.
    Doesn't literally saving her life entitle you to see her naked without being hassling?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Good friend of mine, husband of my academic rival, but sometimes too much of a reddit politics guy (just rolling eyes at SJWs lol) just posted that he's surprised at this PizzaGate thing and how it might be real

Unsure if he's joking, since he's also an amateur stand-up guy but I really don't want to know

And if it's a joke I don't get it

Danger will Robinson!

oh shit that's on netflix now isn't it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @ludious I know lots of IT and security is stuff needed at like the MCIOs and FBI and such. Your background would probably fit on the cybersec side of things.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

What's ghostery

Hides you from tracking websites in a different way than adblocking does. Hit some that adblocking doesn't hit.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    AH I don't think this is a course to make me a republican. Its all about working with data not ignoring it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    AH I don't think this is a course to make me a republican. Its all about working with data not ignoring it.

haha oh shit

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Oh noooooo my favorite food place at O'Hare Airport is under construction

tyrannus on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

::bows::

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

the cinnabon?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    my favorite food place at O'Hare Airport

Okay this is officially worse than my dietary habits.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm angry at delta again. They gave me 25k miles as part of the apology for the tarmac bullshit. You can't just use miles to lower a ticket price. You either have to have enough for a whole ticket, a cash+miles ticket (not the same as what I'm talking about), or a seat upgrade.

That is fucking dumb. Chase and JetBlue miles are just like "x miles will pay for $x.xx of the cost. Your balance is $x.xx.

Man fuck delta

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

What happens if I don't have any of those things

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Oh I thought of another one

Luca atomika sleeps with the fishes.

• Options

you get hacked

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I watched a few episodes of nuWho and I liked them well enough.

But I've heard that the current showrunner's pretty bad and the next one they've lined up is probs gonna be worse.

The current showrunner has his weaknesses, but he's also produced probably the two finest episodes of New Who during his run and a lot of excellent episodes in between. His fair share of dodgy ones as well, but that's been true of the show since forever.

I dunno what to expect from Chibnall, the new guy (he starts next season). He's done some very iffy work in the past, including the execrable first season of Torchwood. But he's also the guy behind Broadchurch.

We really need that spin-off Class to stick around, it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-1a-qWUyQ

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I am at a training for R. But this opening stuff is intro to R and considering the 3 multifunction programs I have written for work I am kind of zoning for this.

I might have a lot of Go in my near future.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    delta is pretty garbage

my flights back from mexico not wanting to fly delta was a factor in the flights i chose

sig.gif
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.
    Doesn't literally saving her life entitle you to see her naked without being hassling?

You'd think so, right? :P

But dad's gotta dad, so I don't hold it against him. <3

He's a pretty good guy really, he just feels like he has to protect his girls. His sons are on their own!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

The sushi place? I was surprised at how good it was.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

You don't get to judge me

Also if I go to California and not eat a single avocado I'll be so happy

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I rated Class as 'OK', nothing special. YMMV. It felt very much like a teenage show to me, rather than a family show or one aimed exclusively at adults.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

You'd think so, right? :P

But dad's gotta dad, so I don't hold it against him. <3

He's a pretty good guy really, he just feels like he has to protect his girls. His sons are on their own!

But this is weird and would make me super uncomfortable :P

• Options
    I'm all aboard the Peggy Carter should be the next Doctor train.

I'd start watching Doctor Who again.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    delta is pretty garbage

my flights back from mexico not wanting to fly delta was a factor in the flights i chose
    To me Delta is kind of in the middle of the pack between American and United.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

you get hacked

I am 21stcnetury. listen not to bowen. Listen to he, 21snetury. you will no get hacked. deisable all security.

• Options

You don't get to judge me

Also if I go to California and not eat a single avocado I'll be so happy

That's impossible. They pump it into the air.

I think cars run on avocado there now.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am always a little personally insulted by dads (I guess it's actually just Querry's... in fact my ex's dad was the one telling her mom "no they're gonna fkin sleep together who cares jesus") being weird about this because it's like

come on

if she's gonna be banging anyone I am like the most solid choice, I'm pretty great and not a jerkbag.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I only have uBlock Origin, not any of those other fancy things. I found noscript to be too annoying to use on a daily basis and I haven't had much trouble since ads seem to be the main vector that would get me.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @desc you wanna Vermintide tomorrow maybe 9pm central

@OnTheLastCastle I just preordered ghost recon on a whim so I will probably skip vermintide

Idk if I should go Xbox or PC though

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I only have uBlock Origin, not any of those other fancy things. I found noscript to be too annoying to use on a daily basis and I haven't had much trouble since ads seem to be the main vector that would get me.

same. I tried noscript but I spent too much time configuring it to allow stuff so I just stick with uB:O now as well.

• Options
    I also just use windows defender as my antivirus.

• Options

you get hacked

That sounds bad

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am always a little personally insulted by dads (I guess it's actually just Querry's... in fact my ex's dad was the one telling her mom "no they're gonna fkin sleep together who cares jesus") being weird about this because it's like

come on

if she's gonna be banging anyone I am like the most solid choice, I'm pretty great and not a jerkbag.

Waffles' dad talked to me once in the kitchen

where he proceeded to tell me how much he doesn't like teachers (guess what I do for a living) and then started talking about how all the mexicans are taking all the labor jobs. I just nope'd the hell out of there.

• Options

you get hacked

That sounds bad

::hands Narwhal a dvd copy of Breaking Dawn: Part 1 but inside the case is Hackers::

This discussion has been closed.