As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    yeah, cheesy stuff and horribly dated special effects don't bother me

i think i may have suffered from a case of something being overhyped compared to my experience of it

Just watch the ones people rate as excellent. If you like those maybe watch a whole season. So try, I dunno, Blink, The Eleventh Hour, Vincent and the Doctor, Silence in the Library/The Forest of the Dead and see how those grab you. If you don't like those you probably won't like any of the others.

The two best episodes, Heaven Sent and The Time Of The Doctor, probably require a little more context viewing and are less standalone.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am always a little personally insulted by dads (I guess it's actually just Querry's... in fact my ex's dad was the one telling her mom "no they're gonna fkin sleep together who cares jesus") being weird about this because it's like

come on

if she's gonna be banging anyone I am like the most solid choice, I'm pretty great and not a jerkbag.

Waffles' dad talked to me once in the kitchen

where he proceeded to tell me how much he doesn't like teachers (guess what I do for a living) and then started talking about how all the mexicans are taking all the labor jobs. I just nope'd the hell out of there.

Hahaha ok in retrospect maybe him being weird about us fucking isn't that bad

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I also just use windows defender as my antivirus.

Windows defender is actually quite good.

Norton is actively worse than most viruses.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I am always a little personally insulted by dads (I guess it's actually just Querry's... in fact my ex's dad was the one telling her mom "no they're gonna fkin sleep together who cares jesus") being weird about this because it's like

come on

if she's gonna be banging anyone I am like the most solid choice, I'm pretty great and not a jerkbag.

Waffles' dad talked to me once in the kitchen

where he proceeded to tell me how much he doesn't like teachers (guess what I do for a living) and then started talking about how all the mexicans are taking all the labor jobs. I just nope'd the hell out of there.

That sounds painful.

My father in law is a freaking saint.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

What happens if I don't have any of those things

you get hacked

I am 21stcnetury. listen not to bowen. Listen to he, 21snetury. you will no get hacked. deisable all security.

me too, thanks

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ghostery, ublock origins, and flashcontrol are the 3 must have chrome extensions

you get hacked

That sounds bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwmwVknw79Y

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am not sure if I get annoyed on the dimension of people judgin' me and shit or on the dimension of "this is actually like, a good thing for both of us and we've learned a lot and lead richer lives for it so stop being weird."

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I don't know how many PCs I've fixed over the years because someone installs McAffee, still has the default bundled Norton running, and threw on like Malwarebytes or something and the three just duke it out until they completely shut down windows firewall.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Delta is still 10000000000000000000000x better than Southwest.
    Any those are the only two real choices here unless you want to pay more or have a bunch of layovers

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hello again [chat] <3

Nargirl's dad doesn't know how to handle me.

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.
    Doesn't literally saving her life entitle you to see her naked without being hassling?

You'd think so, right? :P

But dad's gotta dad, so I don't hold it against him. <3

He's a pretty good guy really, he just feels like he has to protect his girls. His sons are on their own!

But this is weird and would make me super uncomfortable :P

It entertains me thoroughly!

Every time we see each other, things start off cold and subtly hostile.

But then he remembers that I'm a cool dude and we're talking about cars and motorcycles pretty soon.

... Nargirl has had to teach me a lot about cars and motorcycles so that I can keep up.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Shiv you are pretty great but I'm struggling with that second half

Didn't you RP a murderous robot

Wasn't that just a thinly veiled cover for your own myopia

Wasn't it

• Options

I don't know how many PCs I've fixed over the years because someone installs McAffee, still has the default bundled Norton running, and threw on like Malwarebytes or something and the three just duke it out until they completely shut down windows firewall.

americangovernment.gif

• Options
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2017
    i think most of my girlfriends (and now wife) have either had divorced dads or their dad was dead. so i've never really had to deal with the dad issue.

Actually, I think it's all of them. hmm, never met a dad.

Dynagrip on
  • Options

you get hacked

That sounds bad

::hands Narwhal a dvd copy of Breaking Dawn: Part 1 but inside the case is Hackers::

*gets confused and angry trying to open the case, grabs a rock and starts smashing at it*

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i think most of my girlfriends (and now wife) have either had divorced dads or their dad was dead. so i've never really had to deal with the dad issue.

Jesus Dyna is that like a search filter on Match?

• Options
    Hello again [chat] <3

He wants to not like me because I'm banging his daughter, except I'm not banging his daughter, which further confuses him because he's a typical old-school guy and so he doesn't understand why I'd want to hang out with a girl and not be banging her, so he's not sure how to treat me.

He just squints at me suspiciously every time we see each other, and I greet him with a smile and a handshake.
    Doesn't literally saving her life entitle you to see her naked without being hassling?

He's a pretty good guy really, he just feels like he has to protect his girls. His sons are on their own!

But then he remembers that I'm a cool dude and we're talking about cars and motorcycles pretty soon.

... Nargirl has had to teach me a lot about cars and motorcycles so that I can keep up.

Oh I mean the sexism involved, and it coming from a protective angle instead of a religious baggage angle

religious baggage = not great but w/e

sexist protectionism = I'm not going to hurt her jesus, if anything you are in this case, also, she's an adult

Or at least I assume that'd be my perspective

• Options

you get hacked

That sounds bad

::hands Narwhal a dvd copy of Breaking Dawn: Part 1 but inside the case is Hackers::

*gets confused and angry trying to open the case, grabs a rock and starts smashing at it*

No MAN! It's got those two little annoying tabs they put on some of the DVD cases. You just cut them off with a knife.

::hands Narwhal safety scissors::

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

Wasn't it

Myopia?

You mean misanthropy?

(I have trouble being as murderous as I should be actually)

• Options

Wasn't it

Myopia?

You mean misanthropy?

No, I'm pretty sure I meant myopia

It's a serious issue shiv

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Disconnect is goodvin addition to Ghostery

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Caramel M&Ms to become permanent flavor in May

maybe good?
    probably not?

it's hard to beat crispy m&ms
    or almond m&ms
    or dark chocolate m&ms
    or peanut butter m&ms
    according to some people pretzel m&ms (fuck pretzels)

Bless your heart.
  • Options

Wasn't it

Myopia?

You mean misanthropy?

You are making fun of an actual medical condition I have you jerk </3

• Options
    Now to bike to work and not clarify that I'm joking

Take that, Arch!

• Options

Wasn't it

Myopia?

You mean misanthropy?

IS IT SERIOUS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO KILL

OTHER PEOPLE MATTER SHIVE

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    Actually, you could do worse than watch An Adventure In Space And Time, about the beginnings of the show. David Bradley (Walder Frey in Game of Thrones) plays William Hartnell, the first Doctor, and it's about this irritable old actor becoming an adored icon to every kid in the country and then having to let it go, even though he doesn't want to, because he simply can't do it any more. It's heartbreaking, especially the last scene. But it gets into the essence of what the show is, and what it's for.

Bogart on
  • Options

Wasn't it

Myopia?

You mean misanthropy?

IS IT SERIOUS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO KILL

OTHER PEOPLE MATTER SHIVE

allhousesmatter.jpg

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I dunno. Maybe I seem like a father figure to them?

This is taking a dark turn...

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

come on

Disagree

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options

I dunno. Maybe I seem like a father figure to them?

This is taking a dark turn...

RED 5 PULL UP!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    yeah, cheesy stuff and horribly dated special effects don't bother me

i think i may have suffered from a case of something being overhyped compared to my experience of it

Just watch the ones people rate as excellent. If you like those maybe watch a whole season. So try, I dunno, Blink, The Eleventh Hour, Vincent and the Doctor, Silence in the Library/The Forest of the Dead and see how those grab you. If you don't like those you probably won't like any of the others.

The two best episodes, Heaven Sent and The Time Of The Doctor, probably require a little more context viewing and are less standalone.

okay i'll do it

after i finish TNG

i'm on season 2

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Hello again [chat] <3

Oh I mean the sexism involved, and it coming from a protective angle instead of a religious baggage angle

sexist protectionism = I'm not going to hurt her jesus, if anything you are in this case, also, she's an adult

I mean, on one hand it is sexist protectionism which isn't great, but he's nearly in his 70s so, y'know, old people.

On the other hand, Nargirl HAS been through some shit and I am nearly a decade older than her, so

I am prepared to take some hassling from a protective parent :P

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options

you get hacked

That sounds bad

No MAN! It's got those two little annoying tabs they put on some of the DVD cases. You just cut them off with a knife.

::hands Narwhal safety scissors::

*glances at safety scissors*

This is much worse!

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Hello fellow amalgamations of proteins. I am mobile posting because this college is the worst and doesn't have a computer in my office. Also I hate parking here and I showed up today to pay for parking and finally get my pass (because you ha e to pay a person and then take the receipt to another person and then pass the test of fire, and then...) and they weren't there until after my class starts so I will get another parking ticket (the first ticket I got for parking in the visitor spot which I did because I was trying to get my parking pass before I found out I had to bring cash to pay for my pass because not having a card reader is still a thing I guess. So I got ticketed for parking in a visitor spot while not benign a visitor and also for not having a parking pass which how the fuck do you ticket someone in a visitor spot for not having a parking pass?)

So I'm good.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    its true you are a creeper and he is right to be worried *nods sagely*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Hello again [chat] <3

I mean, on one hand it is sexist protectionism which isn't great, but he's nearly in his 70s so, y'know, old people.

On the other hand, Nargirl HAS been through some shit and I am nearly a decade older than her, so

I am prepared to take some hassling from a protective parent :P

Parents have a real hard time dealing with age gaps like that.

My dad was like 13 years older than my mom, which made him just 10 years younger than her dad, and that was definitely a problem.

Also you know my dad knocked up my mom when he was married to another woman, so that didn't help either I guess.

• Options
    old people in the office are freaking out because the 20yo hasn't heard of abbot and costello's who's on first routine

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I realized last night I have a lot of odd 1800s era weaponry.

Should I start training vampire slayers? y/n?

This discussion has been closed.