As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] 2016 Season Summed Up in a Single Photograph

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I doubt Cleveland trades that far down if at all.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Think Romo would just retire if that happened. If Dallas's oline can't keep him healthy no sense dying on another team unless it's one with a championship chance like....Denver I guess again.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really Romo has probably two open field sacks left in him
    I feel the best thing to say the team failed to get a championship with him and either buy out his contract or cut him as you have to be out of your mind to pick up him knowing that he is basically a few hits from the DL

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Myles Jarrett, one of the top prospects in the draft, is featured in ESPN's Snapchat story right now, begging Jerry Jones to trade Romo+draft picks to Cleveland to get the first overall pick and then draft him.

Can't say I wouldn't be begging everyone within earshot to do something if I were looking at the possibility of being drafted by the Browns.

• kowikowi Registered User regular
    Okay that was pretty good.

Oh ya, pretty pretty good.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I feel the best thing to say the team failed to get a championship with him and either buy out his contract or cut him as you have to be out of your mind to pick up him knowing that he is basically a few hits from the DL

I don't know if they can buy him out. I don't think NFL contracts work that way I think they can only cut him, trade him, or restructure his contract. From a pure business standpoint the clear decision is to trade him as there is definitely a market for him. But Jerry seems to be handling this with a more personal touch as he really likes Romo.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Giants released Victor Cruz.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah I knew it was coming but I'm still sad.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I wonder if a full season to actually heal properly and not get rushed back into it helped him some on this front? A lot of his problems seem to have stemmed from that first injury.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Released Rashad Jennings too.

I don't mind. Paul Perkins came on strong near the end of the year

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my brother will be particularly happy with Jennings being gone. Hated his running.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

I don't know if they can buy him out. I don't think NFL contracts work that way I think they can only cut him, trade him, or restructure his contract. From a pure business standpoint the clear decision is to trade him as there is definitely a market for him. But Jerry seems to be handling this with a more personal touch as he really likes Romo.

if they trade him, they're on the hook for like a $20 mil cap hit in 2017, but then he's off the books. if they cut him, they can designate him as their post-june 1 release and spread that hit over two years. so they shouldn't just trade him for anything, they need to get at least as much value as they think spreading that hit out is worth

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Goose! wrote: »
    Yeah, my brother will be particularly happy with Jennings being gone. Hated his running.

I liked Jennings overall. He really came through a few times when he was needed.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Looking forward to seeing Matt Schaub throw to Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley, Victor Cruz, and *rolls dice* Pierre Garcon for the 200917 49ers.

Sweeney Tom on
    Larry Donnell will be available if they need a TE

edited February 2017
    y2jake215 wrote: »

if they trade him, they're on the hook for like a $20 mil cap hit in 2017, but then he's off the books. if they cut him, they can designate him as their post-june 1 release and spread that hit over two years. so they shouldn't just trade him for anything, they need to get at least as much value as they think spreading that hit out is worth

If Sam Bradford was worth a 1st round pick and a conditional pick then Romo should be worth at least that much plus a GM's first born child.

Butters on
    y2jake215 wrote: »

If Sam Bradford was worth a 1st round pick and a conditional pick then Romo should be worth at least that much plus a GM's first born child.

It's also why I don't doubt for a minute some team's going to be dumb enough to pay a 1st round pick plus more for Garoppolo. (If anything him having a second ring now is going to up the price.)

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing Matt Schaub throw to Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley, Victor Cruz, and *rolls dice* Pierre Garcon for the 200917 49ers.

This would be about a 1000% times better than anything we've had since 2014, so let's go.

Get DeSean Jackson over here too.

Maximum wrote: »

This would be about a 1000% times better than anything we've had since 2014, so let's go.

Get DeSean Jackson over here too.

You get Jacoby Ford instead.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Look at all those fantasy points 5 years ago!

edited February 2017
    Aldon Smith hasn't played a game since Nov 15, 2015

That will not change in 2017 at this rate

Sweeney Tom on
    That's the last straw. 14 strikes and you're out.

I'm ok with Aldon Smith never playing another snap in the NFL

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/p8o--gh5R98 happy 40th birthday, randy moss!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i hope the patriots sign terrelle pryor this offseason

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

the last time a contract was bought out was in 1983 and it was one of the talking points in the players strike of 1987

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I'm ok with Aldon Smith never playing another snap in the NFL

So is he, apparently

md3nvag99krg.png

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    If your lucky enough

mkc.png
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    If your lucky enough

College degree? Pfft.

The guys that made The Fighter and Patriots Day are making a Tom Brady movie.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I assume brady will be played by Mark Wahlberg

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Does Mark have a thick enough Bahston accent, though?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Brady is from California.

Boston can have him.

edited February 2017
    Mark Wahlberg is approximately 6 feet too short to play Tom Brady.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Does Mark have a thick enough Bahston accent, though?

Is this a real question?

Also a Tom Brady movie sounds like the most boring movie ever made. The football stuff is good but everything else is a snoozefest

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Also a Tom Brady movie sounds like the most boring movie ever made. The football stuff is good but everything else is a snoozefest

The only interesting part will be seeing him get drafted late and see it ignite a hate filed inferno that cannot be ever quenched and then watching him swear a blood oath of revenge against the league.

The parts where Bill sits in a dark corner watching Tom and Giselle make love will be exciting.

This discussion has been closed.