As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Someone make a new [gifv] thread

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I love the calculation on the man's face near the end.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    jimmy fallon is so carefully inoffensive and wacky that his entire character might as well have been created by committee

he's like if anne geddes were a talk show host

He probably wouldn't be quite so bad if he didn't do his weird little milquetoast laugh at every single one of his fucking jokes

meanwhile

3oEduGzkdvam26MrXG.gif

izfUT00.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    jimmy fallon is so carefully inoffensive and wacky that his entire character might as well have been created by committee

He probably wouldn't be quite so bad if he didn't do his weird little milquetoast laugh at every single one of his fucking jokes

meanwhile

3oEduGzkdvam26MrXG.gif

izfUT00.png
    c9d12f70a8aa6632224a8aa7ac269452.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    5 o'clock Friday rolls around and I'm all

14cAzyjGR8rmHS.gif

This might be my favorite commercial in the history of the world

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

meanwhile

3oEduGzkdvam26MrXG.gif

izfUT00.png
    c9d12f70a8aa6632224a8aa7ac269452.jpg
    EXEC #2: Hey, I love a clever parody as much as the next knucklehead, but will the children even understand a majority of these jokes?

THE ANIMATOR: No, they will not.

[…]

THE ANIMATOR: Animaniacs will not make sense to them now. It will make the world make sense to them later.

[Silence, but for EXEC #1’s barely-breathed ‘narf’]

THE ANIMATOR: In the past there were no divisions between children’s and adult entertainment. Everyone sat ’round the kerosene lamp reading The Leatherstocking Tales and everyone at the trading post made the same puns. But in our PG-13 age, who’s going to introduce your daughter to essential Americana, if not the Godpidgeon?

EXEC #2: I mean, maybe she doesn’t need to know about organized crime just yet?

THE ANIMATOR: Cultural literacy is an Always food, my friend.

EXEC #2: You’re saying that ten years from now, a young person will watch The Godfather or read Freud for the first time and realize that the Viennese shrink archetype in their minds was actually from Animaniacs all along? And the mumbling mafia don and the plot of Les Miserables and the fall of the Tsars? That the show will act as a sort of contextual membrane through which kids absorb quintessential images that will one day render direct source material more accessible, and that the cultural déjà vu they experience when they encounter said material will recur throughout their adult lives?

THE ANIMATOR: Quite. Research indicates that 90 percent of this generation’s cultural associations will have been shaped by Animaniacs.

http://the-toast.net/2016/05/24/the-pitch-meeting-for-animaniacs/

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    You guys are being way to harsh. Jimmy Fallon is fine. Not great, but hes fine. And so is Chris Hardwick. Actually I like Chris Hardwick.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    You guys are being way to harsh. Jimmy Fallon is fine. Not great, but hes fine. And so is Chris Hardwick. Actually I like Chris Hardwick.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    You know, I'm getting about sick and tired of your witchcraft, magnets.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    is that a magnet clock

.. wait

that's actually a neat idea

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I love superconductors and all that stuff, it's super fun science

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    That doesn't look like something one should be touching with bare hands.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Skin is a poor conductor of heat. You can touch super hot and super cold materials for a second or two before it damages you. Plus the moisture on your skin in and around your skin and the item will protect you briefly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

bowen on
  • Options
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Skin is a poor conductor of heat. You can touch super hot and super cold materials for a second or two before it damages you. Plus the moisture on your skin in and around your skin and the item will protect you briefly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

This seems like the kind of thing you'd trust in a little too much and really burn the shit out of yourself.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    That makes total sense to me from the heat side of things, as I'm constantly barehanding stuff in the pizza oven. I guess I was thinking more from a "tongue stuck to the flag poll" perspective. Learn something new everyday.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this is your dog on yoghurt

doghurt

200w.gif

• Options
    That's the most deranged thing I've ever seen.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    That's clearly just a weird baby.

We only rate dogs. 10/13

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Baby didn't yell Kobe, doesn't count.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »

When you're secretly Samus Aran and you want to show off your sick spin jump moves.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    That is just... insanely fucking dangerous.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    okay, dad

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I was waiting for them to mistime their boost bounce and the kid to just collapse.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    from the kid's tuck position and the fact that he lands basically exactly where he took off, I get the feeling he does gymnastics or diving or even trampoline.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    The group effort, timing and three motherfucking backflips are pretty impressive. :)

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    from the kid's tuck position and the fact that he lands basically exactly where he took off, I get the feeling he does gymnastics or diving or even trampoline.

Yeah, the kid knows what he's doing for sure. From his takeoff I would bet gym and not tramp specifically. Of course you pretty much have to force the rotation like that on a garden trampoline even with help, but the way he's leaning back on takeoff is absolutely not how you're trained to do it in proper trampolining. I'm amazed he managed not to just travel off the edge of the bed.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Panda4You wrote: »
    The group effort, timing and three motherfucking backflips are pretty impressive. :)

I can't tell if it's three flips or four.

#pipe on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

It's definitely three. I thought four at first, but watched it a ton of times and I'm pretty positive it's just three.

Which is still insane and rad as heck.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The timing is what's really impressive; it is really easy to fuck up a trampoline boost bounce and completely kill the momentum of whoever is jumping. Unassisted double back flips aren't that difficult, and multi-backflips are actually easier and safer to land than front flips since it isn't a blind landing. He does a good job of maintaining upwards trajectory and not throwing himself backwards into the flips, which leaves him with plenty of time to fully complete the rotations. His form is pretty good throughout, though ideally the legs should be closer together with the hands on top of the knees, instead of the spread squat position with the arms "pulling" the back of the knees, but that's a common issue when going for a triple so whatever. Nice controlled landing too; he would have probably stuck that if it wasn't, you know, a trampoline.

/gymnastics snobbery

And yeah, it's 3. Watch the number of times the head returns to the top of the screen.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I was waiting for them to mistime their boost bounce and the kid to just collapse.

This was my favorite thing to do. It was hilarious to see a beautiful jump get ruined when the trampoline came back up to meet them on their descent.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

It's definitely three. I thought four at first, but watched it a ton of times and I'm pretty positive it's just three.

Which is still insane and rad as heck.

It is four.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The dress is white and gold.

This discussion has been closed.