As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    You know, I've been on PA for almost 10 years and just found out about a month ago that bleric is spools kid.

Here's a mindblow: Do you think she's the only one here?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Is there some millenial bullshit where you ghost a job if you got hired somewhere else? In less than a year we've had two people just no call no show and not respond to texts. Its either like the most specific serial killer ever or some spineless crap where someone can't simply tell a job they got a better job.

These are the only two options.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    You know, I've been on PA for almost 10 years and just found out about a month ago that bleric is spools kid.

but

everybody is spools kid

even me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    existential horror is basically the default state of humanity

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Couscous wrote: »
    Isn't it pretty easy to define consciousness as just the process of the brain physically doing stuff like the difference between the program and the program actually running?

The brain does stuff unconsciously as well.

Or even after death.

Brains!

Yeah, it's not clear how, exactly, consciousness arises from the brain, even if we know that certain parts of it are related to certain qualia etc.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco they're going to switch me to injections if my labwork drawn yesterday isn't up to snuff

I can help instruct you on IM injections if you like

@neco go to your doctor instead of getting injection methodology advice on the internet jesus christ.

I mean, yeah do that, but this is something I feel pretty confident in advising on, especially if there's a skype/facetime component

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLECCmKnrys

someone posted this bit up in r/standup and it is great

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

How did all those conversations that basically went

Bleric: *Deeply personal stuff*
    Everyone else: *Flags spool*

look to you?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Preacher wrote: »
    Is there some millenial bullshit where you ghost a job if you got hired somewhere else? In less than a year we've had two people just no call no show and not respond to texts. Its either like the most specific serial killer ever or some spineless crap where someone can't simply tell a job they got a better job.

people have been doing this forever

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

one of my buddies is a hotel manager and he's had this issue hiring for the front desk position

idk if it's a new millennial thing or how it's always been tho

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Shivahn wrote: »
    EM sounding very spiritual to me right now.

No, we can't define consciousness with a purely physical paradigm.

Am I horrifying

I feel like my philosophies are practically tailored to horrify you sometimes!

If your philosophies were right, they would be.

So if you weren't blind, you'd be paralyzed by horror :P

You know I can see, yet concluded am blind because it fits your hypothesis better.

A sciencer, you say? Interesting.

spool32 on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i don't know that it's necessarily a new phenomenon

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I found out like two months ago.

Then again when she joined I was off discovering myself.

are YOU on the beer list?
    Is it time

Are we finally putting Chanus on the ice floe?

Well we have to, soon there won't be any to put him on. And putting him on a hastily constructed AH boat while probably more fatal, is a waste of our limited resources.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

That's not a millennial thing that's a person thing.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    STAR FOX MUST BE E L I M I N A T E D

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Y...yes?

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

It's happened here at about the same rate.

Like they get hired through our recruiter, never show up, and never respond to the recruiter.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

I found out like two months ago.

Then again when she joined I was off discovering myself.

All out in the woods

Naked with twigs in your hair and beard

Cackling and masturbating furiously at squirrels

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    someone buy 4 htc vives and give me one and give 2 to two other chatters so we can play that star trek bridge game

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

How did all those conversations that basically went

Bleric: *Deeply personal stuff*
    Everyone else: *Flags spool*

look to you?

I'm very unobservant.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

sup Preach

you guys hiring?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Y...yes?

One of my brothers posts here too, as @Squeakel

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    EM sounding very spiritual to me right now.

No, we can't define consciousness with a purely physical paradigm.

Am I horrifying

I feel like my philosophies are practically tailored to horrify you sometimes!

If your philosophies were right, they would be.

So if you weren't blind, you'd be paralyzed by horror :P

You know I can see, yet concluded am blind because it fits your hypothesis better.

A sciencer, you say? Interesting.

I mean I guess you could have blindsight

edited February 2017

Y...yes?

RMS Oceanic on
    edited February 2017

Y...yes?

One of my brothers posts here too, as Squeakel

This revelation has shaken me to the core.

jungleroomx on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The lady who works at the gas station here is the most attractive human I've ever seen.

F Y I

PSN: Honkalot
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Are we not all Spool32's children in a way

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    uncle androssssssss

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

No not really

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!

sup Preach

you guys hiring?

Ha yeah we are probably. But its just phone support I forget the starting wage but probably beneath your expectation, though healthcare is fully paid.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's the fever or what but y'all seem weirder than usual today.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    jrx are you aware that i am old but also not the oldest but also probably the oldest

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Squeakel is going to see like six batsignals and be all "shit did someone die?"

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    jungle do you live under a rock

because the only way you didn't pick up on that is if you lived under a rock

It's ok you can trust me

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Brian what kinda work you wanna do

We got some openings at my place

Chanus wrote: »
    jrx are you aware that i am old but also not the oldest but also probably the oldest

I am aware.

I feel as though I am just as old as Chanus, but possibly older but maybe younger!

No not really

Here's what spool's kids are
    The friends we made along the way

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I knew Squeakel was spool's kid but I didn't know bleric was. :bigfrown:

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yeah people of all age groups ghost on me all the time. not a millennial thing

This discussion has been closed.