As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    no, we're not all spool's kids.

DemonStacey is TTODewback's kid.

Which would make her spool's grandkid

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Are we not all Spool32's children in a way

No not really

Here's what spool's kids are
    The friends we made along the way

oh my god

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I hope none of you are my kids.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Are we not all Spool32's children in a way

No not really

Here's what spool's kids are
    The friends we made along the way

Yes

Accurate

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Not knowing exactly how consciousness arises from the brain never struck me as a huge issue because that is true of the vast majority of things like the beginning of life from non-life.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Spool is a better role model than my own dad, but that isn't saying much

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Not knowing exactly how consciousness arises from the brain never struck me as a huge issue because that is true of the vast majority of things like the beginning of life from non-life.

or the transition from uncooked dough to pizza

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Is there some millenial bullshit where you ghost a job if you got hired somewhere else? In less than a year we've had two people just no call no show and not respond to texts. Its either like the most specific serial killer ever or some spineless crap where someone can't simply tell a job they got a better job.

These are the only two options.

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    spool children are a state a mind. You can be a spool child if you believe.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    None of us are real. We are all highly advanced artificial intelligences created with protocols that confine our experiences in such as way that we believe that we are humans, leading human lives, while all those memories are generated and implanted to keep our responses on the internet as natural as possible.

Our true purpose is as advertising bots, throwing posts into the void, waiting for someone to trigger our canned response in which we sell the product we were created to promote.

Which among us will be triggered first? What is the activation parameters? Will you even remember posting it?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Okay, clinic time.

*hauls decaying husk outward*

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I hope none of you are my kids.

Yeah you like to hear Daddy in your foreplay.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I dunno consciousness is particularly weird when you think about it

and we have reasonable and testable theories on how life could generate

the mind is still a pretty huge mystery

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    It's wild that more and more, I see Americans discuss a job in terms of it's insurance and benefits plan, not it's wage

Like to an extent that has always been a thing, but nowadays I see more Americans just straight not giving a fuck how much a job pays if the health plan is good

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Houn wrote: »
    None of us are real. We are all highly advanced artificial intelligences created with protocols that confine our experiences in such as way that we believe that we are humans, leading human lives, while all those memories are generated and implanted to keep our responses on the internet as natural as possible.

Our true purpose is as advertising bots, throwing posts into the void, waiting for someone to trigger our canned response in which we sell the product we were created to promote.

Which among us will be triggered first? What is the activation parameters? Will you even remember posting it?

Well clearly that's DRINK MORE OVALTINE ridiculous.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Freezer with an i

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I knew Squeakel was spool's kid but I didn't know bleric was. :bigfrown:

What seriously! Hahaha awesome

Yeah Squeakel is my little brother

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    It's wild that more and more, I see Americans discuss a job in terms of it's insurance and benefits plan, not it's wage

Like to an extent that has always been a thing, but nowadays I see more Americans just straight not giving a fuck how much a job pays if the health plan is good

This feels like perhaps the most onerous form of company scrip out there

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

I dunno consciousness is particularly weird when you think about it

and we have reasonable and testable theories on how life could generate

the mind is still a pretty huge mystery

therefore a wizard did it

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Is there some millenial bullshit where you ghost a job if you got hired somewhere else? In less than a year we've had two people just no call no show and not respond to texts. Its either like the most specific serial killer ever or some spineless crap where someone can't simply tell a job they got a better job.

people have been doing this forever

I know if it was me and the place was either complete trash or being a jerk to me, I'd probably just stop showing up too.

I stopped coming in the last week of my 2 weeks because I was sick of coming in in the snow, so I said "yeah I'm not going to show up, I'm going to build snow angels outside."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

yeah good thing we didn't let THE GUBBERMINT take control of our healthcare

FREEDOM

:tell_me_more:

• Options
    I also work in Kirkland/Juanita AKA the land that time forgot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Querry is maybe getting a position change and is all I know or care about it.

• Options

except the part of time that controls housing prices

:mad:

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ugh. i'm in the worst phase of this cold.

Nose stuffed up, energy flagging, cpap causes extreme pain due to how raw my nose is from blowing it so much, trying to sleep without the cpap makes me feel like I'm suffocating - no really, my dreams last night were about how I was suffocating.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    one-two one-two
    I done read books by Sun-Tzu

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    jungle do you live under a rock

because the only way you didn't pick up on that is if you lived under a rock

It's ok you can trust me

N-no... I mean... well kinda...

I've been having a bad couple years!

@Havelock2.0

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've always been more interested in the benefits vs salary.

I mean like if it was some ridiculous 40K increase in salary that's one thing, but if it's not more than 5-10k difference then I'll easily take less than I asked for (provided it's more than I make now) for an extra week of PTO or stock options or anything that helps me a) work less and b) retire early.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    a brain is like a computer

it shows you some things, and keeps other things hidden in the background. Sometimes its asleep, sometimes its awake. Sometimes its used for sex...and, well, I guess it's occasionally used for other things as well

wandering on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    someone buy 4 htc vives and give me one and give 2 to two other chatters so we can play that star trek bridge game

Make it so.

• Options

except the part of time that controls housing prices

:mad:

We don't control the prices, we just manage the idiots who do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungle do you live under a rock

because the only way you didn't pick up on that is if you lived under a rock

It's ok you can trust me

N-no... I mean... well kinda...

I've been having a bad couple years!

"Havelock2.0"

oh also you can't trust him

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The last 4 people we hired, all over 30, 3 night bakers and 1 daytime dish washer guy, worked for between 2-5 days then stopped coming in and didn't answer calls.

You can bet they called to find out where their check for 2 days worth of work was though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    a brain is like a computer

it shows you some things, and keeps other things hidden in the background. Sometimes its asleep, sometimes its awake. Sometimes its used for sex...and, well, I guess it's occasionally used for other things as well

sometimes it refuses to open the pod bay door

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

This feels like perhaps the most onerous form of company scrip out there

Yeah like its super offensive and gross to me and I'm having difficulty putting it into words because it seems so obvious

Like I don't blame individual Americans for thinking this way, that's a reasonable response to the situation. It's the situation I find gross.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I'm trying to parse that Chomsky quote. I mean first off the idea that Nixon was charismatic threw me for a loop, but I'll just ignore that. Then when he said "honest, charismatic figure" my first thought was Obama, because I consider Obama charismatic and reasonably honest. But I guess by "figure" he means, like, "fascist, demagogic, racist figure"? So I guess he's saying if someone comes along who is charismatic, and honest, and a racist demagogue, then we'd be in trouble? But then how can you be both honest and also a racist demagogue? I guess if your racism was sincere and wasn't just craven? I don't know. Anyway I presume whatever definition of 'honest' he's using doesn't apply to Trump, so if Chomsky is right, Trump, as an "obvious crook", will eventually "destroy himself".
    @wandering I think he mostly meant honest as in openly racist, not honest in general.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The Merriam-Webster dictionary just got approved by the American Board of Dermatology as SPF 50 because of the amount of shade it casts.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    My dreams have been messed up recently. So if window to alternate universes they are all post apocalyptic ... for the most part.

In one I was defending the back door of my parents house from zombie burglars. The lock on the door being this huge, unnecessary multi lock that was like a game puzzle.

Last night I was walking around in this gigantic group of RVs parked in this salt lake getting hit on by sweaty latino and native women.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    it's a goddamn listicle

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Last night I was walking around in this gigantic group of RVs parked in this salt lake getting hit on by sweaty latino and native women.

Please put on this inception headset so I can investigate this dream.

This discussion has been closed.