As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Webcomics, stupid.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Cantide wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I may have been too optimistic about DoA.

"Multiple personalties" is a pet hate of mine. And Danny treating it as if it were an actual thing instead of calling it out as bullshit is a bit disappointing.

"Bullshit"? Dissociative Identity Disorder doesn't work like it's commonly shown in fiction (what does?), but it is a real affliction.

It's a real condition, but the idea that it involves multiple, separate personalities is highly contested and quite possibly false

The current DSM (the big manual of all recognized psychiatric conditions) states that it does, but the DSM is far from perfect and can take a while to catch up to the science

for instance, the DSM only ceased to classify being trans as a mental illness with the most recent edition

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    lqO7Jhz.png?1

A Ghost Story
    she bought those sodas at the beginning without paying for them too. shes a hacker....

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    520dh2baatwd.jpg
    Atomic Robo

Oh right, this is in the mid-90s.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    520dh2baatwd.jpg
    Atomic Robo

Oh sweat Jesus, those days. Liefield days.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    520dh2baatwd.jpg
    Atomic Robo

I get the impression that as someone who doesn't read comic books there are about to be a lot of jokes I'm not really gonna get.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    520dh2baatwd.jpg
    Atomic Robo

I get the impression that as someone who doesn't read comic books there are about to be a lot of jokes I'm not really gonna get.

Shove your head up your ass and you'll have the perspective of 90's marvel and DC.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Yeah that's more or less true

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    PRINT IS DEAD

How many 90s print comics contained cute boy kisses??

(I don't know, but if you find them please send them to me)

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Whoops, forgot a day.

kpimtlsrjl0x.png

Peritale dawww.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

"Multiple personalties" is a pet hate of mine. And Danny treating it as if it were an actual thing instead of calling it out as bullshit is a bit disappointing.

"Bullshit"? Dissociative Identity Disorder doesn't work like it's commonly shown in fiction (what does?), but it is a real affliction.
    Yeah, but that's not what's happening with Amazigirl/Amber (and if it was, Danny is still enabling). To be fair to Willis, he's playing with superhero tropes (eg, Batman/Bruce Wayne, who is he really under the cowl??) and it's not his fault that I happen to hate those tropes.

(Also, Bruce/Batman debates annoy the heck out of me. Or worse, Clark/Kal-El/Superman debates.)

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Please tell me that's made with one of those materials that can be stretched and holds in place.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have spent... so much time working on this

Rewriting some of the text, picture editing, sound editing, video editing, voice directing the 5 other voice acting-y people involved...

I first started this chapter in fucking October.

But I'm extremely happy with how it's turned out, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXr6DoNEvs

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    jamsyjamsy Somewhere in AsiaRegistered User regular
    That's a weird AI Reveal for QC.

Currently playing Brave Frontier & THE ALCHEMIST CODE - woop!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    tumblr_olgbazJeEc1r41zlxo1_500.jpg

Supernormal Step starts a new chapter!

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    ymr4fjgthjp6.png

Fairy wings in Peritale operate on magic.

fc69jb7bt9m8.png

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Took me a while to realise that the reveal wasn't that she'd made her own disposable shoes, which would be in context with the leading panels, but was actually that she'd made herself taller. Something that I don't think has ever been mentioned she's concerned about?

• Options
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Took me a while to realise that the reveal wasn't that she'd made her own disposable shoes, which would be in context with the leading panels, but was actually that she'd made herself taller. Something that I don't think has ever been mentioned she's concerned about?

NO you were right the first time. Her being taller is just how sarah notices.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

NO you were right the first time. Her being taller is just how sarah notices.

Oh right, that makes sense

• Options
    edited February 2017
    tumblr_olgjvoHRaW1tg82ado1_500.jpg

Sleepless Domain
    I promise they have names and they'll get 'em when they've EARNED THEM

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Iris would be fantastically comics name for that character though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Yeah, but that's not what's happening with Amazigirl/Amber (and if it was, Danny is still enabling). To be fair to Willis, he's playing with superhero tropes (eg, Batman/Bruce Wayne, who is he really under the cowl??) and it's not his fault that I happen to hate those tropes.

(Also, Bruce/Batman debates annoy the heck out of me. Or worse, Clark/Kal-El/Superman debates.)

It's more a question of personal identity and compartmentalization, I feel.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Wait how was Bruce/Batman and Clark/Superman ever a discussion?

Bruce is Batman wearing a Bruce Wayne skin and Clark is Clark Kent, all around good guy who happens to be Superman.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Naw see I think that first one is dumb as hell and lends itself to the kind of Frank Miller-ass Batman stories that I am not the least bit interested in

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Naw see I think that first one is dumb as hell and lends itself to the kind of Frank Miller-ass Batman stories that I am not the least bit interested in

I get it. The common misconception is that Batman has to be grim. Just because a tragedy defines him, doesn't mean he has to be a grimdark asshole. The best stories find that balance.

To bring this back to webcomics, unlike say, Amazigirl who needs some serious mental help.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Thats a subject of intense debate e

" Adjectiveionaire Playboy Bruce" is a Character. Bruce Wayne is Batman. That should never be an issue IMO because he's not mentally ill in anyway. Ifhe were aressted for being a vigilant

Amazigirl is a best a defense mechanism allowing a really sick girl to have a defense for her actions
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Wait how was Bruce/Batman and Clark/Superman ever a discussion?

Bruce is Batman wearing a Bruce Wayne skin and Clark is Clark Kent, all around good guy who happens to be Superman.

I think people misunderstand why they have secret IDs.

For Bruce its to create a dissonance between his real self and his public self. Drunk off his ass letch Bruce Wayne could never be Batman.

For Clark it allows him to feel normal and relate to people. Thats why hes a reporter ,he works in a wholly subjective field where his powers mean squat and where a ginger and a sassy woman are arguably superior to him

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    No no no. Please no. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    “OVERWATCH” STUDIES
    AT THE END OF “EVENT”…
    Once more, it’s “Overwatch Comics”. We think Author-san must be playing it frequently as well~. Oi! Resume work on “Comics.” Mou.
    Tonikaku, this feeling is… this feeling is well known. It’s time to end “Event” and we don’t have the wanted “Gachas.” Let’s talk sadly together about “Gacha Luck.”
    It’s “Judgement.”

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    No no no. Please no. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

wait wait let me show you this mark millar makes a extreme but irreverent deconstructed superman but this time he's a regular man by day but by night he's super...racist

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    IRON MUSLIM

I'm pretty sure Frank Miller isn't responsible for that but regardless whenever I think Frank Miller I think

IRON MUSLIM

This discussion has been closed.