As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seizing the means of Structural [chat]eneering

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    hey guys this is a quote from me, i said this

“I am the least anti-Semitic person you've ever seen in your entire life,” Trump Castle said. “Number two, racism, [I’m] the least racist person. In fact, weCastle did really well relative to other people running as a RepublicanMayor of Chat."

so please elect me

Are you going to set up a meeting with your other castle friends?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    ha holy shit I COULD actually take some of the black walnuts that have fallen around camp (the outer shells have a mild toxin in them) and make tranq darts.

wow.

WOW.

Just start saving eggs and make black eggs. Always seemed more effective to me and would work well with having arms already heh.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    cant get a good read on the new ghost recon because their preview people on twitch are all the "LOOLOL WATCH THIS" type guys and not guys who are trying to evaluate game mechanics and and stuff

Bless your heart.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I heard the new Ghost Recon was kinda barebones but those games have always been good for a fun shooty mans time.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    A small chip appeared in my front tooth last night

1. am I dying/are my teeth dying
    2. is that the sort of thing one should get cosmetically repaired and/or repaired to assure the structural integrity of the tooth? It's like...a millimeter. I can see it but it's probably not too visible?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    see you know I'm not a real programmer because my only idea for fizzbuzz without using modulo was basically recreating modulo

(content warning for dankeys: powershell)
    function divBy ($i, $j) {
        do {
            $i = $i - $j
        }
        while ($i -gt 0)

if ($i -eq 0) {
            return $true
        }
        else {
            return $false
        }
    }

$numList = 1..100

foreach ($num in $numList) {
        $fizz = ""
        $buzz = ""
        if (divBy $num 3){
            $fizz = "Fizz"
        }
        if (divBy $num 5){
            $buzz = "Buzz"
        }
        "$num - $fizz$buzz"
    }

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    hello all how are

I reign.

At SIG's pleasure.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    southern poverty law has published their hate map for 2016 and

i am struck by how boring white supremacist groups names are

though there's one in virginia just called "silver bullet gun oil" and like

right to the point i guess

Are they only racist against werewolves?

that would be awesome actually

Some white supremacist group that's really particular about procedure when it comes to meetings, they're setting up the group and the leader steps up, "What's dark and comes in the night to steal our white women? That's right, N-"

"WEREWOLVES!"

"God dammit Jimbob... Lucille read back the minutes."

"Says werewolves here Joebob."

"God dammit. Guess we have to be racist against werewolves. Jimbob you dumb son of a bitch..."

But white supremacists love werewolves.

Because they are great at basketball?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    cant get a good read on the new ghost recon because their preview people on twitch are all the "LOOLOL WATCH THIS" type guys and not guys who are trying to evaluate game mechanics and and stuff

It looks to me like a more open world division with less bullet sponge enemies and now you have a team. I dunno in one preview video that was like 10 minutes long the guy did the same type of mission twice, in a fucking preview "make this game look fun" video.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

2. is that the sort of thing one should get cosmetically repaired and/or repaired to assure the structural integrity of the tooth? It's like...a millimeter. I can see it but it's probably not too visible?

I've got a lot of those as I've gotten older. None have made my teeth worse or caused tooth ache and some are like 10 years old.

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    as someone who has small hands and has on occasional felt self-conscious about (still can't palm a basketball :( ), I will say that our current president is not a good representative of the community.

navgoose wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    southern poverty law has published their hate map for 2016 and

i am struck by how boring white supremacist groups names are

though there's one in virginia just called "silver bullet gun oil" and like

right to the point i guess

Are they only racist against werewolves?

that would be awesome actually

Some white supremacist group that's really particular about procedure when it comes to meetings, they're setting up the group and the leader steps up, "What's dark and comes in the night to steal our white women? That's right, N-"

"WEREWOLVES!"

"God dammit Jimbob... Lucille read back the minutes."

"Says werewolves here Joebob."

"God dammit. Guess we have to be racist against werewolves. Jimbob you dumb son of a bitch..."

But white supremacists love werewolves.

Because they are great at basketball?

holy shit I'm dying

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i've had a chipped front tooth since like sixth grade when i unwisely picked a fight with a kid who knew how to fight

never had a problem with it

but if your tooth just chipped and you don't know how it happened, it would be worth getting checked out

My "subtract until it's less than 0" method was taught to me by TIS-100 lol

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

probably should get to a dentist. could be an abscess killed the root/tooth and now it's weakend

ianad

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I just boarded my flight and there's a sweet dog named Goggles sitting next to me. Gonna be a good flight.

ASYgtxxl.jpg

can you feel the struggle within?
    but if your tooth just chipped and you don't know how it happened, it would be worth getting checked out
    Yeah I wasn't even eating anything hard, just like, hm, suddenly my tooth is a slightly different shape, no idea why.

Hopefully unrelated to the fact that I haven't been to the dentist in over a year, but would that really make my teeth, I don't know, somehow weaker?

I will definitely go when I get back to DC :/

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    My "subtract until it's less than 0" method was taught to me by TIS-100 lol

heh, I was just thinking about how I'd do modulo in 8 bit assembly as I've been tinkering with that lately and came to pretty much the same idea.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I wasn't even eating anything hard, just like, hm, suddenly my tooth is a slightly different shape, no idea why.

Hopefully unrelated to the fact that I haven't been to the dentist in over a year, but would that really make my teeth, I don't know, somehow weaker?

Age and hard foods can crack it. I broke a tooth last year, had to get a crown which super sucked.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

probably no to both but I ain't a dentist

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    see you know I'm not a real programmer because my only idea for fizzbuzz without using modulo was basically recreating modulo

do {
            $i = $i - $j
        }
        while ($i -gt 0)

if ($i -eq 0) {
            return $true
        }
        else {
            return $false
        }
    }

$numList = 1..100

$fizz = ""
        $buzz = ""
        if (divBy $num 3){
            $fizz = "Fizz"
        }
        if (divBy $num 5){
            $buzz = "Buzz"
        }
        "$num - $fizz$buzz"
    }

if you didn't know modulo you could just jack it with integer division

public bolean modulo(final int n, final int m){
    return (((n/m)*m)==n);
    }

it sucks but whatever

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

do {
            $i = $i - $j
        }
        while ($i -gt 0)

if ($i -eq 0) {
            return $true
        }
        else {
            return $false
        }
    }

$numList = 1..100

$fizz = ""
        $buzz = ""
        if (divBy $num 3){
            $fizz = "Fizz"
        }
        if (divBy $num 5){
            $buzz = "Buzz"
        }
        "$num - $fizz$buzz"
    }

Psh it's easy to do it without modulo

You just use bitwise & and hack floating point numbers after doing float arithmetic and

could be you're grinding your teeth in your sleep or something

worst case is tooth decay, but if your tooth doesn't otherwise look discolored it possibly wouldn't be so bad that your tooth starts falling apart

usually they get a little grey looking before that happens

but also i'm just speaking from experience with my own teeth and not from any sort of book learnin

I cannot state with any real confidence what year it was when I last went to the dentist. >_>

You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Cred, you probably just smacked a glass or a bottle against your tooth while lifting it to drink and didn't think about it at the time

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Is it already time for another Dr Who?

Didn't the older fella who replaced Fez fella like.. just start?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ha holy shit I COULD actually take some of the black walnuts that have fallen around camp (the outer shells have a mild toxin in them) and make tranq darts.

wow.

WOW.

sometimes I don't know if you're talking about real life or a survival-crafting game

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

even if it doesn't hurt, the chip could make your teeth more vulnerable to cavities and stuff I think! so deffo go

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    Bush was president, I'm fairly certain.

could be you're grinding your teeth in your sleep or something

worst case is tooth decay, but if your tooth doesn't otherwise look discolored it possibly wouldn't be so bad that your tooth starts falling apart

usually they get a little grey looking before that happens

but also i'm just speaking from experience with my own teeth and not from any sort of book learnin

It looks normal...all of my teeth are a bit discolored from coffee/tea staining but not grey or anything.
    Meh I'm just not going to worry about it but will use this to force myself to actually go to the dentist in the next few weeks because seriously...

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I go to the dentist 3-4x a year

I bet I'm literally the mintiest person in chat

You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

just download more ram

what,

no, they're virtual machines that means you totally can download more RAM it's digital RAM

hmm who is this iron will fellow

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Bush was president, I'm fairly certain.

Which one?

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I have 8 chipped teeth of varying levels of chippedness

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Is it already time for another Dr Who?

Didn't the older fella who replaced Fez fella like.. just start?

He's about to do his 3rd season. They didn't do any who except for the christmas special last year either.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

:P Its a vicious cycle that I like to blame on the users.

This discussion has been closed.