As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seizing the means of Structural [chat]eneering

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    hey will porp and I were just saying the other day that we missed playing overwatch with you

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    On my next flight I want a sweet dog in the next seat. I want to pet a dog for an entire flight. I want that dog to stand on my lap to look excitedly out the window while we take off, little doggy mind totally blown by the scale of this adventure.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

just download more ram

what,

no, they're virtual machines that means you totally can download more RAM it's digital RAM

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

It's true!

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

why didn't you have like 8 terabytes worth already you lazy bastard

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I am fearful I am going to get destroyed in my next job interview

I was like, huh I can't say what static is

then I looked it up and it's like oh yeah, you can call the function without first having an object of that type

and if it's like a static variable, it's basically global across all instances of that object

and you can't create an interface for static shit so that's a knock against it in the test system we use (google mocks/tests)

yeah I knew those three things, but I had to do a google first to get my bearings : (

I just pull my pant leg up and reveal my silk stockings and wink at them

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have 8 chipped teeth of varying levels of chippedness

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i didn't go to the dentist for a number of years and then i did go to the dentist and now basically what's left of my teeth are 98% fillings and so then i now haven't gone to the dentist for a couple years again because it's not like i even have real teeth

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @credeiki probably won't cause any sort of structual issues it is probably cosmetic more than anything. I would say they will probably just grind it out if it is that small. I get them time to time from grinding and clenching when stressed.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Bush was president, I'm fairly certain.

Which one?

Junior, thank goodness.

Like I was definitely in my 20s.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I need a root canal but can't afford it

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

just download more ram

what,

no, they're virtual machines that means you totally can download more RAM it's digital RAM

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

It's true!

Heh reminds me of those old programs that used to claim to double ram sizes.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hmm who is this iron will fellow

Church alt.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Don't worry, sharks have plenty of teeth to go around.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't been in a few years either. But with the ex sucking up our entire dentistry deductible every year I just never thought to.

tackle football was really popular in my neighborhood growing up

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

The difference between being an IT and a plumber is that a plumber sees his job as making it so that the toilet flushes when people use it.

The IT guy sees his job as figuring out how to lock the bathroom door.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Vowels, wouldn't it be easier to just divide and then check if $quotient == Truncate($quotient)?

*edit* Sorry, Truncate() not Round().

Houn on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    hey will porp and I were just saying the other day that we missed playing overwatch with you

have you considered playing it on a real platform?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

The difference between being an IT and a plumber is that a plumber sees his job as making it so that the toilet flushes when people use it.

s h o t s
    f i r e d

have you considered playing it on a real platform?

but I like having fun

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    ha holy shit I COULD actually take some of the black walnuts that have fallen around camp (the outer shells have a mild toxin in them) and make tranq darts.

wow.

WOW.

sometimes I don't know if you're talking about real life or a survival-crafting game

hulk.jpg

That's my secret. It's always real life.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

We played a lot of tackle football too in my teen years.

I had braces.

A good shot to the face would have me spitting up blood for like an hour >_>

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

s h o t s
    f i r e d

uh I think IT guys would need to see this as an insult before we considered it shots fired

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Houn wrote: »
    Vowels, wouldn't it be easier to just divide and then check if $quotient == Truncate($quotient)?

*edit* Sorry, Truncate() not Round().

probably!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Don't just show up after an extended absence and throw this magnitude of shade.

I will challenge you to a duel!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

here's the stuff one developer installed on one workstation for one project:

Crystal Reports (with viewers, tools, extensions)
    Google Chrome
    IIS 10 Express
    IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x64
    IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x86
    Microsoft .NET Version Manager
    Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1
    Microsoft Help Viewer 2.0
    Microsoft Help Viewer 2.2
    Microsoft Report Viewer 2012
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server Compact
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Restributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Web Deploy

Also:

12 different versions of the software he was modifying

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

yeah! it was a lot of fun!

I've not played much in a while. Logged on to try out umbra or w/e, but ended up just rolling with zarya like i always do.

I'm doing a DA:I replay while I'm waiting for ME:Andromeda to drop. Thought about picking up For Honor but I don't know anyone who will play it and it seemed very likely to have a shit community.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hmm an animoo movie is coming out soon and Irond Will emerges again. Yeah not a coincidence.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Just Cause 3 for $15 seems like a good choice.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    the guy who owns the physical therapy practice I go to seems really bummed that I don't want to ski ever again

given that seeing pictures of other people skiing fills me with dread and alarm I just don't think it's in the cards

BeNarwhal wrote: »

We played a lot of tackle football too in my teen years.

I had braces.

A good shot to the face would have me spitting up blood for like an hour >_>

sometimes the high school kids would see us playing and want to come join

and I was the only one of my peers brave/dumb enough to try and tackle the ~200 lb kid with a d1 basketball scholarship

(it never went well but sometimes I held onto a leg long enough that another big kid came over and brought him down)

I feel like if you install visual studio on your machine IT shouldn't have to support it any more

I know what you're doing in there, devs

fucking up our nice pretty images

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

s h o t s
    f i r e d

uh I think IT guys would need to see this as an insult before we considered it shots fired

the difference between an IT guy and a plumber is that most of a plumber's customers don't shit on the floor and then blame the toilet

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Feral wrote: »

s h o t s
    f i r e d

the difference between an IT guy and a plumber is that most of a plumber's customers don't shit on the floor and then blame the toilet

@bowen 's coworkers probably do tho

I agree. Computers would be so much better if they were never sullied with any work.

yeah! it was a lot of fun!

I've not played much in a while. Logged on to try out umbra or w/e, but ended up just rolling with zarya like i always do.

I'm doing a DA:I replay while I'm waiting for ME:Andromeda to drop. Thought about picking up For Honor but I don't know anyone who will play it and it seemed very likely to have a shit community.

@elki and @onthelastcastle both tried it the other day and said it underwhelmed

@porp and I just picked up vermintide to play with the aforementioned duders, it's a p fun l4d2 clone

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    the guy who owns the physical therapy practice I go to seems really bummed that I don't want to ski ever again

given that seeing pictures of other people skiing fills me with dread and alarm I just don't think it's in the cards

I must have missed it, I'm actually curious what happened

Like I know it was a skiing accident but like

Were you like trying to outrun the yeti or something?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I wrote up a serious sounding e-mail about a fix for users with low ram and linked downloadmoreram.com to the IT group

ive gotten some lols on skype and one "THIS SITE LOOKS LIKE A VIRUS AND YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD RAM ARE YOU STUPID"

override367 on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i knew a guy who almost died on a motorcycle and he eventually got back on a motorcycle and started riding again

i was like wtf are you the android Data do you lack human emotional responses

sig.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    i am being relentlessly snuggled by two cats at once

life is hard you guys

This discussion has been closed.