As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seizing the means of Structural [chat]eneering

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    hey will porp and I were just saying the other day that we missed playing overwatch with you

yeah! it was a lot of fun!

I've not played much in a while. Logged on to try out umbra or w/e, but ended up just rolling with zarya like i always do.

I'm doing a DA:I replay while I'm waiting for ME:Andromeda to drop. Thought about picking up For Honor but I don't know anyone who will play it and it seemed very likely to have a shit community.

So far I've met some cool dudes on FH, one guy was wrecking house and he invited me to some duels and showed me how to do a few things and then we went and won a few games

ymmv

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    the guy who owns the physical therapy practice I go to seems really bummed that I don't want to ski ever again

given that seeing pictures of other people skiing fills me with dread and alarm I just don't think it's in the cards

I must have missed it, I'm actually curious what happened

Like I know it was a skiing accident but like

Were you like trying to outrun the yeti or something?

I was on the second easiest slope and it was icy, I was going a little bit fast and then I fell over and I then I don't remember what happened exactly. Then I woke up and felt my femur move around like it absolutely should not and started hollering for help.

it wasn't like, terrible conditions. kids were skiing past me asking what happened to me. I don't remember and trying to remember causes me to panic

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Vowels, wouldn't it be easier to just divide and then check if $quotient == Truncate($quotient)?

*edit* Sorry, Truncate() not Round().

probably!

I mean, I shouldn't talk smack about over-engineering. I once wrote a function that did subnet math by converting IPs and Subnets into a strings of 1s and 0s and then comparing them character by character.

:bzz:

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    the guy who owns the physical therapy practice I go to seems really bummed that I don't want to ski ever again

given that seeing pictures of other people skiing fills me with dread and alarm I just don't think it's in the cards

I was on the second easiest slope and it was icy, I was going a little bit fast and then I fell over and I then I don't remember what happened exactly. Then I woke up and felt my femur move around like it absolutely should not and started hollering for help.

it wasn't like, terrible conditions. kids were skiing past me asking what happened to me. I don't remember and trying to remember causes me to panic

That's fine, I don't want you to freak out.

Just so we're sure, this isn't what happened, right?

Skifree_yeti.png

and then they shot fentanyl up my nose in the ambulance which I absolutely recommend to everyone and anyone

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I enjoyed quite a few things about the For Honor beta, but I can imagine that within 2 weeks it would be a rough time to play the game if you didn't know the move sets, animations, and cancels for all dozen heroes.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    On my next flight I want a sweet dog in the next seat. I want to pet a dog for an entire flight. I want that dog to stand on my lap to look excitedly out the window while we take off, little doggy mind totally blown by the scale of this adventure.

that sounds incredible

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
    ffff andromeda comes out while i'm in school

booooo

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i am being relentlessly snuggled by two cats at once

life is hard you guys

I'm so sorry. Do you have a GoFundMe so we can come together and help you in your time of need?

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    ...my father-in-law is inexplicably suddenly at the apartment (thought he'd be going out for dinner with my husband, not just here for no reason); time for me to find an excuse to urgently be elsewhere. Bye chat!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    For Honor looks like the kind of game that would be fun to watch someone play who knows what they are doing, but super frustrating for me to play.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Elki wrote: »
    I enjoyed quite a few things about the For Honor beta, but I can imagine that within 2 weeks it would be a rough time to play the game if you didn't know the move sets, animations, and cancels for all dozen heroes.

I feel like the game needs a bigger league of legends style summoners rift map since it has minion waves already, complete with a shop back at the spawn

I think that'd be a lot of fun anyway

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I just boarded my flight and there's a sweet dog named Goggles sitting next to me. Gonna be a good flight.

ASYgtxxl.jpg

OMG PUPPY PITTY HELLO HOW ARE YOU GIVE ME KISSES WHEEEEE HUGS XOXOXOXO

Bless your heart.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    "umbra or whatever"

<3 Will

vRyue2p.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I've been watching some streams. The basic concept is interesting. But holy cow the skill curve looks nuts as you get deeper and deeper into those one on one moments. It almost looks like fighting game levels of execution and footsy mindgames.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i will likely never ski. too many stories about people getting seriously hurt. it's even like a trope in shows and shit.

riskiest thing i do, aside from driving to work everyday, is scuba diving.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

The difference between being an IT and a plumber is that a plumber sees his job as making it so that the toilet flushes when people use it.

The IT guy sees his job as figuring out how to lock the bathroom door.

Oh God I missed this.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    hey will porp and I were just saying the other day that we missed playing overwatch with you

have you considered playing it on a real platform?

but I like having fun

How do you know if you're having fun unless a 15 year old is calling you a shitfucker?

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    ...my father-in-law is inexplicably suddenly at the apartment (thought he'd be going out for dinner with my husband, not just here for no reason); time for me to find an excuse to urgently be elsewhere. Bye chat!

You need to buy me groceries, obvs

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    i sneezed which made both cats run away

i am free

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    You fucking programmers are the reason I'm always having to add more ram to the VM farm.

here's the stuff one developer installed on one workstation for one project:

Crystal Reports (with viewers, tools, extensions)
    Google Chrome
    IIS 10 Express
    IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x64
    IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x86
    Microsoft .NET Version Manager
    Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1
    Microsoft Help Viewer 2.0
    Microsoft Help Viewer 2.2
    Microsoft Report Viewer 2012
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (and all the management objects, clients, etc)
    Microsoft SQL Server Compact
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Restributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Restributable (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (with lots of different tools, extensions, etc)
    Microsoft Web Deploy

Also:

12 different versions of the software he was modifying

It's not our choice!

Why the different versions of Visual studio? That's bizarre.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

eddy when you fall off that horse

just don't even bother with horses this is the 21st century they're basically useless at this point

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    cptrugged wrote: »

I've been watching some streams. The basic concept is interesting. But holy cow the skill curve looks nuts as you get deeper and deeper into those one on one moments. It almost looks like fighting game levels of execution and footsy mindgames.

It really is, then you get into gear stat management and ability set loadouts and good fucking gravy

I'm happy with it, what I've been focusing on is just do 2 or 3 things with a hero and only those 2 or 3 things until I get good at them

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

eddy when you fall off that horse

just don't even bother with horses this is the 21st century they're basically useless at this point

Horse means heroin in this analogy doesn't it?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

I've not played much in a while. Logged on to try out umbra or w/e, but ended up just rolling with zarya like i always do.

I'm doing a DA:I replay while I'm waiting for ME:Andromeda to drop. Thought about picking up For Honor but I don't know anyone who will play it and it seemed very likely to have a shit community.

@elki and @onthelastcastle both tried it the other day and said it underwhelmed

@porp and I just picked up vermintide to play with the aforementioned duders, it's a p fun l4d2 clone

everything underwhelms castle. the "playing a game" part always cuts into his focus on livestreaming his bullshit.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

Awesome!!!!!!
    @Arch

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I'm going skiing this weekend. Some day I'll jump out of a plane.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

@elki and @onthelastcastle both tried it the other day and said it underwhelmed

@porp and I just picked up vermintide to play with the aforementioned duders, it's a p fun l4d2 clone

I'll look into vermintide. Is it one of those indie releases?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

I make bug out bags. FUCKING BAGS TO HELP YOU SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE.... with less redundancy than this.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    wait a new old person

uuuuh

Hello?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    edited February 2017
    It's fun in for honor to play as dagger girl and you run up and stab them and run away and kite their whole team around to benny hill music while your team caps points

override367 on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wait a new old person

uuuuh

Hello?

he can only see motion so if you stay still you'll be safe

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

just download more ram

what,

no, they're virtual machines that means you totally can download more RAM it's digital RAM

nah we just need to use more virtual function calls

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Bookies must not know what the BBC's budget is.
    Well time to drastically increase the TV licensing fee

whatever it takes

Dynagrip wrote: »
    i will likely never ski. too many stories about people getting seriously hurt. it's even like a trope in shows and shit.

riskiest thing i do, aside from driving to work everyday, is scuba diving.

I think it's fine if you're okay at it or get lessons. I am really bad at just about every physical activity and this really cemented that for me.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Google Chrome
    IIS 10 Express
    Microsoft Web Deploy

Also:

It's not our choice!

No clue.

Also, in this team's dev environment, they have SQL servers deployed to the specs they asked for

Why does he need multiple versions of SQL server installed on his workstation?

itisamystery.jpg

We just isolated off the dev environment from the rest of the network and let them do their thing.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Thank you for this. Now I know that this is absolutely not the game for me.

can you feel the struggle within?

That's fine, I don't want you to freak out.

Just so we're sure, this isn't what happened, right?

Skifree_yeti.png
    yeah but I was wearing fashionable ski clothes

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Google Chrome
    IIS 10 Express
    Microsoft Web Deploy

Also:

It's not our choice!

No clue.

Also, in this team's dev environment, they have SQL servers deployed to the specs they asked for

itisamystery.jpg

We just isolated off the dev environment from the rest of the network and let them do their thing.

We had a big SQL cluster that was shared by like seven apps and then the sharepoint team ROYALLY fucked it up so now they have their own SQL server because they're morons.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Google Chrome
    IIS 10 Express
    Microsoft Web Deploy

Also:

It's not our choice!

No clue.

itisamystery.jpg

Visual studio sometimes will install multiple versions because ????

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.