As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey, Sunless Sea is free to try from now until Monday! And also 66% off! If you haven't played it before, you should try it because it's great!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I should really get back to Subnautica, I enjoyed what I played.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I should really get back to Subnautica, I enjoyed what I played.

I'm really enjoying the way that the little replicator means that recipes can be a bit slapdash and weird. To make a little zippy underwater thing you need like some copper wires and some lubricant and a bit of titanium, because you can kind of assume your little pod is handling the heavy lifting and just asking for a bit of extra hard-to-produce material.

There's no need to be like "2 wood = 1 log, 2 logs = 1 beam, 2 beam = 1 plank, 4 plank = 1 wall..." every time.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    saving subnautica for when it's finished

it looks real real good, and I've seen a fair bit of footage for it
    wanna savor it when it's finished

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm feeling like I may as well wait till the game is at 1.0, since I think they're getting fairly close now?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hmmm yes a full size screen shot of the poe passive tree is roughly 16k pixels square and 25mb

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hrm

Hitman is on sale.

That game looks like goofy fun.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hrm

Hitman is on sale.

hitman rules

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Hrm

Hitman is on sale.

hitman rules

Well I spent 30 bucks on the freedom bundle already this month I really can't justify buying it now, unfortunately. I've got so many freedom bundle games to play.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Loading...?

Reposting

PSN: jfrofl
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hrm

Hitman is on sale.

hitman rules

@Tube ban this sick criminal.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The Freedom Bundle got some new additions:
    tZwZRrH.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    The Freedom Bundle got some new additions:
    tZwZRrH.jpg

Hand of Fate is really fun. Card game plus random dungeon levels plus loot plus Arkham style combat plus nice art style and narrator.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I was gonna hold off until the new expansion to get Super Galaxy Squadron EX but I should probably jump on that now.

wow the filesize on that doublefine adventure stuff is out of control.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Ok, I started playing SRR: Hong Kong and that ghoul dude seems like a nice way to rototill through people.

But his ability bar seems pretty busted? His sword stances eat up nearly all of it, and the first Red Samurai ability occupies another two slots, so I can't use any new abilities he unlocks as they won't show up in the ability bar? Any workaround to this? Not seeing it mentioned anywhere when searching on the issue.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I am setsuna is on sale but now I want to get it on the switch, not steam

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHTU-sflaY

You got ark in my monster hunter

You got monster hunter in my ark!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hey, there was some interest in Path of Exile earlier, so I figured I'd post this here.
    Grinding Gear Games announced the next Challenge League, starting on March 3rd. Think of it as a Diablo 3 season that lasts for 3-4 months where everyone starts at square one, except instead of the same game but with a leaderboard and a couple new items, there's always some sort of crazy new gameplay system or twist that will often end up in the main game afterwards, like the Prophecy system, Rogue Exile enemies, etc in addition to new items, skills, and balance changes. This time, it's the Legacy League.
    Here's the official announcement with a ton of details and previews: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597
    And here's an informative video on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp_a226eg_U

Basically, you'll find items you can equip on your character that will allow you to temporarily play earlier Challenge Leagues. Leaguestones, once equipped, will use a charge when you enter an area, transforming it with new effects, like adding the Rogue Exile enemies from Anarchy league or adding in the Breach invasions from the recent Breach league. These also allow you to earn older formerly league-exclusive items that are very hard to get your hands on now like the Headhunter belt. Like all the other items in PoE, they can roll with random affixes, allowing for harder and/or more rewarding content, like having more charges, guaranteeing double Perandus Coins from Perandus Leaguestones, and more. There's also Reliquaries you can find in the endgame, that allow you to travel to a special treasure area where you find fancy Magic The Gathering-style holographic foil versions of older items, however these items are also pre-buff/nerf versions (known as Legacy versions) that can be incredibly incredibly powerful (or total trash) and normally don't exist anymore.
    I'm really looking forward to this, since I never played most of these leagues. I'm hoping the Leaguestones are actually plentiful so I don't feel like I'm wasting them by using them for fun.

Crippl3 on

That's kinda rad

Qurupeco is probably my fave MH monster

That or Barroth

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ya'll the most important thing about the switch is that now capcom has no fucking choice but to put monster hunter out on a console with a god

damn

controller

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    or they keep putting it out on the 3ds if that's the largest install base

liEt3nH.png
    I really want some goddamn HD monster hunter

I'd probably try Monster Hunter Online if it was available in english and not apparently totally shitty about microtransactions

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    or they keep putting it out on the 3ds if that's the largest install base

Considering how the games played in Japan it staying on highly portable handhelds (ie, not the Switch) and not coming to consoles would not surprise me.

I want to hope that Monster Hunter would come out for Switch but at the same time I don't have a huge amount of faith

I also really hope that Monster Hunter XX comes out here!

But really Capcom, gimme Monster Hunter Stories already

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey, there was some interest in Path of Exile earlier, so I figured I'd post this here.
    Grinding Gear Games announced the next Challenge League, starting on March 3rd. Think of it as a Diablo 3 season that lasts for 3-4 months where everyone starts at square one, except instead of the same game but with a leaderboard and a couple new items, there's always some sort of crazy new gameplay system or twist that will often end up in the main game afterwards, like the Prophecy system, Rogue Exile enemies, etc in addition to new items, skills, and balance changes. This time, it's the Legacy League.
    Here's the official announcement with a ton of details and previews: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597
    And here's an informative video on it:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xp_a226eg_U

Basically, you'll find items you can equip on your character that will allow you to temporarily play earlier Challenge Leagues. Leaguestones, once equipped, will use a charge when you enter an area, transforming it with new effects, like adding the Rogue Exile enemies from Anarchy league or adding in the Breach invasions from the recent Breach league. These also allow you to earn older formerly league-exclusive items that are very hard to get your hands on now like the Headhunter belt. Like all the other items in PoE, they can roll with random affixes, allowing for harder and/or more rewarding content, like having more charges, guaranteeing double Perandus Coins from Perandus Leaguestones, and more. There's also Reliquaries you can find in the endgame, that allow you to travel to a special treasure area where you find fancy Magic The Gathering-style holographic foil versions of older items, however these items are also pre-buff/nerf versions (known as Legacy versions) that can be incredibly incredibly powerful (or total trash) and normally don't exist anymore.
    I'm really looking forward to this, since I never played most of these leagues. I'm hoping the Leaguestones are actually plentiful so I don't feel like I'm wasting them by using them for fun.

I started playing PoE during the essence league and this all seems pretty good and makes me want to play more.

Too bad legacy league starts the same day Zelda comes out. Zelda's gonna have to take priority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Wolpaw has left Valve. Huh.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Yeah, I was gonna post about that earlier. The rumor was that him and Jay Pinkerton were both leaving but luckily Jay wasn't. the popular theory is that Erik is going back to Double Fine to work on Psychonauts 2, since he wrote the first one with Tim Schafer. Apparently he was doing work for them "on loan" for Valve for the sequel, but it makes sense that he would go over there in a more full-time capacity.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    And here I was, hoping for Old Man Murray: rebirth.

But that's cool too!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    In Hand of Fate, every time I go into the deck builder to set up for a new session, it brings up a prompt asking if I want to use a "recommended" deck.

Is there any way to disable this prompt?

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

As a video game writer, I guess he wanted to actually write some video games instead of... whatever Valve is doing these days.

broken image link

As a video game writer, I guess he wanted to actually write some video games instead of... whatever Valve is doing these days.

Hey, he was writing for TF2!

TF2's comics, that is. And blog posts. BUT STILL

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

That's kinda rad

Qurupeco is probably my fave MH monster

That or Barroth

Barroth sucks. Vote Barioth for Best Bar*th!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

was he the main TF2 writer guy? Damn, that hurts valve a lot if so.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

That comic has probably been finished for years and it just waiting to get finished being drawn.

That comic has probably been finished for years and it just waiting to get finished being drawn.

It wasn't just the TF2 comic, he wrote the Portals and a bunch of other work for Valve. Sounds like he's retiring from the games industry in general. :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

It wasn't just the TF2 comic, he wrote the Portals and a bunch of other work for Valve. Sounds like he's retiring from the games industry in general. :(

He was writing for Pyschonauts 2 while still at Valve.

this article has a quote from him that he's going to move back to Cleveland and work at his niece's juice shop

which I guess doesn't preclude still doing games writing work on the side but sure makes it sound like it's not going to be his main thing anymore

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Woo! Finally beat Dungeons of the Endless using the Refreezerator Pod, which only allows a single hero for the entire game.

I'm not sure what it says about me that as soon as I hit year three in Stardew Valley I jumped back into one of the most stressful games I own, but there you have it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.