As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2017
    I did get both BSBs I wanted, but I blew out my mythril stash on it. Sorry second anniversary, hope you don't have any good banners!

A duck! on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    100 gem: Seifer SSB

at least it's a sword for VIII, I guess? Bleh.

Almasy Revolver is the new Revolver.

Fry on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Did my one 50 pull as I planned. Got the only BSB I wanted, and a nice prize in Raijin's armor, and a decent FFVIII weapon I guess.

2j8ga2i2u45b.png

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Decided what the hell, I'll give it a go. It's only mythril.

2/11 - Squall's Jacket (dupe) and Seifer's Gloves.

Fairly disappointing, but not the end of the world. At least it wasn't just the jacket. And hey, the bracer is +Dark damage, and has decent attack plus some magic and mind. Now back to my regularly scheduled saving.

steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Did my one 50 pull as I planned. Got the only BSB I wanted, and a nice prize in Raijin's armor, and a decent FFVIII weapon I guess.

2j8ga2i2u45b.png

Your 440 mythril stock depresses me far more than your good pull.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did a pull cause I am weak. Got the obligatory Almsay Revolver, and Mystic Jacket. Not a terrible pull actually since I have Squall's OSB already. I was hoping to make Fujin a functional part of my team, but meh.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Still sitting on 250 myself and I'm super tempted to pull again because what are the odds.

Ugh. Should have just saved until the anniversary even though none of the banners will probably interest me because I don't like any of the top line items at all.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    What the hell did you buy where you have 3 extra gems?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Javen wrote: »
    What the hell did you buy where you have 3 extra gems?

I forget if it was a partial refund or a discount pull from a ways back, but a lot of us have it.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    that's so weird, because that amount seems effectively useless?

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah the 100 gems draw was at one point 97 gems. It's a little silly.

I'm hoping something during the anniversary is good for me. I know we won't get Japan's banner 4 intact, but if we did I'd be pretty happy. The other anniversary banners aside from the lucky draws and Ultros selection weren't all that tempting.

steam_sig.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I whaled a moderate amount

Got Fujin complete, Raijin's BSB and Seifer's SSBs

Didn't get Raijin's great SSB which is a bit of a downer since I wanted to use him vs Nemesis

Beasteh on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Just did the one pull on this banner, getting both of Seifer's SSBs. Not what I wanted at all, but I suppose it could be worse. I'll take a decent synergy sword and dark-boosting gloves for Raines.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yeah i still have an extra 3 gems from the 97 gem banner; you can petition DeNA about it but they'll just take away the 3 gems so what's the point

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    You can also use it for combo money and mithril pulls. How to make it hit precisely 3 I would have no idea, but it might work I guess.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    1/11 stupid game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Beasteh wrote: »

Didn't get Raijin's great SSB which is a bit of a downer since I wanted to use him vs Nemesis

Turns out it was 2 bursts.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    You can also use it for combo money and mithril pulls. How to make it hit precisely 3 I would have no idea, but it might work I guess.

I think the way it splits will always come out ending in a multiple of 10 (3000/50=60), so there's really nothing you can do with it.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100-gem got me nothing. 11-pull got me 3 rainbows, none of which were bursts...

...which would be disappointing if it wasn't for the fact that I got Fujin's Jacket, Raijin's Pauldron, and Shear Feather, which literally filled the exact three gaps in my elemental boost inventory.

Kain and Orlandeau can now both carry proper lightning+ armor (instead of one of them having to borrow Ashe's hotpants), and Wind Lord Alphinaud is a go.

Awhile back I was debating on what to hone with my MWOs. The question is now settled - time to hone Tiamat.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

He spent money, dude. Can't complain about someone's pulls when they're not F2P.

My pulls were delayed a couple hours because I had a friend over. 100 gem got me Raijin's SSB, which I am definitely OK with. My 11 pull came up with one, turned out to be Fujin's... dagger =( Oh well. Not going to complain about having a wind MAG dagger because I can always RW her BSB, my mage team has that flexibility, sorta.

Hopefully it's back during the fest, feels pretty likely.

I had no idea that Fujin's BSB is aoe, that's cool

Seifer's SSB2 has an amazing animation

RWing Fujin's BSB onto a dancer sounds like a good way to get some additional support for a mage team - stacking breakdowns, damage commands, and fast cast so you're not too far behind if you have to throw some dances in between commands.

Rius wrote: »

He spent money, dude. Can't complain about someone's pulls when they're not F2P.

My pulls were delayed a couple hours because I had a friend over. 100 gem got me Raijin's SSB, which I am definitely OK with. My 11 pull came up with one, turned out to be Fujin's... dagger =( Oh well. Not going to complain about having a wind MAG dagger because I can always RW her BSB, my mage team has that flexibility, sorta.

Highly doubt any of this stuff will be back in the fest. It's far too recent. I doubt we'll even get Cid Raines stuff.

aeNqQM9.jpg

Highly doubt any of this stuff will be back in the fest. It's far too recent. I doubt we'll even get Cid Raines stuff.

Isn't Raines's stuff coming back on a XIII banner that's just after the Anniversary? Bad for mythril planning purposes, but apparently that banner is supposed to be pretty good.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »

Isn't Raines's stuff coming back on a XIII banner that's just after the Anniversary? Bad for mythril planning purposes, but apparently that banner is supposed to be pretty good.

I think it's like, RIGHT BEFORE the anniversary, so it's directly competing for the same mythril. That said, I don't expect Raines stuff on any of the anniversary banners, since it wasn't an option in the survey.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I was a little iffy on the lucky draw due to how lousy a lot of the sub-BSB stuff was (and due to this being just before both realms got a lot of new toys), but my VIII synergy is horrendous and I don't plan on pulling on Fuujin/Raijin, so whatever.

Vaan SSB (steal attack)
    Zell SSB
    Zell BSB
    Ashe BSB

Welp. That's probably the best pull I'm ever going to see for 25 mythril. I can't believe I actually landed Ashe's Defiance; it was arguably my most-wanted burst and I'd completely given up on it.

A bit late, but Vaan's SSB is great for an SSB because you can combine it with Thief's Revenge. 4X hits, massive boost to attack, massive hit to enemy attack, then follow up with 5-6x hits which steal HP, and recharge the meter fast enough to do another SSB hit with all four hits at boosted attack.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

I think it's like, RIGHT BEFORE the anniversary, so it's directly competing for the same mythril. That said, I don't expect Raines stuff on any of the anniversary banners, since it wasn't an option in the survey.

There are five banners besides the Ultros select one.

Plus the BSBs-only one.

Although if you pulled it on the Curaga-medica one, I'd be pretty impressed.

ztrEPtD.gif
    pulled again, another seifer sword.

why am i a moron. the game doesn't want me to have anything good, of course i keep pulling. 4/33, 3 seifer swords and a fujin dagger.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If the game is doing nothing but making your day worse, you can just drop it. It is seriously not worth that. There are so many other games out there that are mechanically engaging without being exciting or gutting based on the result of a die roll.

Enlong wrote: »
    If the game is doing nothing but making your day worse, you can just drop it. It is seriously not worth that. There are so many other games out there that are mechanically engaging without being exciting or gutting based on the result of a die roll.

meh. it doesn't make my day worse. if i wanted to stop playing games which made my day worse, ffrk would probably be like 30th on my list. it's just not fun when you are this violently unlucky for such huge stretches of time. my last... 9 pulls haven't had a useable item. Everything since FF14 has been an abject trashfire, and I haven't gotten a usable DPS item since last festival.

Been playing for a year and a half and I have 8 bursts. That's a real bummer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    You are torturing yourself

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Plus the BSBs-only one.

I just checked, and in Japan at least, the FF13 banner was the event right before the 2nd anniversary, and none of Raines stuff was on the 5 anniversary banners, nor the Ultros Selection banner (which wasn't an option in our survey).

So your only chance is the BSB only draw.

I will admit your Curaga-medica draw comment confused me. Was that an attempt at humor? I'm a bit slow, sorry :rotate:

edited February 2017
    100 gems: nadda (natch)
    1st pull: Seifer BSB, Fujin SB (+wind dagger)
    2nd pull: Fujin SSB, Seifer SSB (+dark bangle)

Soooo, nothing I wanted or can use. FFS. WTB Fujin BSB and Raijin Last Stand SSB.

Is it such a terrible thing to get actual upgrades you can use, maybe change things up a bit? I'm still using the same fucking Shout team I used a year ago.

E: I'm just at the point of spending money willy nilly, but I feel like that would end... poorly.

silence1186 on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    E: I'm just at the point of spending money willy nilly, but I feel like that would end... poorly.

Remember kids, don't tease the octopus chase the dragon

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Plus the BSBs-only one.

I just checked, and in Japan at least, the FF13 banner was the event right before the 2nd anniversary, and none of Raines stuff was on the 5 anniversary banners, nor the Ultros Selection banner (which wasn't an option in our survey).

So your only chance is the BSB only draw.

I will admit your Curaga-medica draw comment confused me. Was that an attempt at humor? I'm a bit slow, sorry :rotate:

We're not getting the same banners as Japan for the fest. We've never gotten the same banners as Japan. Hell, Japan's banners have relics for characters that don't even exist in global. It's unlikely that Raines's BSB will be on it, sure, but it's not out of the question until we know what the banners are.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    edited February 2017
    Fry wrote: »

I mean, yes, of course.

At a certain point you either run out of Mythril and can't beat content anymore, or you spend money.

Everyone says "don't chase one relic" but there's only one or two truly useful items on any given banner. Everyone's chasing one item; some people just get it and then come back and say "oh don't chase anything."

silence1186 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Decided to pull. Got seifer bangle. Not bad since I've used him on a few cm missions and now I have a not default sb for him!

Fry wrote: »

Is wanting anything but the bottom 2 items on the banner "chasing the dragon"

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    We did it team.
    PBAVoDc.jpg

Initially went with Gaia Cross, but Banishing Strike was good to dispel haste and save Saint Cross uses for the end of the fight. Also started out with Cloud's goggles for blind but Ink basically instant wiped the back line if it ever occurred, so I just went with elemental resists, burned Kraken as quickly as possible, and hoped for the best.

9fARKVx.jpg

No fiend(s) is mighty enough to overcome the fabled blade of legend, Defender+++.

N3Rq6QJ.png

One thing that I think actually made this a lot easier, and it's the only time I've bothered to do it, was to manipulate game speed advantageously. Go up to 5 during the killing blow on each fiend, and all of your bars will fill up entirely by the time the new fiend shows up and any actions can resolve. Very good for popping Class Change and refreshing onion-kun's blessing, and made juggling Echo's breakdance and necessary shellga refresh and healing much more manageable.

Quistis needing to be dived for BLK 5/WHT 4 and then seeing Fujin is like :/

This discussion has been closed.