As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Four rainbows! Got both Raijin's and Fujin's BSB, the death by committee SSB and Squall's Jacket.

Really happy with this one, can field the entire committee now and my FF8 synergy is so much better.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    There's the double BSB we were expecting to pop up sooner or later

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Finished the current FFVIII event stuff.

Honed Raging Storm to R3.

I can see Fujin's value on an A-Team, especially a Mage team, and debating using eggs to get her to level 80 as quickly as possible.

Shame her MC3 is about 3 months away.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Fujin + Raijin are on the second to last batch of MC3s (Emperor, Edward, Palom, Porom, Shadow, Cyan, Kefka, Cid (VII), Reno, Vincent, Laguna, Fujin, Raijin, Steiner, Freya, Kimahri, Paine, Larsa, Sazh, Noel)

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Huh, sefier's baddo gunblade has a unique model for his ssb but it doesn't apply when doing normal attacks. That stuff is so weirdly inconsistent.

Relm's paintbrush having one is my favorite rando unique model.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I cannot stand how when a sprite uses a gun, it is always the same shotgun gun model, and it always looking like they are shooting it from behind their back.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My favorite unique weapon sprite is Edgar's OSB bioblaster.

Every time you use a basic attack, it has the character don the gas mask and everything.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    safety first

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Lightning's SSB gun has a different sprite and sound effect. I do wish the default gun sprite was the one that shows up during the Rapid Fire animation, rather than the current thing.

The current daily mythril rate is eroding my self-restraint. I'll have 50 again before Sunday. Someone talk me out of dropping to 0, again, to try and get Raijin Special.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    My favorite unique weapon sprite is Edgar's OSB bioblaster.

Every time you use a basic attack, it has the character don the gas mask and everything.

Chainsaw is my favorite. They put on a hockey mask! Edgar gets all the best weapons.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    The current daily mythril rate is eroding my self-restraint. I'll have 50 again before Sunday. Someone talk me out of dropping to 0, again, to try and get Raijin Special.

It's got an enormous wind-up period and really only shines when combined with multiple other rare relics that haven't even been released for global yet?

Javen on
    The Wind-up period (which heals party members) is part of why it appeals.

I suppose I should keep in mind that, looking at the other items on the banner...

I already have a strong physical Dark SB in Sephiroth's Transience, I already have an ATK/MAG boost (though Death By Committee does damage), I have a bunch of enwinds, and I have a Last Stand.

Even Fuijin's BSB has a rival in Vaan's. Then again... it stacks with Vaan's...

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    As someone who doesn't have Vaan's BSB, I appreciate Fujin's BSB that much more. She can Wrath her SB meter up too, though I feel like she can get by hitting a myriad of vulnerabilities, assuming there is one to exploit. Otherwise she'll be eternally stuck with something like Ace Striker for her RM to keep that debuff going, instead of 40% Ninja or 20% MAG or 25% BLK damage.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Fuijin's Jacket (maybe I can make it work with Zack's imperil wind?)
    Almasy Revolver (Meh?)
    And Squall's Jacket (Second en-Ice, but I'm not sure what I would use this with, since I never got class motes)

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    My FF8 synergy has been abysmal and the posts here made me use my only 50 mythril to pull.

I'm actually quite glad I did.

I netted Almasy Shear Trigger, Raijin's Staff, Seifer's Gloves, and Shear Feather.

My FF8 synergy prior to this pull consisted of Seifer's Coat, Rinoa's Party Dress, Metal Knuckles, a 6* Beast Killer, a Rising Sun, and a Sorceress' Might. This pull basically gave me all of this physical synergy I should need for FF8 and actually gave me a decent FF8 team now with Quistis, Rinoa/Edea, Seifer, Fujin, and Raijin to choose from with soulbreaks. Wish I had something for Selphie but oh well!

edited February 2017
    Sigh. Whaled a bit and got 3 copies of the bracer. Ugh.

At least this is usable I guess, 30 30 buff with a lot of elements to hit weaknesses. Burst plz tho. Or at least not constant duplicates would be nice.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Blargh. I still don't have a source of Guts for Nemesis X, and this is the last banner with a guaranteed source before the anniversary.

What do! There's a CHANCE Edge's, Snow's, and/or Relm's Last Stand relics might be on one of the anniversary banners, but
    A) It's not a sure thing, so it's chancey to rely on that, and
    B) While Relm's Last Stand is good, she can't crank meter out like Raijin. Snow's is bad, and while Edge's is good, he can't generate SB meter at all.

Hrmm. Decisions, decisions.

Pulling on this banner again is a long shot. I have 5/9 items on it, so the chance of a dupe is high, and of the remaining items, Seifer's SSB1 is a dud, Raijin's BSB I'm ambivalent towards, Fujin's BSB is amazing, and Raijin's SSB is generally good and awesome for Nem X. 2% odds are not good! (unless SSBs have a 2% chance, in which case it's 3%).

Hrm, is there any reason to keep these bracers separate or should I just combine them to an 8*. I don't have any 8* armor so it'd probably always get used, and I also don't have any real usable dark damage aside from this soul break. Also have Galbranth's SSB, but I'll never use them at the same time, so probably not going to need more than a single +dark boost.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Why is Snows last stand bad?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Why is Snows last stand bad?

Have to put him on the team.

steam_sig.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Blargh. I still don't have a source of Guts for Nemesis X, and this is the last banner with a guaranteed source before the anniversary.

What do! There's a CHANCE Edge's, Snow's, and/or Relm's Last Stand relics might be on one of the anniversary banners, but
    B) While Relm's Last Stand is good, she can't crank meter out like Raijin. Snow's is bad, and while Edge's is good, he can't generate SB meter at all.

Pulling on this banner again is a long shot. I have 5/9 items on it, so the chance of a dupe is high, and of the remaining items, Seifer's SSB1 is a dud, Raijin's BSB I'm ambivalent towards, Fujin's BSB is amazing, and Raijin's SSB is generally good and awesome for Nem X. 2% odds are not good! (unless SSBs have a 2% chance, in which case it's 3%).

What about Minfilia's BSB?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Minfilia's BSB is just an enholy attack. Her ssb is the last stand one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

What about Minfilia's BSB?

Her SSB is Last stand and +ATK, but Nemesis X cancels +ATK every few turns, so it's the least effective source of Last Stand.

Knight_ wrote: »
    Hrm, is there any reason to keep these bracers separate or should I just combine them to an 8*. I don't have any 8* armor so it'd probably always get used, and I also don't have any real usable dark damage aside from this soul break. Also have Galbranth's SSB, but I'll never use them at the same time, so probably not going to need more than a single +dark boost.

I would always keep element boost armors separate in case you happen to hit more SBs of that element in the future, who knows when you might accidentally pull Jecht or Kuja bursts, or you might actually get Raines BSB when trying for it, and suddenly want a bunch of dark boosts. The bonuses from combining are not that huge.

- SSBs should all be 2% right now
    - I don't think Snow's burst is that bad if you want a Last Stand effect because you anticipate a lot of people hitting the floor (it's kinda bad in a general-use sense, but Raijin SSB is also bad in that case)
    - According to one of the tentative schedules I've seen, the II event with Gordon's burst will arrive before the Anniversary is over, so that'd be another shot at Last Stand

I guess that is true, dark is just such a weird element though. I guess I'll just throw the other 2 in the vault for now and see what happens after the festival.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    Fuijin's Jacket (maybe I can make it work with Zack's imperil wind?)
    Almasy Revolver (Meh?)
    And Squall's Jacket (Second en-Ice, but I'm not sure what I would use this with, since I never got class motes)

Fujin's Jacket is actually pretty great. It's got +Wind on it, and gives Fujin a wind aura. At the 370 MAG soft cap for ninja attacks, with the 1.4x ninja damage RM equipped, the two hit wind ninja magic 5* will hit for a little above 16,250 damage no matter the RES stat of the enemy. Obviously against a weakness (even a minor weakness) it would cap out at 19,998. Combine that with the fast cast nature of ninja scrolls, and I think you have a contender for some serious damage output. Also the ninja attack would hit over 19,500 with a 20% imperil wind.

-edit- Can't forget to mention this assumes using Wrath to get the initial SSB cast going. After that it should be reasonable to maintain it with ninja spells.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I am never not using Seifer in VIII CMs now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiHGr-ZCaKo

PS people are slowly realizing on reddit that due to the skipped collabs which neatly coincided with the vitality mote cycle every single time, we won't see any vit motes for at least 3-4 months

Global and JP are different games, please understand!

Beasteh on
    lol really, aren't vit motes like the most required mote?

sure would be a bummer if i cared about record diving.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    'Death By Committee" is a REALLY good name for a soul break.

Knight_ wrote: »
    lol really, aren't vit motes like the most required mote?

sure would be a bummer if i cared about record diving.

Off the top of my head, it''s 3* Dex motes that are useless, and 4* Brave motes that are useless. Everything else is used a fair amount, depending on who, exactly, you want to dive, and what their role is.

Spirit motes of both kinds seem pretty plentiful as well, with not enough ways to use them.

Vitality and wisdom both seem like the most desired and the most elusive

Last time I calculated, to fully 3* dive the entire cast, you need roughly half as many Dexterity motes as any other kind (which are reasonably close to each other).

To fully 4* dive everyone takes roughly the same amount of each kind, though depending on who you want to dive you can certainly feel the pinch on Vitality since that's used by both physical and magical characters. Especially if you try to do one of those stupid Berserker spheres that is 100% Vitality motes, ugh.

From a Reddit post, Vitality accounts for 27% of the 4* mote demand, with second place Wisdom accounting for 23%. Meanwhile Bravery clocks in dead last at 13%. This could actually have a significant impact on people trying to defeat Nemesis X. I wonder if DeNA is aware of the problem, and if so if they have a plan to address it.

steam_sig.png
    So our Bards kinda suck forever, and now we won't be record diving tons of people because they aren't making up for lost rewards. This is more than obnoxious.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hrm, I need to figure out who to MC3, I've got 1 left and only 4 other characters past 80, so I wouldn't mind adding in a fifth. Also, lots and lots of levelling I guess.

If I'm running a mostly physical team + Y'shtola for healing, would I be better off adding another physical character or is there more benefit to having a mage in the mix?

chrisnl wrote: »
    From a Reddit post, Vitality accounts for 27% of the 4* mote demand, with second place Wisdom accounting for 23%. Meanwhile Bravery clocks in dead last at 13%. This could actually have a significant impact on people trying to defeat Nemesis X. I wonder if DeNA is aware of the problem, and if so if they have a plan to address it.

Since they don't actually want anyone to beat that boss, I'm going to go with "probably not, no."

Hrm, I need to figure out who to MC3, I've got 1 left and only 4 other characters past 80, so I wouldn't mind adding in a fifth. Also, lots and lots of levelling I guess.

If I'm running a mostly physical team + Y'shtola for healing, would I be better off adding another physical character or is there more benefit to having a mage in the mix?

Mixed teams are weird. I wouldn't do it unless you get a self sufficient mage. If you run an atk/mag buff running a darkness mage would be viable. Still while mage teams are awesome, and I run em all the time. A single 99 won't make a difference unless you are going to commit to it. I would give it to the healer.

Assuming you already have Y'shtola's MC3, I'd go with another physical attacker that you have really good stuff for. Either that, or hold onto it for now. I run a mixed party myself most of the time, but that's kind of a special case as Onion Knight's BSB is just very good. The only mages I would consider running in a mixed party right now are Onion Knight, Raines and maybe Fujin. All of those choices rely on having their BSB (or possibly SSB for Fujin).

I'd probably hold onto any further MC3s at this point so you can make sure to have enough for whatever you get from the Anniversary banners, but then I do like to plan ahead a bit more than most people.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2017
    Looks like my favorite of the RW sites (https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/) was updated at some point, and now includes notes on element boosting equipment.

I used it to find a Thunder God with two holy boosts and 700 ATK in the FF1 realm (code D1KF). By my calculations, that should be able to one-shot any of the four fiends in the U+ (even Tiamat, though that falls about 5k short if I don't call the RW from someone with a sword damage RM). This should be exciting.

Fry on
This discussion has been closed.