As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

<3 PAX East 2017 Fancy Dinner <3

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also Will those photos are way over the 500KB limit.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Also Will those photos are way over the 500KB limit.

When the president mod does it, that means it is not illegal.

One of these days I'm gonna attend one of these dang dinners I tell you what.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    FWW the only reason I even checked into this trainwreck of a hakkes press conference was to see if you were attending

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    FWW the only reason I even checked into this trainwreck of a hakkes press conference was to see if you were attending

Trainwreck? How dare you. This rollout has been smooth--so smooth. It's never been smoother.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    sExm2Tbl.png

Hops Test sent me a sample BESPOKE menu. I like it. It's got a lot of options, including vegetarian ones. I am intrigued by the squid ink pasta. It would be $45/person (coming out to about ~$60/person with taxes and gratuity). There will also be a dessert course, but the particulars will be decided week of, as they change their dessert menu every few days. In the past I have barely made it through the dessert due to being overstuffed by then, so I am not too concerned unless they want to serve us peach bull's testicle pie.

We also have an option of getting 100 oysters for the table for a flat fee of $300. That would come out to a bit more than $12/person extra. I'm not that wild about oysters but if a critical mass of people want them then I will adjust the per person prepaid cost to $75 (rough estimate accounting for tip/tax). The other option is that you can individually order oysters on your own drink tabs on the night of. I would prefer this option, as there will be less to collect from people, and the cost will be individualized to your personal oyster tastes.

Unless there is a massive outcry, I will respond by 2 pm EST and finalize Hops Test as our venue.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    sExm2Tbl.png

Hops Test sent me a sample BESPOKE menu. I like it. It's got a lot of options, including vegetarian ones. I am intrigued by the squid ink pasta. It would be $45/person (coming out to about ~$60/person with taxes and gratuity). There will also be a dessert course, but the particulars will be decided week of, as they change their dessert menu every few days. In the past I have barely made it through the dessert due to being overstuffed by then, so I am not too concerned unless they want to serve us peach bull's testicle pie.

We also have an option of getting 100 oysters for the table for a flat fee of $300. That would come out to a bit more than $12/person extra. I'm not that wild about oysters but if a critical mass of people want them then I will adjust the per person prepaid cost to $75 (rough estimate accounting for tip/tax). The other option is that you can individually order oysters on your own drink tabs on the night of. I would prefer this option, as there will be less to collect from people, and the cost will be individualized to your personal oyster tastes.

Unless there is a massive outcry, I will respond by 2 pm EST and finalize Hops Test as our venue.

I'll edit the OP tonight when I get home from work. I'm a no on the flat fee for oysters, they're basically mucus imo

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    sExm2Tbl.png

I'll edit the OP tonight when I get home from work. I'm a no on the flat fee for oysters, they're basically mucus imo

YOU'RE BASICALLY MUCUS

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Also that looks like a rad menu, gj to Hakkes!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    yeah everyone pls cheer Hakkes, I'm just the face of this project she's getting all the nitty gritty stuff done

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Could this be downgraded to a smart casual dinner (no jeans, t shirt, naruto headband)?

"Smart casual" is for suburban dads, deebs. Everyone ends up looking like they work at best buy

GIS and these eyeless clones disagree with your hurtful r/childfree definition.
    aad1c588-e334-451b-8715-1396318e3416

I understand and support the idea that everyone should dress up for this, but suit and tie might be overkill in a place where the staff wears a silkscreen t-shirt uniform and the weeknight clientelle include what looks like a badly photoshopped picture of Michael Cera.

idk w/e tho

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    dope menu. no oysters 4 me pls

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    yeah everyone pls cheer Hakkes, I'm just the face of this project she's getting all the nitty gritty stuff done

I think the word "muse" would be more appropriate. Your youthful idealism and belief in the dream motivated Hakkes hard bitten heart to go out and crack skulls until she delivered your vision.
    Stay in character people!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

I think the word "muse" would be more appropriate. Your youthful idealism and belief in the dream motivated Hakkes hard bitten heart to go out and crack skulls until she delivered your vision.
    Stay in character people!

hell no i'm saving her from herself

• Options
    Could this be downgraded to a smart casual dinner (no jeans, t shirt, naruto headband)?

"Smart casual" is for suburban dads, deebs. Everyone ends up looking like they work at best buy

I understand and support the idea that everyone should dress up for this, but suit and tie might be overkill in a place where the staff wears a silkscreen t-shirt uniform and the weeknight clientelle include what looks like a badly photoshopped picture of Michael Cera.

idk w/e tho

whatever I've worn prom dresses in diners I'm gonna lOOK AMAZING DEEBS U CANT STOP ME

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

idk w/e tho

whatever I've worn prom dresses in diners I'm gonna lOOK AMAZING DEEBS U CANT STOP ME

I feel like that's a staple of prom

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Delmain wrote: »

idk w/e tho

I feel like that's a staple of prom

I don't mean after prom I mean just cuz we like gettin fancy but are poor

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    I don't understand your life

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I vote we go full fancy. It is, as mentioned above, not too different from wearing prom dresses to whatever non-fancy restaurant one went to before prom--kinda noteworthy, but everyone is like, 'ah, these people are going to/coming from a fancy event and chose to grace our humble establishment with their suited presence.' It's fun!

Also no oysters for me; there will already be more than enough food.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Ok so I finally got an email from Hojoko and it's just not gonna work. They have a $1500 F&B minimum and a requirement that we get an open bar package; the lowest one for basic drafts and house drinks would be an additional $50/person, the mid is $60/person, and the max is $75/person. This is just way too expensive.

I'm going to confirm Hops Test, no oysters now. So it is written, so it shall be done.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I don't understand your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8RuHII718

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    It is done, now awaiting confirmation. Current headcount is 24 people.

Now I gotta send emails back to everyone else and reject them :(

• Options
    thanks but no thanks,

y'all were too damn 'spensive

get fuckt,
    Hakkes

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

@Hakkekage the friend who wanted to PAX with me is waffling so I'm gonna go with no on fancy dinner

if that changes I can ask if there's still room for us but it wouldn't be the end of the world to miss fancy dinner

I know you gotta make commitments now

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

Hakkekage the friend who wanted to PAX with me is waffling so I'm gonna go with no on fancy dinner

if that changes I can ask if there's still room for us but it wouldn't be the end of the world to miss fancy dinner

I know you gotta make commitments now

+/- 2 probably won't make a huge difference but I've already asked and will let you know. If you can come after all I will just send in Will to offer sexual favors to the owner

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Alright CONFIRMED bitches

The next step is how do y'all wanna pay me them dolla dolla BIIIIIIILLS

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Ok so I finally got an email from Hojoko and it's just not gonna work. They have a $1500 F&B minimum and a requirement that we get an open bar package; the lowest one for basic drafts and house drinks would be an additional $50/person, the mid is $60/person, and the max is $75/person. This is just way too expensive.

I'm going to confirm Hops Test, no oysters now. So it is written, so it shall be done.

Roman_dice_IMG_4367.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I prefer my plus one be listed as Sixwife.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    It's too late now, and I'm not even going this year to PAX, and it's a bit on the pricier side, but....

You can't get fancier while at same time unique and interesting then Cuchi Cuchi (http://cuchicuchi.cc) in Cambridge.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ariel7ariel7 *snap* *sarcasm* unanimously riverside countyRegistered User new member
    edited February 2017
    Hey where do I put a recommendation 4 the comic strip? I'd like to be on the dinner list too. This photo file material is all that's found out right now and it was about purple shocks or something..both like directness and dynamism of a spiral part..trying my best to appreciate it the next time it pops up. Thanks for reading. (spam link was here)

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ariel7 wrote: »
    Hey where do I put a recommendation 4 the comic strip? I'd like to be on the dinner list too.

Hey, Mike and Jerry don't read the forums so there's nowhere for you to put a recommendation for the comic. Also, since this is your first post, I think you should probably spend some time in DnD before coming to one of our events!

• Options
    Sorry, bud. As the de facto organizer and certified ball buster, this is a party for my friends, not a general gathering for lurkers. I don't know you and unless you can get someone to vouch for you, no can do.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    ariel7 is my plus 1

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I'm leaving that spam post because it's hilarious word gibberish

Jake you need a new +1

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Speaking of not coming to this thing without people to vouch for you. While I'm interested in this event I think it would be weird showing without having met at least some of y'all in real life ever before.

Thusly I wouldn't mind meeting some of you this year at PAX East in a non fancy dinner type setting so as to possibly make this event next year.

Should I just throw up a signal in chat or will y'all be too thoroughly engaged to check chat while at PAX?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Speaking of not coming to this thing without people to vouch for you. While I'm interested in this event I think it would be weird showing without having met at least some of y'all in real life ever before.

Thusly I wouldn't mind meeting some of you this year at PAX East in a non fancy dinner type setting so as to possibly make this event next year.

Should I just throw up a signal in chat or will y'all be too thoroughly engaged to check chat while at PAX?

I think you're overstating it and ignoring the huge difference between someone who posts semi-regularly for six years and a random 1st post spam account. The dinners are how a lot of people first meet other people from the boards.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

I'll vouch for you.

• Options
    Sleep you're a well known account and I know your mystic doomsaying abilities I'm mostly just trying to screen weirdos and serial killers not dour political prognosticators

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    .Well not counting the weirdos who got grandfathered in

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I'm mostly just trying to screen weirdos and dour political prognosticators

...and BC eats alone.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    .Well not counting the weirdos who got grandfathered in

Ofc we must always defer to the rigid demands of tradition even if you all are homicidal maniacs and unhinged stalkers

What can you do!