As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Any members of Move Minor Standard down for some online multi and hitting the Rivals challenge, I'll be on and available for guitar/bass and/or drums tonight sometime after 9:30PM CST or all day Saturday/Sunday (PM me or hit me up on Live to work out a time).

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I've been house/babysitting all week for my brother's family, but will be back home tomorrow and should be able to post some points. I can probably make an online time work at some point.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Blitzed bass runs on all 3 Spotlights and guitar on Metropolis and got us just under a million points (round 980K if my math is right.).

Nice mixture of genres and difficulty for this week's challenge list. Will definitely be playing more this weekend than the last couple.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ace of Spades or Ace of Spades '08?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ace of Spades is a song I enjoy very much. It's a song that sucks for every instrument too! Well, I suck at it anyways.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    21hFrKP.jpg

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Ugh. That means we're going to get a lot of metal songs for the next challenge, doesn't it?

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    Ugh. That means we're going to get a lot of metal songs for the next challenge, doesn't it?

Quite possible.

Personally, I'll try and stick with classic rock from the 70's and 80's, with just a touch of prog (Dream Theater, Rush, Yes, Kansas) this week to help out.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I'm going to play nothing but 90s rock

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Ace of Spades or Ace of Spades '08?

just confirmed on Twitter that it's Ace of Spades '08

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pedantry wins!

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I guess I won't be playing nothing but 90s rock because my blue cymbal shit the bed today.

Black wire broke at the solder joint. Like it has on every other broken cymbal :|

Does anyone have any experience fixing these things? I had another set re-soldered but they broke again after like two weeks. I don't want to just keep buying more. They're RB3 cymbals so they're not terribly plentiful anymore.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    I'm still miffed that I got a lemon with my PDP drums. Even if it had a 75% discount. I really don't want to play the odds and I might just quit the drums altogether.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
  • Options
    Perrsun wrote: »

What does any of this mean?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    30% off those songs, which are apparently all theme songs from movies.

Also, digital version of RB4 Rivals is 30% off, but only if you have an XBL Gold subscription

Oh brilliant
  • Options
  • Options
    lol @sir_pinch-a-loaf

hopefully I can peel myself off Zelda and play a bit this week.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    So am I reading right and there's no way to get wired peripherals to work with the xbone?

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    So am I reading right and there's no way to get wired peripherals to work with the xbone?

Only the MIDI Pro Adapter via the Wired Legacy Adapter and specifically only for MIDI drumsets and ION drums.

Apparently they wanted the wired adapter to also adapt the other wired instruments but Microsoft shot it down.

• Options
    A little over a week ago they announced more licensing expirations.
    A quick update for today. The song "Starting To Appreciate” by Tutankamon will be coming down from the Rock Band Music Store on or before March 31st. If you've already bought this tune, you'll be able to re-download this even after it's off of the storefront. If you're interested in picking up this DLC, get it now before it's gone!

Yup. That's it.

• Options
    so just as a warning, if you get an external to expand your One's space, and you have a lot of Rock Band DLC.. might want to set aside a few hours to wait for it to finish moving files if you want to move it to the external.

• Options
  • Options
    Cross-marketing is the devil.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    At least this time they're cross promoting with a game that people will actually play.

• Options
    If ME doesn't let you rock out with your omni-tool out, then RB got shafted in that deal.

• Options
    Mostly interesting for the fact they're talking to EA again

• Options
    33057236320_b68a43e7cd_o.gif

Danger Zone! Sterling Archer Takes the Stage in Rock Band 4

The debonair, two-dimensional super spy takes the stage to belt — what else — Danger Zone (also coming to Rock Band 4).

Posted by Daniel Sussman Rock Band Product Manager

Sterling Archer: secret agent turned private investigator turned… rock star? That’s right, this Thursday everyone’s favorite spy from “Archer,” the hit animated series on FXX, makes his long-awaited Rock Band debut as part of our March content update for Rock Band 4.

“That’s awesome! But why Archer?” you may ask. Well, I’ve got two words for you: “Danger Zone.”

When we received word that the Kenny Loggins mega-hit was coming to the Rock Band DLC Music Library, our thoughts immediately went to Archer. We’re big fans of the show. In fact, you could say that we like Archer as much as Archer likes, well, “Danger Zone”. So we reached out to the good folks at FXX and Floyd County Productions to see if they’d like to do something special for Rock Band and Archer fans and they jumped at the chance. An Archer cameo in Rock Band was happening.

For our art team, bringing Archer into Rock Band presented a unique challenge. The Archer TV show is cel-shaded, 2D animation – completely different from Rock Band’s signature 3D style. We experimented with a couple of different approaches for how Archer might look in Rock Band, including an Archer character in the traditional Rock Band style, but ultimately decided that the best approach was one that was true to the look and feel of the FXX series, so we created a custom cel-shader in Rock Band just for this character. The end result is an Archer that looks like he was pulled straight from TV and dropped on stage. We think he looks awesome – he almost pops off the screen!

Rock Band’s March update will be available tomorrow, March 16th. In addition to FXX’s Archer, there’s a bunch of other cool assets coming to Rock Band – like new punk outfits in the Rock Shop and a playable Normandy bass from Mass Effect – so make sure to check it out. Until then, here’s some footage of Archer singing his signature tune to hold you over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_iO7IpaONk

• Options
    6 years too late but I'll take it.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I wish the actual character models looked like this.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I wish the actual character models looked like this.

Yeah, can we apply this cell shading to everyone? Please?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I posted this over in the board games thread in CF, but I think it's worth posting here as well, because people might be interested in it.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys, Harmonix is making a card game.

Yes, Harmonix, the creators of Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

It's called Dropmix, and you play cards that contain music samples, so that while you are trying to defeat your opponent's score you are also creating a beautiful/terrifying custom mashup of popular songs.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    lol
    UH AH AH AH AH

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    As a reminder, kiddos: make sure your calibrations are correct.

I just got five stars on Bark at the Moon for the first time, ever. Including any Guitar Hero incarnations. Also, Gold Star on Feels Like the First Time. On the final note. Ding, motherfuckers!