As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    If you've started regularly clearing U+ fights for the MC3's, I also wouldn't worry too much, because at most you are 1-2 weeks from another crystal.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Looks like my favorite of the RW sites (https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/) was updated at some point, and now includes notes on element boosting equipment.

I used it to find a Thunder God with two holy boosts and 700 ATK in the FF1 realm (code D1KF). By my calculations, that should be able to one-shot any of the four fiends in the U+ (even Tiamat, though that falls about 5k short if I don't call the RW from someone with a sword damage RM). This should be exciting.

I used the RW Way series of threads on Reddit to search for someone with a similar set up. I think it was ~680 ATK and two holy boosts to kill any of the first three fiends. This is the exact strat I ended up going with.

• mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    I tried to do the FF1 U+ with RW TG Cid, but was having a lot of trouble. I ended up using a strategy championed in a post on reddit wherein you use Garland as a darkness mage, RW OK BSB, and go to town. You don't even need any native SBs to make it work.

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Did Chaos with my team from March, 2016.
    Ddqh92J.jpg

Indomitable Blade, Tailwind/Stones, Stoneskin, Cleansing Strike and Black Meteor.

Celes can't wear heavy armor for those sweet damages, and I forgot Drain Strike exists : ( Also while equipping skills on Sephiroth, was going to Dark Bargain, but then saw Mirror of Equity and thought that's way less of a downside I'll just use that. Immediately remembered why this doesn't work after using the first Shout. It's been a while, Sephiroth old bean.

Just ate the stops.

BI8UOrm.png

In my anniversary survey my suggestion was to add more unique soul breaks to banners. They seem pretty powerful.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I still find it hilarious that Cleansing Strike isn't Agrias's SSB.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I said earlier that I was gonna pass on the Lucky Banner but I am a weak, weak man.

...Rinoa BSB and Quistis BSB!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Decided to pull on VIII since they're inundating us with mythril - Seifer BSB and Fujin SSB.

First sentinel for me, and I've got Alphinaud's BSB, so that's nice!

I'm starting to think I get my best pulls when I don't give a shit.

edited February 2017
    Hrm. But I don't have a single native 5* Sword or Knife in the VIII realm worth a damn. I have four guns, a Mage Thrower, and a few staffs, but the best thing Squall can equip is a Mesmerize Blade ++. Even the Almasy Revolver would be good.

Argh help, I'm rationalizing going back to 0 myth by pulling on this banner.

Enlong on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Mesmerize Dagger+++

Squall is a nerd why would you even want an excuse to use him.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hrm. But I don't have a single native 5* Sword or Knife in the VIII realm worth a damn. I have four guns, a Mage Thrower, and a few staffs, but the best thing Squall can equip is a Mesmerize Blade ++. Even the Almasy Revolver would be good.

How many things do you already have on the banner?

Of the actual items?

Squall's Jacket.

Of the effects therein?

In place of Seifer's BSB, I have two Drawtaliate BSBs, and Sephiroth's Endark SSB.

In place of Fuijin's BSB, I have Vaan's.

In place of Seifer's ATK/MAG boost, I have Alphinaud's.

In place of Raijin's Last Stand, I have Minfilia's.

In place of Fuijin's Enwind, I have Luneth's, Cloud's, Freya's, and Zidane's.

And in place of Fuijin's Affliction Break, I have Affliction Break.

Almost none of the actual items, but the effects are largely in my possession in other forms, except for a physical Enlightning or a partywide swiftcast.

Of the actual items?

Squall's Jacket.

Of the effects therein?

In place of Seifer's BSB, I have two Drawtaliate BSBs, and Sephiroth's Endark SSB.

In place of Fuijin's BSB, I have Vaan's.

In place of Seifer's ATK/MAG boost, I have Alphinaud's.

In place of Raijin's Last Stand, I have Minfilia's.

In place of Fuijin's Enwind, I have Luneth's, Cloud's, Freya's, and Zidane's.

And in place of Fuijin's Affliction Break, I have Affliction Break.

Almost none of the actual items, but the effects are largely in my possession in other forms, except for a physical Enlightning or a partywide swiftcast.

Having synergy FF8 swords isn't super important. You seem to be leaning against pulling, so that's probably the right call given your existing available relics.

That said, if you do end up pulling, whether or not you get either of Seifer's swords, 3 +wind items, 2 +lightning items, or a +dark item would all be pretty useful. Raijin's SSB is useful for Nemesis X, if that's your bag. Fujin's BSB is one of the best, and can play nicely along with Vaan's; they aren't mutually exclusive.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    And if you're pulling for a synergy weapon, particularly one for Squall, this is a godawful banner to do so on.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    A synergy hammer is less than useful to most characters. I took my one shot at the banner and didn't get a great pull, I'm not going to throw more mythril away with anniversary (and the Ultros banner) coming so soon.

steam_sig.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Four guns means you're more than capable of equipping Laguna and Irvine, you don't need swords for mister whatever

Thanks for the dose of perspective. I'll refrain from pulling here.

Fry wrote: »
    Four guns means you're more than capable of equipping Laguna and Irvine, you don't need swords for mister whatever

It's funny. I got two new relics from this banner, and I still don't think either Rai/Fuu will make it into my CM team. Raijin's SSB only really gives party instant, and Fujin won't have the mag to be effective with absolutely nothing else I have to support her. The only FF8 thing I have that Raijin can use is a generic dagger, but I do have two of Laguna's guns, and a second support in the back row is worth much more than a garbo monk that can provide one or two shots of insta-cast. Plus it saves eggs.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • FryFry Registered User regular
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Eh the CM this time around is an AOE fight, so Fujin could be used pretty effectively as a ninja. It isn't super difficult to get to 370 mag even without synergy, I would imagine. But yeah might be better to just use the pair of gun users since you have two.

steam_sig.png
    I didn't aim for it, but I've somehow lucked into all the pieces needed to fight Nemesis, though there are some conflicts:

Last Stand - Raijin SSB
    Wall - Tyro SB, Y'shtola SB
    Radiant Shield - Alphinaud SSB
    Hastega - OK BSB
    Healer BSB - Eiko, Y'shtola

So apparently the problem is that I probably need two healer BSBs, and the main source of damage is Radiant Shield, meaning Y'shtola and Alphinaud conflict. Alphinaud's SSB is also somewhat redundant with OK BSB. However, I can't really RW it because the fight lasts a lot longer than 50 seconds, meaning that unless I manage to get another healer BSB or another Radiant Shield, I'm going to have to RW a healer BSB onto Tyro.

edited February 2017
    That said, I may just throw a pull at banner 2. The stuff there is very nice. An enbio mage BSB, an Enice mage BSB with Maria's mechanics, a Poison Mage OSB (DOOMTRAIN), an imperil Dark, and Mighty Guard VIII.

The very real issue, though, is that I actually own 3 of the items on that banner (Dreamstage, Hyper Sniper, and Parade), though dupes of those would make nice stat sticks if nothing else. That, and Rinoa's Enearth SB is kind of a dud outside of Cid Missions (even though I also have her Earth/Ice BSB), as I have Rydia's Enearth BSB. Would that she had a way to get to Support 4.

All in all, it's a banner with a higher chance of giving me something that'll be a proper addition to one of my teams, or improve the stats of an existing one. And I'm a sucker for Enelement SBs. Reminds me of my quest to get a weapon for every element in Monster Hunter. Gotta catch 'em all!

Enlong on
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I didn't aim for it, but I've somehow lucked into all the pieces needed to fight Nemesis, though there are some conflicts:

Last Stand - Raijin SSB
    Wall - Tyro SB, Y'shtola SB
    Radiant Shield - Alphinaud SSB
    Hastega - OK BSB
    Healer BSB - Eiko, Y'shtola

So apparently the problem is that I probably need two healer BSBs, and the main source of damage is Radiant Shield, meaning Y'shtola and Alphinaud conflict. Alphinaud's SSB is also somewhat redundant with OK BSB. However, I can't really RW it because the fight lasts a lot longer than 50 seconds, meaning that unless I manage to get another healer BSB or another Radiant Shield, I'm going to have to RW a healer BSB onto Tyro.

I am starting to feel the itch to take on this bullshit fight. I have all the pieces a few times over in most cases save for Radiant Shield which has me nervous. I have no way of getting a good sense of how my damage will stack up against it so I dunno if I have much of a chance or not. Suppose I just need to slot in some non elemental magic damage and hope for the best.

Despite pulling on banners for nothing but that fight, I'm no where closer than I was last Fall when I started planning for it.

I'm going to end up spending $6000 dollars during the anniversary fest, I just know it.

There is nothing to gain from chasing Nemesis. You must always know when to say "fuck this fight".

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Nemesis and all CM fights are in the realm of "I'll do it if I happen to have the tools for it"
    I am never going to pull specifically to clear those kind of fights otherwise I'll turn into a very salty and sour person who really shouldn't be playing this game. Waifu/husbando hunting all the way for me as well as hilarious SB animations

On that note. Getting 5 crits with Exploding Fist with Zell's BSB crit fix is glorious

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    There is nothing to gain from chasing Nemesis. You must always know when to say "fuck this fight".

The satisfaction of clearing a difficult challenge through careful planning and strategy?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    It's more like the satisfaction of lucking into native wall, hastega, last stand and radiant shield

Lacking any one of these makes Nemesis a no-go

(I don't have radiant shield)

Beasteh on
    edited February 2017
    I have all of those, only that two of them are exclusively FFXIV so no go for Nemesis and I'm not interested in getting duplicate effects on characters I have little like for

That said, if I get Vanille's BSB for the instant Medica I may be in position to attempt Nemesis if I RW the Last-Stand or Radiant Shield

Takel on
    edited February 2017
    I have Relm BSB + Minfilia SSB for last stand
    Ramza/Serah/Papalymo/Edea/Sazh/Eiko/Relm/Tidus/Zack/Garnet/Lenna for hastega
    Y'shtola/Tyro for wall
    Only source of physical/magical blink are both on ya boy Arc

Nemesis constantly fires off aoe slow + power breakdown so reapplying hastega/boostga is top priority
    At least 2 healers is preferable

With my setup I'd probably RW radiant shield and go with Minfilia/Relm/Ramza/Vaan/Vanille, lots of spammable last stand and healing

Beasteh on
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, I don't fancy the chances of RW'ing Last Stand since it'll get eaten so often

My potential team is:
    Minfilia - Last Stand + Boostga
    Ramza/Cid - Hastega + Boostga
    Tyro - Wall. Sorry Y'shtola but I need Minfillia
    Firion - Magic Blink
    No healer BSB or instant Medica or Radiant Shield
    Getting Vanille's BSB would solve the instant Medica issue and allow for a RW Radiant. And coincidentally, Vanille's BSB is on my next banner target and it IS a SB I wanted in the first place.

Takel on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I imagine it'll be pretty much required for everyone in a Nemesis team to be 99? I should figure out my build.

Javen wrote: »
    I imagine it'll be pretty much required for everyone in a Nemesis team to be 99? I should figure out my build.

For your DPS, I'd say yes, but I'm not sure it really matters for your Last Stand/Wall users, since they're literally only there to put up SBs and get punched in the face to build up more SB gauges. Your HP doesn't really matter either, seeing as Nemesis is going to smack you with 99,999 anyways, so the Last Stand/Radiant Shield is far more important than any stats you can bring.

As long as your characters can survive the occasional ST attack (if it has any) I'm not sure it'd be worth the slog from 80 to 99.

Gi Nattak 250 down mage style.

Hit and ran to build up about a bar and a half on everyone, but the whole thing was a lot more of a slaughter than I was expecting. Hell, the soul fires didn't even possess anybody until he was down to about 33% HP. First RWed Indom Blade came close to lasting the entire battle even.

Don't have the same array of mage equipment for X or V as I do for VII though, plus not wind weak, but I don't think it should be too bad. Vanille's BSB really is fantastic, especially that res breakdown on C1.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I'm getting Relm and Minfilia to 99 in preparation, the extra stats can't hurt

Messing around with Fujin on my mage team, she enables some silly shit with the debuffs and ninja cast speeds

I also had an epiphany where I was struggling to find a good SB gauge charging RM with the other four slots on my team using Mako/Dr Mog/Ace Striker/Battleforged, turns out that TGCid's 25 seconds of Thunder God mode is ludicrous and gets SBs online as quickly as the other two with 3x cast speed abilities

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we had that discussion a while back, TGCIDMODE is pretty dope

Javen wrote: »

No. People beat it with no native guts and half the party in the 80-90 range, as well as without native guts or any form of radiant shield. They relied on things like blinks to avoid the 9999 attacks and were able to shit out ridiculous amounts of damage.

For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO6U3yHW7nM

Note the sheer amount of damage that needs to be shit out though. And the 99999 attacks at the end, which is why guts is cited as a requirement.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited February 2017
    Managed to stack Golbez to the buff hardcap and finalised my current mage team

Fujin - +40% wind, wrath/stitch in time, ace striker (BSB)
    Cid Raines - +40% holy, wrath/breakdown, battleforged (BSB)
    Golbez - +40% dark, meltdown/chain -aga, gathering storm (BSB)
    Tyro - whatever is needed/multi break, Dr Mog's Teachings (Wall)
    Yuna - Curada/proshellga, Mako Might (BSB2)

RW Vessel of Fate

2.5x MAG with that many stacking buffs makes glare hand hit for 9999 x4 and heal for 7999, and even Yuna can deal 9999 aoe every time she casts a 1700+ heal command medica, with a 9999 x4 finisher

Beasteh on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    That is a stupid good set of BSBs. Makes my Maria and Krile combo look positively quaint.

Edit: and double elemental gear for the top three, lol.

Rius on
    I can sub in Krile/Ashe/Quistis over Golbez if needed to hit weaknesses, any other mage BSB would be pure luxury but I will still go for Papa/Maria/Edea and stuff like Rapha/Fran

edited February 2017
    Three pigs 250 down too. A lot more of a grind without good AoE or equipment, but also not very dangerous. These 250s really are just a fucking tedious slog. I'll deal with Geos eventually, but I've had enough of them for a while.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.