As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Onto a comical new season

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    I feel like the MLP continuity makes the most sense if you view it through the lens of Twilight aging. Let her be 13 or 14 at the start of the series and somewhere in her mid 20's now that she is a mentor herself. Each season representing a season or two of a year as she matures into an adult. This contradicts the inconsistent age patterns they use in the series, of course. In the actual series, the ponies are all 16 plus or minus 8 as needed for that day's moral. The CMC are even more confusing, being somewhere in between first grade and high school.

We can try to apply the pattern to the rest of the Mane 6. Rarity matures from a starry eyed artist in her bedroom to a business owner; Rainbow Dash more or less trains for and attains the Olympics; Fluttershy starts...to...date? No, no, that doesn't work. Fluttershy dating Discord is basically a teenage girl mooning over a 50 year old, scuzzy sorcerer. Plus, isn't Pinkie Pie basically aging backwards as her character flanderizes? Pinkie Pie acts about six years old most the time...Also, Applejack is stuck at perpetual 30. As a mature adult with few interpersonal problems, no wonder she sees the least content.

Okay, well, the pattern works for Twilight at least!

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hey guys, forgive me for this. I just really need a high quality injection of something upbeat and happy, and ponies usually does the trick.

Since we're in the Hiatus and content and conversation have died down, how's everyone feel about a round or two of "Share your Favorite Pony Stuff"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvIyme2MU4

This is probably still my favorite PMV, even now. By today's standards it's not nearly as flashy or full of effects, but it's still awesome. Plus, it tells an actual story of sorts, which isn't common in PMVs much!

Anyone else got some favorites, or just any nostalgic content you want to dust off?

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Click the Flutters in my sig.
    I really miss SoGreatandPowerful musics.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    SoGreatandPowerful was without a doubt one of the best and most unique musicians the community ever saw. I miss their music a whole lot, too.

I still listen to the Standard Model on the regular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLIpCCVLIM

VuIBhrs.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Anyone else got some favorites, or just any nostalgic content you want to dust off?

OFlQJ19.jpg

I think it literally has dust on it by now.

Just stumbled upon this video, by chance. Old, but still super great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsS-ZH38nTU

VuIBhrs.png
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    InfamyDeferred on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Where can I watch the most recent season officially? I know that I missed the entire season, and thus discussion of it, but I would like to catch up at some point. Problem is that Netflix only has half the season, and Hulu's selection is even worse.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    edited November 2016
    Enlong wrote: »
    Where can I watch the most recent season officially? I know that I missed the entire season, and thus discussion of it, but I would like to catch up at some point. Problem is that Netflix only has half the season, and Hulu's selection is even worse.

It looks like the Google Play store has the full season six available. I'd expect that iTunes likely has it as well, though I don't use iTunes myself and can't check directly.

Also, so long as we're doing train remixes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9vjvGRbWXc

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Speaking of old favorite content, guess who's alive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXNjtwI91o

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    tumblr_ohu6wvB0qa1s0sz7go3_1280.png

Tis the season to get kissy with Chryssie over at Fluffle Puff's.

x9bx9b705etk.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I don't know why I've never looked for a pony thread here. <3
    I hope everyone is doing OK and that you have lots of love, kindness and acceptance in your lives. Please know you're worth it as well as your own love and kindness.

edited January 2017
    I don't know why I've never looked for a pony thread here. <3
    I hope everyone is doing OK and that you have lots of love, kindness and acceptance in your lives. Please know you're worth it as well as your own love and kindness.

Hey, wow. Thanks an absolute ton for this. I mean that in earnest. I don't see this kind of sentiment around the pony communities much anymore. Which makes me rather sad, because unironic, anti-cynical kindness and warmth, and acceptance, are exactly why I got deep into the show to begin with.

Serious, thanks. May you find the same!

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Ponies are OK I guess.

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    InkPotts, one of my favorite mlp based YouTube channels, is celebrating their 3 year anniversary.

https://youtu.be/SuW3RegOuIk

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, I need to walk through the toy isle more often, didn't know these existed.

X0fMelw.jpg?1

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited January 2017
    Heck yeah! I managed to snag both of those, plus the Discord, over the holidays. The Discord is particularly awesome.

q0p0hxv.jpg

There are a bunch of other Guardians of Harmony series figurines, too. Spike is a full fledged dragon. Chrysalis has... wheels, for some reason?

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    I believe IDW's basing the next MLP Annual around the GoH line so big dragon and changeling wheels may get an explanation of sorts.

• RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    InkPotts, one of my favorite mlp based YouTube channels, is celebrating their 3 year anniversary.

https://youtu.be/SuW3RegOuIk

I found InkPotts' channel when I Know Those Eyes was released, and have been obsessing over their videos and the entire soundtrack from the musical since.

The Count of Monte Cristo Musical for the curious. 5 videos so far, with the final (The Man I Used To Be) now in development.

Ooooh, on the topic of Guardians of Harmony and Chrysalis, they just revealed a new design to be released soon:

Q2ULquz.jpg

Much more in keeping with the Celestia and Nightmare Moon they've already released.

VuIBhrs.png
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Hey, wow. Thanks an absolute ton for this. I mean that in earnest. I don't see this kind of sentiment around the pony communities much anymore. Which makes me rather sad, because unironic, anti-cynical kindness and warmth, and acceptance, are exactly why I got deep into the show to begin with.

I've been fortunate enough to have had a LOT of good people in my life. While I'm not always as good a person as I wish I could be I feel it would be disrespectful to everyone who's ever been kind to me to not to my best to do the same for others. I see the generosity and acceptance in the brony fandom and want to help add to that. I also have a lot of LGBT folk in my life (I myself am pan and one of my partners is trans/ftm). I see how difficult it is for them to deal with this world due to all the hate and misunderstanding. I want to help make this world a more loving place. They are so worth that.

Maybe I'm too idealistic sometimes but I want to help make this world a kinder more accepting loving place. Maybe MLP:FiM and shows like Steven Universe won't save the world but I honestly think they're helping make it at least a little better. That's part of why I love FIM so much. That and because I identify with Rainbow and Pinkie a lot. ^//^

At any rate thank you again for your words because they mean so much.

ziddersroofurry on
    So apparently IDW's Friends Forever series is ending but the MLP comic's getting a new sister-title in April.

mpPlw9u.jpg
    My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #1
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Brenda Hickey (a & mc) • Zachary Sterling (sc) • Derek Charm (ric)

The origins of cutie marks, friendships, magic and more are available in this new ongoing series devoted to revealing the secret history of Equestria! In this opening story arc, we travel back in time to uncover the secrets of Starswirl the Bearded and his magical friends!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

edited January 2017
    Rumor is that the initial issues of Legends of Magic are a tie-in with Season 7 somehow, which is pretty neat, if true. The comic's supposed to be much more about lore and backstory than anything else we've gotten, which in my opinion is cause for excitement.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Here's hoping that they do it justice.

Rumor is that the initial issues of Legends of Magic are a tie-in with Season 7 somehow,

Wait, this thing's up to Season 7 already?

That's the traditional Star Trek limit.

Six seasons finished, seventh season confirmed incoming, and a (pony) movie set to debut near the end of this year.

(With four other movies already out, if you count the Equestria Girls ones).

It's pretty prolific, to be honest. I'm amazed at the density of conventions that are still going strong. I would've thought those would've died down by now, at the very least.

VuIBhrs.png
    Love this Legends of Magic alternative cover:

s6tg0cmt6i61.jpg

steam_sig.png
    A new Fluffle Puff is up, asking a question relevant to the events of the season finale.
    hYFpVUd.png

edited February 2017
    B1cSAjm.jpg

Thought this was worth a double-post.

Owenashi on
    edited February 2017
    Looks like Season 7 will arrive in April!
    While they haven't released any kind of official press release yet, and dates and times can and do change, as far as we are concerned, it looks like April is our month for new pony this year!

Seems about right, considering the last two seasons. Some are speculating Easter once again. Here's to hoping!

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Anyone up for seeing some of the new characters appearing in the MLP movie and who's voicing them?
    qpdjoTZ.jpg
    omOaYNX.jpg
    Ff0JKja.jpg
    cf7ZXQ9.jpg
    uIvuAJw.jpg
    qZgQJvh.png

edited February 2017
    Another movie character and actor have been revealed:
    C4hFG__UkAA5oKg.jpg

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Bunch of movie toys revealed: https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/my-little-pony-movie-toys-revealed-toy-fair

Notable points:
    - Sea pony kingdom is called Seaquestria.
    - Sea pony Spike is a pufferfish.
    - Captain Celaeno has a crystal peg-leg, which is the coolest kind.
    - GIANT ROBOT TWILIGHT SPARKLE
    - Looks like Tempest Shadow is working for the Storm King.

steam_sig.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bunch of movie toys revealed: https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/my-little-pony-movie-toys-revealed-toy-fair

Notable points:
    - Sea pony kingdom is called Seaquestria.
    - Sea pony Spike is a pufferfish.
    - Captain Celaeno has a crystal peg-leg, which is the coolest kind.

- GIANT ROBOT TWILIGHT SPARKLE
    - Looks like Tempest Shadow is working for the Storm King.

Hello! You have my attention

Edit: oh wait. You meant an actual pony robot. Not a giant robot patterned after twilight sparkle.

I am so disappointed, now.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Tons of new information out today. I'll link to some EqD articles, which seem to consolidate the information reasonably enough. Some spoilers may be within the links, so be forewarned.

Toyfair is still ongoing, so there's likely to be more information over the next few days. Hasbro really seem to be making a marketing Blitz for the movie right now. Rumor is that a trailer was shown at the Toyfair, but it hasn't been released online yet.

VuIBhrs.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    B1cSAjm.jpg

Thought this was worth a double-post.

Yes

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!