As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Okay. This is what I was waiting for.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This multiplayer is gonna run my life

6F32U1X.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Ooh the skill presets thing looks dope. I was worried for a second when they made it sound like you had only three skills.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    day one buy motherfuckers hell yeah!

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Pick people up and use them as a shield. Totally going through the game as a Sith Lord.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Okay, that looks good

but when will we get to see the gameplay?

I'm glad they finally got rid of the "only one health bar at a time, on the top of the screen" thing, which always seemed super clunky and the sort of engine quirk they could never do anything about

6F32U1X.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Also, the jump jet looks so slick.

I love games with cool mobility options.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm seeing a lot of flashy bullshit in that trailer but noticeably absent is my holographic orb son and that makes me sad (unless I missed it on the skill tree)

Assault turret got a cool upgraded look though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am probably gonna go combat/tech focused I think

Gotta get that flame thrower, gotta get that flak cannon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    THose aren't pauldrons, are they

They're just his shoulder plates, grown more gnarled and thick and twisted as he ages, the same way the keratin(?) on the line of his jaw has formed miniature horns all over the place

Pretty sure those are pauldrons

OBS6FDi.png

It's a darker shade than his arm

His bio mentions prosthetics

His right arm looks prosthetic to me. The left looks like skin.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'll focus on Energy Drain and Incinerate in Tech and then whatever Biotics look fun.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I would REALLY like to know those system requirements sooner, rather than later

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    My valuable observation about the trailer: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Watching that was a terrible mistake.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    It's interesting that even though there's not explicit classes, there's still class builds that fit into the six main ME classes, plus a seventh new class, Explorer, which is just fuck it yolo

Anyone still think this game's not coming out next month?

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    please just inject the multi directly into my veins

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Anyone still think this game's not coming out next month?

I took some days off, so I hope not

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait I'm still unclear on number of powers
    I was assuming you had three of them mapped but could still use the power wheel to select your others
    Is that not the case

edited February 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait I'm still unclear on number of powers
    I was assuming you had three of them mapped but could still use the power wheel to select your others
    Is that not the case

Basically. You'll be able to create loadouts with sets of 3. Each of those powers being mapped to a button.

But you'll be able to have multiple loadouts that you can switch between quickly.

I'm guessing this is a way to greatly reduce the amount of time you spend using the combat wheel.

Dragkonias on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    The story trailers have really not done anything for me but the gameplay sure looks like they gained a lot from the ME3 multiplayer. First thing I've seen that's made me feel excited for the new ME.

Also DEFINITELY gonna make a melee build and smash people all day

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Being able to have a variety of builds I can swap to on the fly is giving me The Secret World build vibes.

Which is like... they are putting peanut butter into my chocolate! :biggrin:

DarkPrimus on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    The story trailers have really not done anything for me but the gameplay sure looks like they gained a lot from the ME3 multiplayer. First thing I've seen that's made me feel excited for the new ME.

Also DEFINITELY gonna make a melee build and smash people all day
    Based on that video, I'm waiting for the Scott Ryder builds that use the Cloak, Sniper Rifle, and the Katana. And the armor is all black.

(I'm... half-kidding.)

sig.gif
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK. MELEE OPTIONS IN CAMPAIGN, BOYS.

So glad Logan and Iron Fist come out before this game. I'll only need to see those once (or maybe two or three times for Logan). Once this comes out I'm not sure I'll be able to spare a single fucking minute of my free time.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    my wife has booked almost two weeks off work for this so if they fuck with the release date this close to launch i will be very cross

very, very cross

like, sternly worded hand-written letter, cross

I'm pretty sure I'll be going Vanguard again for my first run.

Looking to be using mostly biotic powers mixed with combat passives.

Though I may pick up Flak Cannon cause it sounds awesome.

Someone put together an info dump baised on various Developer tweets.

Part One
    Part Two

acpRlGW.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

You can be whatever you want to be in your run.

Like, I'm sure hoping the NG+ for this game is like Mass Effect 1 where you bring your character around and just keep leveling them up to ridiculous levels.

Because having all the abilities unlocked would be hilarious.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I think it's probably time for me to jump this thread and avoid all Bioware talk for for couple of years until I am able to play this game. Enjoy it folks!

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Whoa dang, that gameplay trailer was running smooth as heck during all of that combat, and it looked like it was the console version?

Regular 60fps on consoles for such a pretty game would be the icing on an already delicious cake.

Edit: Oh wait, it may have just been youtube doing its framerate smoothing thing? Ah well, looks fantastic anyway.

Veldrin on
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Like, I'm sure hoping the NG+ for this game is like Mass Effect 1 where you bring your character around and just keep leveling them up to ridiculous levels.

I know. I'm still gonna have a biotic/combat focused build.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    so did smgs get rolled into pistols or assault rifles, because that shit was my jam

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited February 2017
    so did smgs get rolled into pistols or assault rifles, because that shit was my jam

Yeah, SMGs are pistols now for simplicity's sake.

Dragkonias on
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Whoa dang, that gameplay trailer was running smooth as heck during all of that combat, and it looked like it was the console version?

Regular 60fps on consoles for such a pretty game would be the icing on an already delicious cake.

Edit: Oh wait, it may have just been youtube doing its framerate smoothing thing? Ah well, looks fantastic anyway.
    Consoles have been confirmed locked at 30fps, PC is unlocked.

sig.gif
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

One thing about NG+ I want improved is the option to carry over minor quests like the Matriarch Writings.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Heatwave wrote: »

One thing about NG+ I want improved is the option to carry over minor quests like the Matriarch Writings.
    Yeah, Arkham Knight does that with the Riddler stuff (and your points/XP), and that's wonderful.

I mean, the difficulty can't be changed from Knightmare, but you give and you get.

sig.gif
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Someone put together an info dump baised on various Developer tweets.

Part One
    Part Two
    Peebee’s writer (who wrote the Sith Warrior storyline in SW:TOR) says that there are some similarities between Vette (SW companion) and Peebee but that Peebee is a very different character [x]

This has me way more interested in Peebee. Sith Warrior is my favourite storyline in SWTOR.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    You know, the news about SMGs makes me wonder if you can finally carry two weapons of the same type. Like, they mentioned that Milky Way weapons are projectile but Andromeda weapons tend to be directed energy- so can we carry two assault rifles from either category?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I am officially hype

Oh no, this is too early

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    You know, the news about SMGs makes me wonder if you can finally carry two weapons of the same type. Like, they mentioned that Milky Way weapons are projectile but Andromeda weapons tend to be directed energy- so can we carry two assault rifles from either category?

One of the devs confirmed on Twitter you can carry more than one weapon of the same type.

This discussion has been closed.