As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Trove

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Trove

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Trove.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    FlakMonkey87FlakMonkey87 Registered User new member
    Forever enemy lairs will be referred to as "dick towns" lol

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Well this looks dangerously playable.

• Options
    Tweezle120Tweezle120 Registered User regular
    It is a very good game for the first 40 or 50 hours, but alas the end-game content is all grindy grindy to incentivise the cashshop. I do really like it as some casual fun though and BTW: Press and Hold Square to suck up ALL nearby items at once.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Josh - So what's the deal with the popups for people subscribing/donating? I saw them show up on the stream but figured they wouldn't show up on the actual First 15 video. Thought I'd bring it up just in case it was missed.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That's an unavoidable artefact of how we're recording these, I believe. Josh may correct me.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Josh - So what's the deal with the popups for people subscribing/donating? I saw them show up on the stream but figured they wouldn't show up on the actual First 15 video. Thought I'd bring it up just in case it was missed.

I think these are the first episodes they've recorded specifically while actually streaming, so any stream-stuff that comes up is going to get recorded.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Huh. Trove has changed a good bit since I bought it... several years ago. Which is a good thing, because this game was one of the early access games that steered me clear of early access. What I "bought" was not ready to be called a game yet.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    What kind of headphones are they using? Do they mic them up to hear each other talk, too, or just the game sounds?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    That's an unavoidable artefact of how we're recording these, I believe. Josh may correct me.

Could well be. I wasn't sure since the video is reformatted from what it looks like on the stream (video taking full screen with no chat window or bottom banner and with the thumbnail moved in a bit). But then I know next to nothing about the twitchums. You'd think it'd be a setting but some brief googling didn't even find anyone ASKING how to turn it off. Which I find weird.

But not a huge deal. Mainly just asking out of curiosity. I'm really liking watching the live First 15 streams now. Of course, this means I don't get my usual treat of a F15 video to break up the Monday monotony. It's a hard life, is basically what I'm saying.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    What kind of headphones are they using? Do they mic them up to hear each other talk, too, or just the game sounds?

Trekz Titanium by Aftershokz

They're bone conduction. I'm assuming they went that route so they can hear the game stuff and hear each other and Josh as well.

• Options
    So, for this sort of production, are they listening to the game through the headphones, or video direction?

• Options
    So, for this sort of production, are they listening to the game through the headphones, or video direction?

The game.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

This question is literally asked every third first 15, should just sticky the answer at this point (@Tube)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sorry to ask a repeat question. I don't watch the first 15 too much.

Though this DID get me to reinstall Trove, which is pretty fun.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    So that game definitely looks cool.
    Especially if it forces you into the MMO world, and griefing is annulled by having the world regenerate itself (and cornerstones being linked to the player)

• Options
    There's no griefing, but there's not really much building. Your club is one minecraft chunk for you to do with what you will, and your cornerstone is like a 12 by 12 space that can go as high or low as you want. There's very little building, overall, it's mostly about grinding combat.