As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pather Panchali [Chat]

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Oh

Injustice was the comic book mortal kombat game
    Yeah OBVIOUSLY it would be awful

Also the comic book.

You people don't know what you're talking about.

dc9dc39f4ccba4fc31c24e64c16db204.jpg
    j3e1bn2oo02l.jpg

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    looking at PCs, this one has financing oh my god these terms

Monthly $42.00*
    Payoff Term 12 Years
    Total with Interest Minimum payment $3,456.84

What's the principal on that thing

$1,399

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Injustice is a good fighting game though. And the comic is a cool idea!

And superman sucks and you get to beat him up.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Injustice is a good fighting game though. And the comic is a cool idea!

And superman sucks and you get to beat him up.

Eeeeeeh

I ate an engineer
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I didn't eat an entire pizza, you ate an entire pizza

This is outrageous I haven't eaten an entire 16" pizza today

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    can any fighting game truly be called 'good'?
    (yes - Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel)

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I didn't eat an entire pizza, you ate an entire pizza

well this explains why I'm fat

but it doesn't explain why I'm still hungry

hmm

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Catvin & Hobbes?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Aw, /r/randomactsofpizza is down

can you feel the struggle within?
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    So, Twitter doesn't notify you when you get added to Lists

But you can see them if you go check your Lists from time to time, and you can remove yourself if you block the creator of those Lists

Which I do from time to time, because sometimes I end up on weird lists like "Whites Against Whites" or "Known Antifa" or whatever, because there are dumb people who are otherwise my friends that are guilty of screenshotting my tweets that have my god damn real fucking name on them and reposting them, because "Oh but your Twitter is private and if I just retweet it nobody but our mutual friends will see it"

Yes, this is intentional I don't want all the weird lunatics that follow you to see my shit and put me on their fucked up lists. That's why my twitter is private in the first fucking place. Don't fucking screenshot my tweets, jesus christ, that level of effort you are putting into it should be a sign you're doing something stupid.

Anyway, point of this story is in trimming my lists of weird shit I realized I was on a list called "penny-arrrcaaade" with 116 members, that had no listed creator. When I go to click on the list, it throws an error message. I'm like... the fuck? If I hit refresh, the list is gone. If I hit refresh again, the list is back! It's the weirdest fucking shit.

So I did a little bit of sleuthing, in that I punched "penny-arrrcaaade" into google and found a post by Henroid from 2010 talking about this list. Except it wasn't Henroid who made the list, it was someone named @auldor... who is now suspended from Twitter, and I can't find anything about this person, and the only way to remove yourself from a list is to block the creator.

It's super weird and buggy and I don't know if I should file a bug report to twitter about it or what.

Is anyone else on this weird list? It's a PA thing, and it came up in chat five years ago, and it has 116 members, so presumably some chat people are on it.

Who is @auldor?

The real terrible DC game was their blatant ripoff MOBA where they stole League's Dominion mode and Smite's item style wholesale, along with derivative heroes.

But they also like... either couldn't get the rights to Actual Batman, or wanted to save him for some big reveal? So they just had like three alt universe batmen; victorian batman, steampunk batman, etc. It was dumb.

I ate an engineer
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    As we once again approach page 100 and the inevitable clash between the robot and myself continues, I am making it known that I will once again abide by the robot's decision.

For thirteen minutes.

And then I will be forced to take matters into my own hands.

It's not something I want to do, you understand. I do it for the good people of [chat], and for the benefit of [chat]kind.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hi [chat]. My furnace seems to have died last night. Earliest anyone can get out to look at it is Wednesday.

Yay, cold!

:P

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    As we once again approach page 100 and the inevitable clash between the robot and myself continues, I am making it known that I will once again abide by the robot's decision.

For thirteen minutes.

It's not something I want to do, you understand. I do it for the good people of [chat], and for the benefit of [chat]kind.

The warming of the artic will eventually decide this fight.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Going to Germany in August, yay.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The real terrible DC game was their blatant ripoff MOBA where they stole League's Dominion mode and Smite's item style wholesale, along with derivative heroes.

But they also like... either couldn't get the rights to Actual Batman, or wanted to save him for some big reveal? So they just had like three alt universe batmen; victorian batman, steampunk batman, etc. It was dumb.

It was made by turbine which is owned by warner brothers. They absolutely had the rights to batman

Pony wrote: »
    So, Twitter doesn't notify you when you get added to Lists

But you can see them if you go check your Lists from time to time, and you can remove yourself if you block the creator of those Lists

Which I do from time to time, because sometimes I end up on weird lists like "Whites Against Whites" or "Known Antifa" or whatever, because there are dumb people who are otherwise my friends that are guilty of screenshotting my tweets that have my god damn real fucking name on them and reposting them, because "Oh but your Twitter is private and if I just retweet it nobody but our mutual friends will see it"

Yes, this is intentional I don't want all the weird lunatics that follow you to see my shit and put me on their fucked up lists. That's why my twitter is private in the first fucking place. Don't fucking screenshot my tweets, jesus christ, that level of effort you are putting into it should be a sign you're doing something stupid.

Anyway, point of this story is in trimming my lists of weird shit I realized I was on a list called "penny-arrrcaaade" with 116 members, that had no listed creator. When I go to click on the list, it throws an error message. I'm like... the fuck? If I hit refresh, the list is gone. If I hit refresh again, the list is back! It's the weirdest fucking shit.

So I did a little bit of sleuthing, in that I punched "penny-arrrcaaade" into google and found a post by Henroid from 2010 talking about this list. Except it wasn't Henroid who made the list, it was someone named @auldor... who is now suspended from Twitter, and I can't find anything about this person, and the only way to remove yourself from a list is to block the creator.

It's super weird and buggy and I don't know if I should file a bug report to twitter about it or what.

Is anyone else on this weird list? It's a PA thing, and it came up in chat five years ago, and it has 116 members, so presumably some chat people are on it.

Who is @auldor?

No list or collab feature should ever let you add somebody non-consensually. Hell, it probably shouldn't even let you ask if you aren't already friends/connected.

I ate an engineer
    Ludious wrote: »

It was made by turbine which is owned by warner brothers. They absolutely had the rights to batman

I meant maybe they didn't get approval to use Actual Batman in a game where you ran around killing other heroes, or something.

I ate an engineer
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Wished pizza delivery dudes would hand me the receipt to sign first before giving me my order.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    udLRu62.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    Oh man, I'm on a lot of Twitter lists I had no idea

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

It was kind of a shame cause it actually wasn't a bad idea. And the 2D art pieces for the characters were awesome. The game was simply too much of a johnny come lately though and didn't bring anything big to the table.

Trace wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

For thirteen minutes.

The warming of the artic will eventually decide this fight.

Excuse me we have been known to survive as far south as the near-temperate waters of southern Maine thank you very much

Six wrote: »

Sexy robots.
    Futurama roleplayers
    Robots against Robots
    Supports Proposition Infinity
    Overrated actors

Etc...

I ate an engineer
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Wished pizza delivery dudes would hand me the receipt to sign first before giving me my order.

HOW HAVE DELIVERY DRIVERS NOT FIGURED THIS OUT YET?

vRyue2p.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Falafel and a spinach salad for lunch. Also hummus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I am old enough to remember when MOBAs were the big gold rush that led to a ton of failed games.

What is the next big gold rush going to be after sandbox survival games?

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

It was in open beta longer than it was officially released. Rip

edited February 2017
    cptrugged wrote: »

It was kind of a shame cause it actually wasn't a bad idea. And the 2D art pieces for the characters were awesome. The game was simply too much of a johnny come lately though and didn't bring anything big to the table.

I mean, it didn't even have anything cohesive about it, which is the thing. Heroes of Newerth was super derivative but at least it felt cohesive and like it was designed to provide a certain (DotA variant) experience. The DC MobA was just a train wreck where nobody had a clear role and, like, multiple heroes had laning skills even though they launched with only a Dominion mode.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    had the naked chicken chalupa
    not bad
    this is my life

Sexy robots.
    Futurama roleplayers
    Robots against Robots
    Overrated actors

Etc...

So this is all your fault, clearly.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Sexy robots.
    Futurama roleplayers
    Robots against Robots
    Overrated actors

Etc...

Sevenophobics
    Things that are the same as a half dozen

vRyue2p.png
    Ludious wrote: »

I meant maybe they didn't get approval to use Actual Batman in a game where you ran around killing other heroes, or something.

I think it was more they were saving him. That game was cancelled so fast. Like I remember the gobs of money they spent on booths at PAX then bam gone.

It almost felt like some exec at WB was like "Turbine, you do those mmo games right? Make us a league of legends." And turbine was like "Well a MOBA isn't really what we've done before..".

"LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. NOW."

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I am old enough to remember when MOBAs were the big gold rush that led to a ton of failed games.

I think we are at the back end of that. Conan, Ark, and Rust are the big boys now. But there have been many kind of terrible ones.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

One time a female delivery driver actually handed my receipt first on a clipboard with a pen it was awesome.

Mazzyx wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

I think we are at the back end of that. Conan, Ark, and Rust are the big boys now. But there have been many kind of terrible ones.

So when do we get some good ones?

ohhhhhhh.gif

vRyue2p.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I did it again
    No oops!

Are you kidding, this is the highest form of flattery!

"Yes, I will take this food into my home and out of your sight, and then I will consider the subject of paying you for it. I will consider it."

This discussion has been closed.