As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - A Big, Big Love

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - A Big, Big Love

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    "shoot these guys" - yea, I've played Space Invaders dude.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I played a couple of rounds of Gigantic now and I think they are kinda overselling how different it is.

It's a team based character shooter where you hold nodes and get kills to be able to attack the enemy base.

That those nodes and bases have a cool monster theme doesn't really make it harder to understand mechanically.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I played a couple of rounds of Gigantic now and I think they are kinda overselling how different it is.

It's a team based character shooter where you hold nodes and get kills to be able to attack the enemy base.

That those nodes and bases have a cool monster theme doesn't really make it harder to understand mechanically.

What about the avian disdain? How does that factor in?

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Well when people regularly compare it to Smite and Dota, yeah it's a bit different.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I keep watching them stream Gigantic, and they're fucking brainwashing me. I actually came really close to downloading it, even though I knew I would be awful at it. Like, bad enough to make other people quit videogames (plural intended).

Ultimately, that's what keeps me from doing it. I wish there were designated "scrub league" server or servers. Ones where it's considering totally fine to go and embarrass yourself and where letting your team down is impossible because there are no expectations other than to not quit out during the matchmaking (a problem with the regular game, I've seen).

• Options
    kakitamikekakitamike OhioRegistered User regular
    All my time spent with Gigantic was me trying to remember what episode of looney toons Lord Knossos's run animation was lifted from.

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I keep watching them stream Gigantic, and they're fucking brainwashing me. I actually came really close to downloading it, even though I knew I would be awful at it. Like, bad enough to make other people quit videogames (plural intended).

Ultimately, that's what keeps me from doing it. I wish there were designated "scrub league" server or servers. Ones where it's considering totally fine to go and embarrass yourself and where letting your team down is impossible because there are no expectations other than to not quit out during the matchmaking (a problem with the regular game, I've seen).

Yeah it would be nice if video games played for recreation and fun weren't taking so seriously. People shouldn't be berated/harassed for being poor/new. But I also understand were you are coming from, in the social anxiety sense.

• Options
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    Yeah it would be nice if video games played for recreation and fun weren't taking so seriously. People shouldn't be berated/harassed for being poor/new. But I also understand were you are coming from, in the social anxiety sense.

Maybe we can convince Jerry to set up a league just for folks like us and him. He could call it Jerry's K... err... on second thought.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Ah good. The comic title that should have been 2 strips ago. I almost emailed in given that they've recently changed the strip title a few time already when people did that.

Still would have worked better on the previous comic that was about implied dongs.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    kakitamike wrote: »
    All my time spent with Gigantic was me trying to remember what episode of looney toons Lord Knossos's run animation was lifted from.

Bully for Bugs maybe?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCQuiq6eOo

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Bigg ShruggzBigg Shruggz Registered User new member
    Thank you for the Pixies based joke. It made my day, albeit into a shady place. Let's have a ball.

• Options
    kakitamike wrote: »

Bully for Bugs maybe?

Getting more of a What's Opera, Doc vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDcWAWRRHo