As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]ing from home

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    in which I torture pony
    Bad Horse: i am about to start watching this week's episode of supergirl
    Bad Horse: in which mr. mxyzptlk shows up
    Bad Horse: and declares his love for supergirl
    jacobkosh: hahahaha
    Bad Horse: because this show wraps its arms around the silver age in a loving, warm hug
    Bad Horse: and doesn't let go
    jacobkosh: god can you imagine the snyderverse doing him
    Bad Horse: jesus
    Bad Horse: JESUS
    Bad Horse: i don't want to
    jacobkosh: he'd be an emissary from the juggalo dimension or something
    Bad Horse: oh my fucking god

rRwz9.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That would be the best way for the whole North Korea situation to resolve itself ever.

Kim broadcasting on State programming that Americans aren't Nazis and Communism is a sham would be good, too.

I mean...

fuck gendered marketing
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That would be the best way for the whole North Korea situation to resolve itself ever.

Kim broadcasting on State programming that Americans aren't Nazis and Communism is a sham would be good, too.

I mean...

yeah my brain immediately went there

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I've pretty much determined that it's just the connection. I have nothing on my computer taking up bandwidth, and I'm plugged directly into the modem, so the router is out of the picture. Speedtest says I'm only getting 3-4 Mbps. According to my internet package, I should be getting 10.

Fuckin' lame.

vRyue2p.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Viruses just die right away

What is dead may never die

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    A reminder that Aubrey Plaza's character in Legion was written for a kind of creepy middle aged man and she insisted they not change the character at all

some people don't like her in Legion

and they are wrong

override367 on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    really good readily available beer for guests?

Shiner bock, Hans pils, I dunno your garbage state probably doesn't have my cool Austin brews

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    lol this chat bot is awkward, as they often are, but I love what happened at the end of my conversation.

VH: hmm, it looks like i'm only getting 3-4 Mbps instead of 10. I know it says "up to" but i usually get more than that, is something going on in my area?
    Thomas: The actual speeds aren't guaranteed since a variety of external factors can affect your Internet experience. Many factors can affect speed including area usage or modem.
    Thomas: I’m sorry you are experiencing issues with your Xfinity Internet service. All technical issues with Xfinity Service are handled by our Technical Support Chat Agents.
    VH: gotcha, thanks
    Thomas: I can help direct you to our Technical chat team who can assist you with a resolution. Are you ok with me sending you to the appropriate webpage to connect to that group?
    VH: no thank you
    Thomas: I respect your decision.

Thanks, "Thomas", at least SOMEONE respects my decisions.

vRyue2p.png
    A reminder that Aubrey Plaza's character in Legion was written for a kind of creepy middle aged man and she insisted they not change the character at all

some people don't like her in Legion

and they are wrong

Ok now I'm sold

fuck gendered marketing
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I thought it was a similar variety by omegang?

sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    vh is 10 megabits the best option you have, in a fairly urban part of chicago? that is crazy and really sucks, i'm sorry

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    john c mcginley or someone who looks exactly like him plays a cop in the people vs oj simpson

but he has no lines so far, just on screen during a couple of quick cuts. makes no sense that it'd be him but it's his face.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

ommegang was my favorite i'd had before moving to colorado (maybe still?), which is what taught me that i think i'm the least turned off by strong/stouty stuff like oatmeal, coffee, chocolate

would you have bought ommegang? i thought it was a NB thing you bought

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    vh is 10 megabits the best option you have, in a fairly urban part of chicago? that is crazy and really sucks, i'm sorry

look away chu

he's already dead slash slowly uploading his next post

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @Organichu
    Ragnar Volaris has left this world

Well I get 90Mbps down, so it's not too bad, and 10 is sufficient for streaming if I'm actually getting it.

Apparently we're getting (have?) gigabit pretty soon, so hopefully I can get in on that, although it'll be a lot more expensive.

Unfortunately the other options in my area are all under 50Mbps down, so I'm stuck with Comcast for now.

vRyue2p.png
    It is v difficult to tell the difference between a chatbot and a human responding from a script

fuck gendered marketing
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @desc so Caitlynn and I spend some time this afternoon messing around with The Veil and put together the character she'll be playing when Berlin 2060 finally gets off the ground. Elodie, the Honorbound, an immigrant from France who's lived in Berlin for a few years. She works as the enforcer for the institution, the sole authority behind the enforcement of Giri in Berlin. Their headquarters is this huge, imposing structure which is way out of place in the old section of Berlin - think an Egyptian tomb mixed with a Zen temple, heiroglyphs, stone gardens, holoscreens everywhere.

We established two of the key aspects of Giri in Berlin, and the punishment for failing to live up to your duty: if you fail to repay someone for employing you, you're imprisoned, and if you fail to repay someone who protected you from harm, it's the death penalty. It's harsh, but you get fair notice - paperwork's gotta be filed and a subpoena has to be issued and read by the target before Elodie is sent to take them in (or down).

her tools of the trade are a sniper rifle and a particle garrote

She's pretty much gone full cyborg in the desire to fulfill her role as enforcer, including eyes with a HUD, magnifying and thermo-optic capabilities

Have I mentioned I really like The Veil yet

cuz I do

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It is v difficult to tell the difference between a chatbot and a human responding from a script

Especially if they have canned responses

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I wrote maybe a thousand words towards this journal article today and I'm not sure I'm actually saying anything or if any of it is worth keeping

this academic life...

oh durr i totally forgot we were talking upstream

oh durr i totally forgot we were talking upstream

oh my god hahaha you thought that was my download?

yes that would be appalling for a place anywhere near Chicago

vRyue2p.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    @desc so Caitlynn and I spend some time this afternoon messing around with The Veil and put together the character she'll be playing when Berlin 2060 finally gets off the ground. Elodie, the Honorbound, an immigrant from France who's lived in Berlin for a few years. She works as the enforcer for the institution, the sole authority behind the enforcement of Giri in Berlin. Their headquarters is this huge, imposing structure which is way out of place in the old section of Berlin - think an Egyptian tomb mixed with a Zen temple, heiroglyphs, stone gardens, holoscreens everywhere.

We established two of the key aspects of Giri in Berlin, and the punishment for failing to live up to your duty: if you fail to repay someone for employing you, you're imprisoned, and if you fail to repay someone who protected you from harm, it's the death penalty. It's harsh, but you get fair notice - paperwork's gotta be filed and a subpoena has to be issued and read by the target before Elodie is sent to take them in (or down).

She's pretty much gone full cyborg in the desire to fulfill her role as enforcer, including eyes with a HUD, magnifying and thermo-optic capabilities

cuz I do

Damn, that's cool...

do any of your other players have characters lined up yet?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

ommegang was my favorite i'd had before moving to colorado (maybe still?), which is what taught me that i think i'm the least turned off by strong/stouty stuff like oatmeal, coffee, chocolate

Certainly you had both those beers at my house. Sounds like maybe I had some 1554 lying around and then at some point you suggested ommegang and I bought it

sig.gif
    credeiki wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

cuz I do

Damn, that's cool...

do any of your other players have characters lined up yet?

Listen at the moment my "players" consist of Caitlynn (who I have owed a game to for years now) and faint hopes that a group will emerge

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    More like 10 megaBUTTS

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

Yeah but a chatbot has to tell you they're a chatbot if you ask its the law

Certainly you had both those beers at my house. Sounds like maybe I had some 1554 lying around and then at some point you suggested ommegang and I bought it

beer chan...

i will try beer again every 5 years starting on my 30th birthday

when i am 100 i will drink a whole keg whether i like it or not

Like 19 people in my department

I'm the only dude

Sexism!

Previous department I think I'm the only dude they'd ever hired

I guess I'm just weird

May not go into work tomorrow and just go see movies

Yeah duck work

i don't get another paid day off for six months qq

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    in which I torture pony
    Bad Horse: i am about to start watching this week's episode of supergirl
    Bad Horse: in which mr. mxyzptlk shows up
    Bad Horse: and declares his love for supergirl
    jacobkosh: hahahaha
    Bad Horse: because this show wraps its arms around the silver age in a loving, warm hug
    Bad Horse: and doesn't let go
    jacobkosh: god can you imagine the snyderverse doing him
    Bad Horse: jesus
    Bad Horse: JESUS
    Bad Horse: i don't want to
    jacobkosh: he'd be an emissary from the juggalo dimension or something
    Bad Horse: oh my fucking god

I showed this to husband, who is a bit of a Superman fan.

We're still laughing.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.

You want my job every day is paid day off basically

Yes I do that sounds wonderful

Yes I do that sounds wonderful

First step get entry level job working for execs

Take on 9/13 amidst chaos and be super on point and not an idiot though you're making slave $14/hr wages

Get promoted

Have all future bosses immediately leave and just like fill in for people but either automate or not do rote things

Success you're me

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I think I might have a new long-term girlfriend.

My dessicated frozen heart feels a barely perceptible tingle of excitement.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    It's hard knowing you can do the work of maybe 4 of your colleagues if you wanted but channel that into seeing movies and always answering questions you shouldn't know about but YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING LISTEN AND ARE CURIOUS so you're seen as a golden God

Always show them how to get this info and be ignored generally so you're still useful even as you continually try to be as non useful as possible like you're cursed by some Greek god

Ok @Organichu

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't have a new girlfriend, and haven't dated at all in 2017. Brothers, I think we need solidarity. Either I get a new girlfriend, or none of us get a girlfriend. Let us struggle as a collective.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    It's really really important that the more useless you try to be the more they need you

Also boss has to say you're awesome but ignore you

This discussion has been closed.