As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• YallYall Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Does gruel spoil ?

I'm a few levels from starting capturing thrills (all my levels went of house stuff) but I have a pile of seeds, so can start stockpiling gruel, as long as it doesn't spoil.

Also, how does the clan work ? Can everyone access everyone's home and stuff ? Or can you mark boxes, etc, as clan-only ?

Everyone had full access. It's pretty sweet assuming everyone isn't a total douchebag. What's your in-game name? We can probably get you an invite tonight.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Wow, your OP has given me more information about this game than most of the blogsphere and streams I've watched. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What's the general PvP atmosphere of this Conan server?

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    hey guys just a heads up, you can pierce people's nipples. Are bodies left on logout? because I think I'm going to beak into everyones fort and pierce their nipples while they sleep.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've been playing in their single player mode. Only level 7 right now but I'm really liking this game so far. Yes, it's super early access, yes it has some bug and missing animations and things. But I'm already impressed by what is here.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Does gruel spoil ?

I'm a few levels from starting capturing thrills (all my levels went of house stuff) but I have a pile of seeds, so can start stockpiling gruel, as long as it doesn't spoil.

Also, how does the clan work ? Can everyone access everyone's home and stuff ? Or can you mark boxes, etc, as clan-only ?

Everyone had full access. It's pretty sweet assuming everyone isn't a total douchebag. What's your in-game name? We can probably get you an invite tonight.

I'm Mark in-game - I'll be on in 20 mins or so.

Hopefully I can get my forge tonight...

SniperGuy wrote: »
    What's the general PvP atmosphere of this Conan server?

If you're referring to the server in the OP it's been mostly friendly and free of griefers and racist jerks. Plus the server is fairly new and traffic is still in its infancy. In short there hasn't been much PvP action. I suspect that may change a bit but that's why we're trying to get the clan membership up as well.

Does gruel spoil ?

Oh snap! Sorry we chased you off the cliff! We didn't realize it was you.

By the way, I did grab your stuff but with you not on the voice chat I didn't want to give away our base location to arrange a handoff. We'll get you added tonight provided the admin is on.

Does gruel spoil ?

By the way, I did grab your stuff but with you not on the voice chat I didn't want to give away our base location to arrange a handoff. We'll get you added tonight provided the admin is on.

Thanks anyway, but I've decided to quit that server - that Tama guy has pretty much ruined it for me - I'll play solo.

Hope you guys enjoy yourselves, but PVP griefing bullshit isn't for me.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Does gruel spoil ?

Thanks anyway, but I've decided to quit that server - that Tama guy has pretty much ruined it for me - I'll play solo.

You can just over his "wall".

Norgoth wrote: »
    Does gruel spoil ?

That's one of his walls - he built a second one across the little canyon which is the back way in to where I had build my forge, meaning I have to go all the way around when I want to go mine for coal and iron.

Plus I'm sure he'll realise that and add a few blocks on the right hand side, meaning he's blocking off my route to the North, unless I want to relocate again further East and find a new way North.

The game is dangerous enough without having to take three mile fucking detours to get coal or iron.

Shit, with the hyenas and emus, and the occasional rhino and spider, I only made it up there 80% of the time anyway - hence my shorter route, which he blocked off when he found out about it.

He basically invalidated 23 hours of playtime, and I just haven't got enough free time to waste just because some griefer enjoys ruining things for other people.

Does gruel spoil ?

That's one of his walls - he built a second one across the little canyon which is the back way in to where I had build my forge, meaning I have to go all the way around when I want to go mine for coal and iron.

Plus I'm sure he'll realise that and add a few blocks on the right hand side, meaning he's blocking off my route to the North, unless I want to relocate again further East and find a new way North.

The game is dangerous enough without having to take three mile fucking detours to get coal or iron.

Shit, with the hyenas and emus, and the occasional rhino and spider, I only made it up there 80% of the time anyway - hence my shorter route, which he blocked off when he found out about it.

He basically invalidated 23 hours of playtime, and I just haven't got enough free time to waste just because some griefer enjoys ruining things for other people.

I can't speak for the server admin, but there is a good chance that dude will have his wall removed and an equally good chance he'll get removed from the server. I'd hate to see you get run off by someone who might not be there in a few hours.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Saw/met a few of you on my server ! Awesome. For the record, yes my server is a bit more casual. PVP is turned on, but you dont drop your equipment on death, and owned structures are invulnerable. So you won't log in to find someone has wiped you out while you sleep. So i'd say if you want a more casual explorer/builder experience my server is probably the better choice of the two. If you want more hardcore/pvp then the OP server is closer to what you want.

Connection Info: 167.114.117.43:27083Connect
    Query Info: 167.114.117.43:27084

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/804539

Thats the info I have, since others had some difficulty earlier. There is no longer a password, but it doesn't seem to matter, not many randoms wandering in. When it comes to griefers I am pretty quick to remove them. Stuff like that wall I hear about def would not fly on my server.

Coincidentally I also could use another admin hahaha.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Does gruel spoil ?

It does but at a much slower rate than meat.

Having fun with Mal on Elimination's server, found a nice place to put a depot and then ended up making it my main base. Also our thralled archer is not a fan of Elim and peppers arrows from a distance so I had to put him away.

Does gruel spoil ?

I can't speak for the server admin, but there is a good chance that dude will have his wall removed and an equally good chance he'll get removed from the server. I'd hate to see you get run off by someone who might not be there in a few hours.

If the wall gets knocked down, I'll jump back in, I'll wait and see what happens.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I found a cave filled with tiny trolls? and a bunch of red glowing crystals.

Is that used for anything?

Just wandering where to setup my next base once I've finished my current beach house.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    nothing afaik @Mortious , I found one filled with mutants and I went way down there, they just kept spawning every few seconds. No treasures or anything else. also i don't really think the original server is a hardcore pvp zone thing from what I had seen, not sure why it has that label exactly.

edit: also there is a plan in place to knock his walls down so that will be happening sooner than later.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    Does this game have flying mounts or any way of quickly navigating the map?

nothing afaik @Mortious , I found one filled with mutants and I went way down there, they just kept spawning every few seconds. No treasures or anything else. also i don't really think the original server is a hardcore pvp zone thing from what I had seen, not sure why it has that label exactly.

edit: also there is a plan in place to knock his walls down so that will be happening sooner than later.

Yeah the wall thing is being addressed as we speak @M-Vickers

Yeah the wall thing is being addressed as we speak @M-Vickers

Cool, I'll pop back on tomorrow night.

• PhantPhant Registered User regular
    So is there a clan of the PA folks on the server? I'm at like, level 8 and right now I'm pretty stumped for anything meaningful to do while I wait for my levels to go up, I could probably gather some resources or whatever for stuff.

• tamahawkstamahawks Registered User new member
    Hi! I'm Tamahawks. aka as every known name under the sun when it comes to this server. I destroyed Both walls that were up due to people whining and complaining about a level 1 wall that could be easily torn down, 1 of which you could literally walk right through. People are obviously too lazy to even look at the whole picture and presume it's completely sealed. How do you intend on surviving on a pvp server if you can't even handle the environment? no offense, but people like the ones that have been complaining about my works on the server should really be on solo servers or pve ones. We came to this server because we were invited here by a friend. We have NOT done anything to grief people. that's the fact. when we raid people we give them time to get back on their feet. it's a game people we're here to have fun. It's also not our fault that people are complaining that we're picking on them because they're running solo on a server that can host upto 10 clanmates. I'm not sure how much the server holds because i have the command prompt that whenever i log into the game it brings me right to the server without even so much as clicking anything. I HAVE SAID and will also back up, that if we need more space on the server I do NOT mind helping out with donations. As for what our clan is going to be doing in the near future because Oh so many of you are interested in the workings of our clan, we're going to be building an arena for those of you who are actually interested in pvp events. We own this server (in context of materials, thralls people in clan ect) we will also host an event, that we bring EVERYONE on the server together to enjoy the PvE experience of things. An event where people can come together across the server and enjoy doing dungeons with the company of others. This is not something we're implementing right this week from our clan nor is it an official server event. (unless they want to keep the ball rolling) This message has been brought to you from the royal 7.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Well there goes the desire to buy and play the game that's been building the past few days. Very convenient, now I can wait for either a price drop or a better server setup.

tamahawks wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Tamahawks. aka as every known name under the sun when it comes to this server. I destroyed Both walls that were up due to people whining and complaining about a level 1 wall that could be easily torn down, 1 of which you could literally walk right through. People are obviously too lazy to even look at the whole picture and presume it's completely sealed. How do you intend on surviving on a pvp server if you can't even handle the environment? no offense, but people like the ones that have been complaining about my works on the server should really be on solo servers or pve ones. We came to this server because we were invited here by a friend. We have NOT done anything to grief people. that's the fact. when we raid people we give them time to get back on their feet. it's a game people we're here to have fun. It's also not our fault that people are complaining that we're picking on them because they're running solo on a server that can host upto 10 clanmates. I'm not sure how much the server holds because i have the command prompt that whenever i log into the game it brings me right to the server without even so much as clicking anything. I HAVE SAID and will also back up, that if we need more space on the server I do NOT mind helping out with donations. As for what our clan is going to be doing in the near future because Oh so many of you are interested in the workings of our clan, we're going to be building an arena for those of you who are actually interested in pvp events. We own this server (in context of materials, thralls people in clan ect) we will also host an event, that we bring EVERYONE on the server together to enjoy the PvE experience of things. An event where people can come together across the server and enjoy doing dungeons with the company of others. This is not something we're implementing right this week from our clan nor is it an official server event. (unless they want to keep the ball rolling) This message has been brought to you from the royal 7.

Hi - I'm Mark on the server.

Please explain to me how building a giant wall across an access route to part of the map isn't griefing. And then asking for payment to get through.

And then, when I point out I have a back way in, and am in process of building stairs to it to bypass your wall, building a SECOND wall to block off this access.

This isn't PVP behaviour - it's not raiding or going to war against a rival clan for resources, it's just being a goose.

What was the rest of the plan ? To wall off every valley or cave and charge access ?

If you were building a fort further up North to push further into the map I wouldn't have had a problem , but that wasn't the case.

You don't own the server - it was started someone else, and we'll abide by their vision of what they want it to be. I joined a PVP server because that was the way it was set up, and I liked the description of how things were - PvE

I get enough shit in work for 8 hours a day that I like to come home and relax - not go online and cause grief for other people.

But it's clear we have very different ideas of what we want from this game.

I'm popping back online in a bit before work, but if this continues, then yes - I guess I'll have to start over on a PvE server.

Thanks for taking down the walls when asked as I've said, I have no trouble sharing space.

Aistan wrote: »
    Well there goes the desire to buy and play the game that's been building the past few days. Very convenient, now I can wait for either a price drop or a better server setup.

I wouldn't let the above exchange put you off - things have been 100% great until recently, it was just this one incident.

I looks like this has been resolved, so I would still recommend getting it - it's a fun game, and the people on the server are great.

• tamahawkstamahawks Registered User new member
    have you even been up north? there is a monstrosity of a base there.. wake up sunshine :) done wasting breath on you.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

I wouldn't let the above exchange put you off - things have been 100% great until recently, it was just this one incident.

I looks like this has been resolved, so I would still recommend getting it - it's a fun game, and the people on the server are great.

There's also more than one server to choose from. Theres like 800 in the list.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    Phant wrote: »
    So is there a clan of the PA folks on the server? I'm at like, level 8 and right now I'm pretty stumped for anything meaningful to do while I wait for my levels to go up, I could probably gather some resources or whatever for stuff.

There is, we'll have to see about about getting you an invite.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have started construction of a watchtower near the entrance of the PA fort.

It's not done yet, as I need some more skill points to unlock some options, so it's looking a bit square.

The idea is to shove some archer thralls in there to compliment the ones on the main fort, but if it's messing with your aesthetic vision feel free to recycle it for the stone.

It's mostly just a leveling up project.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Mortious wrote: »
    I have started construction of a watchtower near the entrance of the PA fort.

It's not done yet, as I need some more skill points to unlock some options, so it's looking a bit square.

The idea is to shove some archer thralls in there to compliment the ones on the main fort, but if it's messing with your aesthetic vision feel free to recycle it for the stone.

It's mostly just a leveling up project.

Just be aware that he archers can't shoot over the low walls, so leave the top flat.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Geth, kick @tamahawks from the thread

If you're going to act like that you can haunt someone else's community

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @tamahawks banned from this thread.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Hmm, I missed seeing this thread earlier. I bought Conan at launch and played a lot on a friend's server with like 3 or 4 people, mostly just exploring and trying stuff out. I might've joined you guys, but it sounds like there have been some pvp shenanigans which tend to put me off. People say games like this are made to be pvp but I just enjoy leveling and building with friends. And from what I understand this is a hard game to get into a server late in the game, as all the prime building spots are taken, or people leave foundations around to prevent building.

On my friend's server I built a castle I'm pretty happy with in the far north, though I've burnt out a little on the game before I was able to totally finish/furnish it. First I planned it out in Fortify, which was originally made for Rust but it has similar building blocks to this game:

gtkhNTZ.png?1

Let me tell you, doing an irregularly angled building like that and getting it to connect with itself can be a nightmare. Took a lot of tweaking to get it like that. The long bar ending at the bottom left is where it doesn't quite match up perfectly, but it's really close to the point it doesn't matter.

I can't take current screenshots of it just now, but here's one from when it was less complete:

ex7T4e2.jpg?1

All the smaller towers have pointed roofs, and they're all different heights which makes it look more interesting.

Also, I didn't even know this when I started building, but shrines to each god have to be a certain distance from each other...turns out the three big towers are just far enough apart to build one to each god on top.

I want to do a central keep as well, rising out above the walls.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Man. That castle looks awesome. I hope my friends and I are able to build stuff that awesome.

We're planning on just playing on a private singleplayer server. Hopefully we can get that working properly.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I can't imagine how long it must take to mine all the stone for that

That's a good point. I come from Ark, and in Ark, you can speed up gathering by using dinosaurs. For example, and Ankylosaur will generate a high amount of stone and metal if you swing its tail at rocks.

Is there anything like that in Conan? Higher "tier" ways of gathering that speed up the process? Obviously not dinos in this game, but maybe something functionally similar?

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    I can't imagine how long it must take to mine all the stone for that

My friend's server has resource gathering turned up a little, it might be 1.4x or even 2x, I forget. And higher tiers of equipment gather more per swing (double and then more than triple) which is awesome. I get 20 or 22 stone per swing. And I've put quite a few points into encumbrance to carry it all.

I should also say, that's all tier 2 building, made of bricks and iron reinforcements, which does take a really long time to assemble. I can't imagine doing it in tier 3, that would be nuts, the amount of ichor required to make the consolidant...

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    That's a good point. I come from Ark, and in Ark, you can speed up gathering by using dinosaurs. For example, and Ankylosaur will generate a high amount of stone and metal if you swing its tail at rocks.

Is there anything like that in Conan? Higher "tier" ways of gathering that speed up the process? Obviously not dinos in this game, but maybe something functionally similar?

Iron and steel tools increase yield from resources.