As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Constructive Feedback - East 2016

124»

• Options
    Starr_szStarr_sz Gamer's Mom NJRegistered User regular
    I had a blast with my 3 teenagers....can't wait for PaxEast2017. Question: When do the dates typically get announced? I would like to book a closer hotel this year. We missed the shuttles a lot, taxi rides started to add up!

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    It's been kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes they're announced right after the show ends (more true in the past than now), sometimes it's just before badges go on sale (like next South). All of this year's show dates were put in the South program.

Oh, and the BCEC calendar doesn't list it either, but you could see what ~week long gaps there are in the BCEC's calendar in March/April (that aren't next to the Boston Marathon, very important) and guess the dates from that.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Starr_szStarr_sz Gamer's Mom NJRegistered User regular
    Thanks, Whypick1. That's so funny, I looked at the calendar this morning, remembered that last year the dates were announced but not on their calendar, and I tried today to anticipate when PAX East 2017 would be but too many open weekends. Thanks though. We only went on Sunday in 2014 and all 3 days this year so it is definitely worth getting a close hotel for the weekend.
    whypick1 wrote: »
    It's been kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes they're announced right after the show ends (more true in the past than now), sometimes it's just before badges go on sale (like next South). All of this year's show dates were put in the South program.

Oh, and the BCEC calendar doesn't list it either, but you could see what ~week long gaps there are in the BCEC's calendar in March/April (that aren't next to the Boston Marathon, very important) and guess the dates from that.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    This came up in another thread, but what type (merch, demo, etc.) of booth should be shown in some way on the Expo hall map.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    AldaronAldaron Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    My only suggestion is to allow people with mobility issues, i.e. medical badges, to use the side entrance that enforcers and expo hall people used. It's quite a walk around the BCEC, up a flight of stairs, then walk to the front of the building. and stand in another line.
    Other than that suggestion, enforcers were great, expo hall was great, swag bag a little light, but you get what vendors decide to give away. More hotels nearby..... :-)

Aldaron on
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    Aldaron wrote: »
    My only suggestion is to allow people with mobility issues, i.e. medical badges, to use the side entrance that enforcers and expo hall people used. It's quite a walk around the BCEC, up a flight of stairs, then walk to the front of the building. and stand in another line.

Are you talking about that side entrance facing the food trucks/Aloft/Element hotels? I know that entrance was open for all attendees on Sat and Sun this past East and I want to say later in the day on Friday as well.

I've said it in past years, but may as well say it while posting here: I'd like a layout map for booths in the tabletop area in Guidebook and the printed Guide. It's odd that there are vendors and demo stations there, but nobody knows who they are or where they are located without having to walk around the whole area and check out each booth or table. It would also be nice to see on the map which tables are dedicated for tournaments for tabletop or Magic.

• Options
    MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    Aldaron wrote: »
    Other than that suggestion, enforcers were great, expo hall was great, swag bag a little light, but you get what vendors decide to give away. More hotels nearby..... :-)

I think I know the side entrance you're talking about. It was randomly closed(read: locked) and unstaffed at unpredictable intervals.

• Options
    VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    (Note: I haven't been to PAX East in quite a while, but I remember this being an issue previously and it remains an issue, from what I can tell)

The maps of the theater floor STILL do not include the bathrooms next to the Main Theater. My first year, I *really* had to use the bathroom during the concerts, but I dared not leave for fear of not being allowed back in. Thankfully I eventually realized on my own that they're there, but they're not exactly obvious. Having those bathrooms on the map would be a great help.

KvTUvIQ.png
  • Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    VmKid wrote: »
    (Note: I haven't been to PAX East in quite a while, but I remember this being an issue previously and it remains an issue, from what I can tell)

The maps of the theater floor STILL do not include the bathrooms next to the Main Theater. My first year, I *really* had to use the bathroom during the concerts, but I dared not leave for fear of not being allowed back in. Thankfully I eventually realized on my own that they're there, but they're not exactly obvious. Having those bathrooms on the map would be a great help.

On the App the bathrooms by the Main Theater are labeled this year!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
This discussion has been closed.