As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]ing from home

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    The name Reuben is said to have been given on the 22nd of the month to men getting their secret names between January 24, 1993 to November 23, 2013.

haha yeah man they just had a fucking calendar that dictated what name you got

like i fucking lost my shit when i found that out

Man they could have made it so much cooler

Drugged you up on peyote and left you in the woods for a night

Um excuse me my cult / space program has a copyright on that practice for naming our space capsules

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    How are you not sure if suggesting swinging will end in yes or a divorce?

There was an Aussie radio prank where a someone suggested a 3-way to their lesbian partner.

After reading the aftermath I'm not sure that relationship will survive.

This ALSO needs more details.

A relationship may have ended after an Aussie radio prank went too far

Pretty hard read. Hopefulyl they had a very long talk after this.

If my wife tried to do some radio prank on me I wouldn't be very happy either. "Hey let me make fun of you on the radio."

The radio show in question is the very bottom of the barrel. Sandilands in particular is a shock jock with so little charm, guile or anything of worth to say...

That's a prank that's particularly cruel and exploitative.

There is a popular show around here that does a dumb bullshit prank where they prank people about medical tests. Idiots seem to love it, but it seems unecessarily cruel to me. I had to listen to them call a woman to tell her the man she was going to marry had come back as related to her and they treated her very badly "well you're the cousin fucker here" almost enough to make me think it was fake.

Lovely.

The worst part was when I heard it I was in a rental car being driven to the location with two other people and they both found it hilarious. I guess me being terrible with social stuff, the idea of being specifically called out for embarrasment is like absolute nightmare fuel.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Whether you are willing to humiliate each other for gain and for how much should be worked out early in a relationship just like how big of an issue children are going to be.

Also whether you are willing to push the red button that gives you a million dollars but will kill someone you don't know.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    How are you not sure if suggesting swinging will end in yes or a divorce?

There was an Aussie radio prank where a someone suggested a 3-way to their lesbian partner.

After reading the aftermath I'm not sure that relationship will survive.

This ALSO needs more details.

A relationship may have ended after an Aussie radio prank went too far

Pretty hard read. Hopefulyl they had a very long talk after this.

I

see

It's hard to imagine being married to someone and not stopping basically any prank or joke the second it started hurting them.

a thousand bucks tho

I'd have to spend so much more in the form of advanced drugs to repair the damage though, it's not economical

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    i would humiliate porp on the radio for a warm ham sandwich

i mean you basically do any time castle is streaming our chat on twitch so

I think people have to be listening for it to count.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

oh shi-

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular

That would be the last warm anything you'd ever receive.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    $1000 dollars is a lot of money to someone without a lot of it

...this middle class privilege

so unchecked

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular

Rekt

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    not even a hot ham sandwich

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Also whether you are willing to push the red button that gives you a million dollars but will kill someone you don't know.

does it make a satisfying click as I'm mashing it repeatedly?

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

a hot ham sandwich can become a warm ham sandwich with enough time

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Is this a statement of intent or a sad description of a disappointing reality?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

a hot ham sandwich can become a warm ham sandwich with enough time

but a warm ham sandwich has become soggy

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Whether you are willing to humiliate each other for gain and for how much should be worked out early in a relationship just like how big of an issue children are going to be.

Fucking slam that button once then retire.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So uh..Star Vs. the Forces of Evil ended up on my youtube stuff. It is another really odd.

But straight up a line,

"She likes pink and smashes the patriarchy!"

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Is this a statement of intent or a sad description of a disappointing reality?

well i am a constant source of embarrassment for her so

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    a
    Fucking goddammit, I'm still dropping frames.

I guess I'll just never fucking stream again.

the new router didn't fix your upload? there's a tool you can download to test if you are dropping packets I think? I remember running into it when I was diagnosing LoL issues

The problem was never the router, in fact me hooking the PC up directly to the modem was what prompted that router to stop working.

Blugh, I have no idea how to fix this, it's really irritating.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Fucking goddammit, I'm still dropping frames.

I guess I'll just never fucking stream again.

You should also avoid being a museum curator or a stocker at craft stores.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

This is super easy, here is the conversation script:

"did you know you can donate to charities that have an efficiency of $20 giving one person fresh water for twenty years?"

"Oh shit so donating like a thousand dollars means you come out ahead."

"Yes, it'd be immoral NOT to press the button!"

Then seven billion clicks later you're quadrillionaires.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    retire with just a million dollars? are you crazy? how will i afford my cocktails and smoking sets?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I hate that thought experiment because it's always missing critical info.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Those pre-marriage counselors should always ask engaged people what they would do if their fiance was tied to a trolley track, five cute orphans were on another track, there was a trolley coming, and they could push a button to save one or the other but not both.

• Options
    @visiblehowl looks like it's mostly useful for wireless connections but idk maybe it will be useful to you

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/info_burst_loss.html

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Those pre-marriage counselors should always ask engaged people what they would do if their fiance was tied to a trolley track, five cute orphans were on another track, there was a trolley coming, and they could push a button to save one or the other but not both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

• Options

"did you know you can donate to charities that have an efficiency of $20 giving one person fresh water for twenty years?"

The most effective way to save a human life is malaria netting which costs about 3500 per person.

Press the button, donate $7000 to the appropriate charity, repeat

You're coming out ahead

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

Um, critical info is for losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rzIwrEqpw

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

The original twist of the short story wouldn't have worked without the missing info.

The original twist was really stupid.

• Options

The most effective way to save a human life is malaria netting which costs about 3500 per person.

You're coming out ahead

$3500 per net or $3500 per malaria incident prevented or $3500 per life saved

• Options
    would you imprison yourself for 20 years so you could have 1 million dollars at the end of it

what if I told you this was a description of the wage system

boom

• Options

You're coming out ahead

I believe it's $3500 for a lifetime supply of malaria netting

• Options
    i typed up a joke post about all lives not being equally valuable but it was too gross so please enjoy this post instead

• Options
    would you imprison yourself for 20 years so you could have 1 million dollars at the end of it

boom

the hottest of takes

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

boom

I'd say bullshit because most people have $0 at the end of it and have to work until they are physically incapable of doing so.

The real wage system is the toil you did for nothing in return along the way.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    to be able to retire with a million dollars I would have to be a lot older than I am

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

boom

People hypothesise this is what the Hatton Garden burglars were about.

• Options
    seriously just a giant plate a ribs guys

like 20 of 'em

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

boom

i'd like to earn more than twice as much as i'm currently earning thanks

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

You're coming out ahead

I believe it's $3500 for a lifetime supply of malaria netting
    $3500 directly into my pocket. Please buy more malaria netting.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I am quite enjoying this Abstract series on Netflix about various artists in various fields

The first one about a relentlessly German illustrator who often does New Yorker covers is still the best

He constantly argued with the documentarian about framing and content and would never let them show his "real life"

"People don't want authenticity. They think they do."

@Podly

This discussion has been closed.