As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]ing from home

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Rewatching Force Awakens

The motivation behind Finn is hilariously thin on second watch; he's put off by violence and horror in the village and then he kills like 30 people, people he's presumably lived and worked with for years, in as many seconds to escape because ???

Oh star wars

soldiers fighting in a war can freak out about gunning down a village and not feel the same way when fighting in self defense against an enemy

it doesn't feel that thin to me, other than I assume these guys are all conditioned specifically for this purpose and it just didn't work on him? I roll with it because I like the story but that seems weirder to me than what you're suggesting

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I don't have a new girlfriend, and haven't dated at all in 2017. Brothers, I think we need solidarity. Either I get a new girlfriend, or none of us get a girlfriend. Let us struggle as a collective.

You want me to be single again damn ok

I wish there was another way, but my hands are tied.

@elki wanna kill rats tonight since you're forever alone I know the answer is yes

@OnTheLastCastle omg, hateful. Get Shark on, I'm gonna watch TV for a bit and then I'll be ready.

@Irond Will is on and probably eager to be on my stream

@Sir Landshark is smashing but maybe he can make room for us... figuratively speaking

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Rewatching Force Awakens

The motivation behind Finn is hilariously thin on second watch; he's put off by violence and horror in the village and then he kills like 30 people, people he's presumably lived and worked with for years, in as many seconds to escape because ???

Oh star wars

Finally he has a showdown with a former comrade-in-arms who recognizes him!

Surely this fight will have an interesting payoff

But then his opponent shouts with generic anger and, a little while later, unceremoniously dies

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Rewatching Force Awakens

Oh star wars

Like you haven't thougth about taking out your office with a TIE fighter

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Rewatching Force Awakens

Oh star wars

But then his opponent shouts with generic anger and, a little while later, unceremoniously dies

yeah it sorta feels like an earlier script might have had a thread there and they realized their movie was gonna be 3 1/2 hours long and scrapped 90% of it

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Storm trooper management 101

Train from birth
    Throw into gunning down civilians with no testing or preparation
    When soldier doesn't kill just kinda lecture him for 20 seconds and definitely don't do anything else
    Profit

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also I appreciate all the IT guys coming out of the woodwork to show off their knowledge after my problem is solved.

But I make one post that shows I don't know about UPSes...

visiblehowl your problem is solved?!?

??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It appears to be. We shall see a bit later. I need to acquire and then consume dinner, but then it'll be time for

MAX

PAYNE

vRyue2p.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Rewatching Force Awakens

Oh star wars

yeah it sorta feels like an earlier script might have had a thread there and they realized their movie was gonna be 3 1/2 hours long and scrapped 90% of it

well they could have excised the stuff that didn't work

the entire second half of the movie, for instance

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I just watched Ebert's review of Ghost in the Shell that was filmed back in 1996

now I'm not saying Ebert was an otaku, but his pronunciation of Kusanagi is suspiciously accurate

simonwolf wrote: »
    I just watched Ebert's review of Ghost in the Shell that was filmed back in 1996

now I'm not saying Ebert was an otaku, but his pronunciation of Kusanagi is suspiciously accurate

he does look like an anime guy

or like

an anime guy with a decent job anyway

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

you can't say this and not link it simon

some of us still believe in decency

rRwz9.gif
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

It's pronounced "K'SAN-uh-gee" right?

Rhymes with "sanity"?

vRyue2p.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2l3hEEtdk

I mispronounced VIVE at the nerd den. They all scoffed but were still nice and let me play it

edited February 2017
    japanese animation, or anuh-mayyy,

simonwolf on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't have a new girlfriend, and haven't dated at all in 2017. Brothers, I think we need solidarity. Either I get a new girlfriend, or none of us get a girlfriend. Let us struggle as a collective.

You want me to be single again damn ok

I wish there was another way, but my hands are tied.

@elki wanna kill rats tonight since you're forever alone I know the answer is yes

@OnTheLastCastle omg, hateful. Get Shark on, I'm gonna watch TV for a bit and then I'll be ready.

@Irond Will is on and probably eager to be on my stream

@Sir Landshark is smashing but maybe he can make room for us... figuratively speaking

Rub that on my face.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    vee-vuh

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I mispronounced VIVE at the nerd den. They all scoffed but were still nice and let me play it

It's a silent V

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Rewatching Force Awakens

Oh star wars

well they could have excised the stuff that didn't work

the entire second half of the movie, for instance

I'm actually really impressed that the movie holds together as well as it does considering the ridiculously minuscule development time it had and they scored a couple of miracles in casting likable leads but it absolutely could have profited from about another six months in the oven

rRwz9.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Why did we stop calling it japanimation

Did you pronounce it "veev"?

Cinders keeps doing this on purpose to annoy me, I wonder if it rubbed off on you.

vRyue2p.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    ... How is it supposed to be pronounced? Everyone around me says it like the last syllable of "Revive".

8i1dt37buh2m.png

"the beautiful Major"

Otaku confirmed

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    ... How is it supposed to be pronounced? Everyone around me says it like the last syllable of "Revive".

That's the correct pronunciation.

vRyue2p.png
    vee-vuh

That's what I said except it's one syllable so I said veev like sieve

Apparently it is like... hive with a v.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    security procedures are also quite lax everywhere, but that's more a genre thing

A guy can just show up and move a priority prisoner because he said so, there seem to be no checkpoints at all, nobody seems to lock their starships or require keys or identification to operate them

No wonder the Falcon got lost in the first place

Did you pronounce it like the Spanish word

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I watched the prequels in theaters, I can't give up now.

vee-vuh

That's what I said except it's one syllable so I said veev like sieve

Apparently it is like... hive with a v.

Wait, do you pronounce sieve like "seev"?

Because I have bad news for you if you do...

vRyue2p.png
    Wait, people thought it was pronounced a way other than vive, rhymes with alive?

Did you pronounce it "veev"?

Cinders keeps doing this on purpose to annoy me, I wonder if it rubbed off on you.

That is possible. God damnit cinders you

TFA had to try to be perfect along so many axes and it did a pretty good job along most of them. The story had to be fresh but nostalgic and about old stuff and new people and oh also we have to reset the prequels while also acknowledging them.

I think they did alright. It's not perfect and there are details I don't like, but I'm super excited for the next one.

"Sieve" rhymes with "give".

vRyue2p.png
    security procedures are also quite lax everywhere, but that's more a genre thing

A guy can just show up and move a priority prisoner because he said so, there seem to be no checkpoints at all, nobody seems to lock their starships or require keys or identification to operate them

yeah definitely a genre thing

and sometimes I think about it in the moment and I'm like 'this is dumb'

then I remember some people snuck into the superbowl by holding a ladder

r4zgei8pcfod.gif

"the beautiful Major"

Otaku confirmed

ebert always made a point of noting when a movie featured worthwhile titties

rRwz9.gif
    Wait, people thought it was pronounced a way other than vive, rhymes with alive?

I had assumed they were making an appropriate little pun in Spanish

But clearly the world is not ready for my bold multiculturalism

edited February 2017

I called it veev in my head when I first saw it. It always had a question mark in my head because I knew I was probably not doing it right.

The first time I heard it said out loud was one of the Giant Bomb videos and it felt like, of course that's how you say it, dummy. It's like you're 'alive,' or whatever.

Six on

"it's an old passcode but it checks out"

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    what are you nerds going on about?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/nmAGB4eVoLQ

I love how high school dating in shows is as awkward as high school dating always has been and always will be.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.