As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I mean granted you survive to that level you should get some cool shit but there would be some kind of limiting factor. Maybe an cumulative minus to other spell checks the more tethers were active, or having to roll to do more than one tether, or something like that. Just so it doesn't become broken and you're not overseeing your whole party at all times like some sort of quest giver in Borderlands.

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    The best possible outcome of that power is Sense8.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    The best possible outcome of that power is Sense8.

All I've heard about that is massive non local orgy thing or something.

So it seems you're correct.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    How's this sound for a flag?

Impatient: Propose we discuss a plan of action for a pressing situation. Mark XP when if I ignore you.

Arrogant: Suggest a dangerous/unwise/audacious plan of action. Mark XP if I follow it.

Rash: Advise me to be cautious in a situation. Mark XP if I'm not.

I'm only going to go with one of those but that all kinda bump against what I'm aiming at. A sort of cocky teenager sort of vibe. I'm ambivalent on the first one. It will drive action which is good but it could also be rather annoying to play with. Though I sorta feel DW kinda encourages some of that. (Please be assured that me doing that sort of thing is so folks have fun and we have some tension. If it really bothers you let me know as I do not want anybody to be uncomfortable.)

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'd maybe turn the wording slightlu

Impatient: present me with a planning opportunity so that I can disregard that and charge on ahead

Arrogant: get me to agree to a reckless/stupid plan by doubting if I can keep up

Rash: present me with a plan that would keep me safer so that I can disregard it at my own peril

Something like that. My brain isn't working today haha

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    At least you didn't mistake this thread for 'Digimon World'.

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    At least you didn't mistake this thread for 'Digimon World'.

As far as you know!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'd play that!

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    How are these for flags?

Good Listener - I’m always available if you need someone to talk to. Anything you tell me is between you and me and my god.

Curious - I love exploring places and discovering new things. If there’s something you want opened, but don’t want to open it yourself...

EDIT: Also everything I am trying to put in my character sheet is showing up as bold text. I don't know why. I look at the example of Ashe's character sheet and there's lots of not-bold text there.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2017
    I don't see how you ever refuse the first. Flags need to give you a meaningful choice.

The second seems alright on that front. I'd probably rephrase it as a limited version of rash up above. These aren't exactly supposed to be one character blackmailing/contorting another. More like compels in Fate where somebody can point out a character trait and how it should probably cause you grief, "Don't you agree?" style of thing.

Edit: Good listener: Confide in me something others should know. Mark XP if I keep it between us.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited February 2017
    I don't see how you ever refuse the first. Flags need to give you a meaningful choice.

Alright, that's the advice I needed. I'll need to reconsider the flags I've created!

DarkPrimus on
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How are these for flags?

Good Listener - I’m always available if you need someone to talk to. Anything you tell me is between you and me and my god.

Curious - I love exploring places and discovering new things. If there’s something you want opened, but don’t want to open it yourself...

EDIT: Also everything I am trying to put in my character sheet is showing up as bold text. I don't know why. I look at the example of Ashe's character sheet and there's lots of not-bold text there.

Like DA said, you want to have it be a choice that could come with consequences or presents a meaningful choice.

If you are trying to line break with no bold, try
    <p>

instead of br and see if that does it?
    I'd like to tell you what i did, but it was basically "edit this shit a million times until it is pretty"

Oh dang. Gonna cross post from our FB page with an update
    Our crazy campaign is up past 20 members now! It's not too late to throw your name in the hat, or hat in the ring, or ring in the volcano and join us!

Attendees for each session will be chosen by RNG if the number who RSVP is higher than the number of slots. Rolls will be weighted to favor those who have yet to play.

We will be streaming the session and also plopping it up on YouTube so if you aren't playing in a session you can still follow along!

We hope to see you all there. Or hope you watch it. Or something. We all hope something!

Ok,
    -Chris

I suppose it would be a good idea to talk about how you want to record it and what folks should have ready installed to do it.

I suppose it would be a good idea to talk about how you want to record it and what folks should have ready installed to do it.

I'm just gonna use OBS for recording/streaming and plop it on YouTube afterwards

I'm just gonna use OBS for recording/streaming and plop it on YouTube afterwards

After those first couple words I just heard the Charlie Brown teacher voice but it sounds like I don't have to do things so I'm fer it.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    The less dependent this whole shebang is on my system, the better.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Yes nobody has to do anything but show up and talk. I will pull the knobs and turn the levers and reticulate the splines

My spline could use some reticulation, I wake up sore every morning.

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, apparently prestidigitation can warm, cool and flavor things.. and my brain immediately jumped to that recent meme of .. Salt Bae? (Really? That's what the Internet went with? Salt Bae? My brain hurts.)
    I now know where my wizard picked up his first spell, the personal cookbook of a well regarded cook/chef/innkeeper from his hometown.
    Our travel rations will be delicious!

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    My character is the drunk that talks to birds

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oh right I forgot to say, I have a Google drive folder with the materials you will need for character sheets and whatnot

I might need this since, uh, I have no idea what the source material is, to be honest.

wVEsyIc.png
    Oh right I forgot to say, I have a Google drive folder with the materials you will need for character sheets and whatnot

I might need this since, uh, I have no idea what the source material is, to be honest.

Have you joined the campaign via the obsidian portal page? Should have links to all the things on the home screen there

Have you joined the campaign via the obsidian portal page? Should have links to all the things on the home screen there

That helps. I wasn't 100% that I was joining yet though, in case it turns out I have no idea what I'm doing.

wVEsyIc.png

That helps. I wasn't 100% that I was joining yet though, in case it turns out I have no idea what I'm doing.

We can walk you through that part :)
    It's mostly you say what you want to do and we decide what move that aligns with and you roll 2d6+ relevant stat. 2-6 is failure. 7-9 is partial success with consequences. 10+ is full success

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I don't know when I'll get in since I work Tuesday evenings, but I am excited!

We just did the drawing for the first crew buuuuut Thursday draw should be done Saturday or Sunday. So keep an eye on the obsidian portal forum for name calling!
    Like... Not..Bad name calling but... Yeah.

Dear first session folks,
    If you pick the job to raid the shrine on the 1st floor (Discreet help needed!) try to figure out if it's a Place of Power.. and if it is, don't!
    I kinda want to Ritual up a little cartoon rain cloud, or blot out the sun.. probably the rain cloud though.
    Sincerely,
    Your completely trustworthy wizard.
    P.S. Tiny rain clouds make awesome showers, and are great for rooftop gardens in the desert, just sayin'.
    P.P.S. I'm sure no water merchants would be super pissed off that we have a tiny little infinite source of water, no siree!
    P.P.P.S. Who really needs the sun anyway?

I think that one has zero votes atm

I got a vote on it.

edited February 2017
    I got a vote on it.
    The dice gods did not select either of us for the first session. :(

SutibunRi on
    So, here's the player breakdown for the first two sessions.
    Session 1 (going to use obsidian portal names since some folks aren't on the forums.)
    * Tailsgod
    * MitchellDill
    * Aistan
    * Allyxia
    * TruthPuncher
    * Quippish

Session 2
    * Darkprimus
    * Grunt’s Ghosts
    * Tyberiuslee
    * Matev
    * Botznoy
    * Dramaturgerenata

What I did with the rolls was I gave everyone who RSVPed for a campaign this week 2 points.
    If you RSVPed for just one session, both of your points went on that session. If you RSVPed for both, they got split evenly between the two sessions (1 each)
    I then made a list of all the signups and numbered them.
    Then rolled a die equal to the number of total tickets for that session in orokos.
    Then picked the corresponding name, crossed it off of the list(s) it was on, and continued.

Anyone who did not get into these two gets to keep those two points. They will roll forward to the next thing you RSVP for, so you then have 4 entries, etc etc
    Interesting note: The folks who only RSVPed for one of the two days ALL got into the day they RSVPed for.

For those of you who didn't get into these, please don't be discouraged and please don't think I'm trying to exclude you by any means! Demand just outstripped supply to an extent that kind of blew my mind. I was expecting to only have enough people to do tuesday OR thursday, not both and then some.

I encourage folks to watch along on twitch when we stream tuesday! Provided twitch cooperates, of course.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Itll be good to watch and learn how dungeon world actually plays

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    And then you come in and get killed with the rest of us on Thursday!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra

For those of you who didn't get into these, please don't be discouraged and please don't think I'm trying to exclude you by any means! Demand just outstripped supply to an extent that kind of blew my mind. I was expecting to only have enough people to do tuesday OR thursday, not both and then some.

Will the Tuesday and Thursday schedule continue? Or will you be moving to DM once per week?

So are we just using the Roll20/Google Hangout for playing?

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    I believe it will be a similar setup to how we're doing Blades in the Dark.

Vox through roll20, @TheRoadVirus using OBS to record audio/video locally, so the final product will be what he heard and said.

I was under the impression this was a live-play-only thing, and was not being recorded for podcasting? Like, maybe it goes up on the Youtube channel, but it won't end up in the website feed.

SutibunRi wrote: »

Will the Tuesday and Thursday schedule continue? Or will you be moving to DM once per week?

I don't know if I have it in me to arrange two of these per week. But we shall see! We still have... Three other campaigns going with the podcast and also I have a local one, haha.

So yeah time will tell on the number per week. Also the days will shift around some so that we can try and catch people who aren't available for weekday games and so on.

So are we just using the Roll20/Google Hangout for playing?

Will be playing through roll20. So when the time is nigh, go to roll20 and click join game and get thrown into the grinde- uh. Adventure?