As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2017 Hotel Partners and Hotel Discussion

123457»

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I know the omni parker has charged me 1 night stay the past 2 years about a week or so out. The rest I was charged upon checkout. Idk if this is every hotel that does it or just that one though

• DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    ervtron wrote: »
    So this is my first year doing the hotel booking for my group, just curious to see if anyone knows roughly when they charge you for the stay? I just want to make sure I'm getting money from my group in time. (if it matters, I have 2 reservations, one thurs-friday at seaport and one fri-mon at the westin)

Element and Aloft both put a hold on your card when you check in for the full stay +20% for amenities.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Has anyone gotten a confirmation number for the seaport yet? I need to make a few changes to my rooms but unlike the Westin I can't look up my reservation via cc.

DXLJjjr.png
  • fail3nfail3n Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a confirmation number for the seaport yet? I need to make a few changes to my rooms but unlike the Westin I can't look up my reservation via cc.

OnPeak said a week beforehand hotels that have confirmation numbers will be sent out.

k3TkYg2.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    craiola wrote: »
    have you tried calling them?

I just called them and they were able to provide the confirmation numbers. Thank you! In the past I've been used to receiving a confirmation from onpeak by now.

DXLJjjr.png
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Yeah, Westin has the reservations in their inventory now. The Element does not have them yet:/

• RazrswordRazrsword Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Element is up. Aloft still not for me though I'm likely cancelling my Aloft as the Element rooms seem to be 2 beds!

Studio Non-smoking: King + Full Sofa Bed

Yep same as last year, 2 beds.

Razrsword on
    pSX3QHI.png
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Razrsword wrote: »
    Element is up. Aloft still not for me though I'm likely cancelling my Aloft as the Element rooms seem to be 2 beds!

Did Element just go up, or has it been up? Wasn't working for me this morning, but I can't remember which card I used and my last name usually has issues because of the apostrophe. So it may have been just me, not sure.

S2ieAvx.png
    Looks like it just went up. I checked this morning and got nothing. Checked again and it was up for me.

pSX3QHI.png
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    my element res is there but only 1 bed

pax%20sig.png
  • DrewsGFXDrewsGFX Registered User regular

What kind of room are you canceling @ Aloft, mind I ask?

edited February 2017
    @DrewsGFX It should be an Aloft double though I'm gonna call the Element a few more times next week just to verify the room type.
    @PurpleBek What room type does it say if you send a confirmation email?

Razrsword on
    pSX3QHI.png
    edited February 2017
    Standard non smoking king

How many guests did you put though?

PurpleBek on
    pax%20sig.png
  • fail3nfail3n Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    I feel like Element/Aloft just did whatever they wanted. I put down 1 bed and 0 guests, and my confirmation says I have a room with 2 beds ...

k3TkYg2.png
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    fail3n wrote: »
    I feel like Element/Aloft just did whatever they wanted. I put down 1 bed and 0 guests, and my confirmation says I have a room with 2 beds ...

Unbelievable. We'll clearly need to fix this by swapping with me haha

6pq9je4.png
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular

What do you mean "Element is up?" I'd kinda like to check what kind of room we're gonna get. Or do they just stick you in whatever's available when you get there?

Are y'all able to see your Element room types online? Mine is just saying "Due to a complex rate or a rate from a different booking source associated with your reservation, we are unable to provide a detailed summary online. Please contact your nearest Customer Care Center for help with this request."

I'll call later today to see what's up. A double bedded room would be amazing ;-;

NEVERMIND; before I even posted this I just called and found out we've also been placed in the King Studio Suite with pullout sofa bed, SO HAPPY. This is my birthday present from the great beyond.

S2ieAvx.png
    ScoJoMo wrote: »

What do you mean "Element is up?" I'd kinda like to check what kind of room we're gonna get. Or do they just stick you in whatever's available when you get there?

You can look up your reservation via your last name and the card number you reserved with: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/element/reservations/index.html?propertyID=4143&language=en_US

S2ieAvx.png
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Awesome. Thanks NFG!

NFG wrote: »
    Are y'all able to see your Element room types online? Mine is just saying "Due to a complex rate or a rate from a different booking source associated with your reservation, we are unable to provide a detailed summary online. Please contact your nearest Customer Care Center for help with this request."

I'll call later today to see what's up. A double bedded room would be amazing ;-;

NEVERMIND; before I even posted this I just called and found out we've also been placed in the King Studio Suite with pullout sofa bed, SO HAPPY. This is my birthday present from the great beyond.

Thanks @NFG ! I called Element and confirmed my room as well.

I'm sure they are working on it, but I also found out that the Element is very much overbooked during the weekend of PAX. They move people over to the W Boston hotel during overbookings. Scary stuff. Obviously all of this information is secondhand so take it for what it is worth.

6pq9je4.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I had to call the Westin to get an official confirmation. I feel like I've never gotten a confirmation in the past from them either without calling.

zmYaVYP.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Called the Renaissance yesterday and they had my reservation on file...Is it Friday yet?

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Called the Renaissance yesterday and they had my reservation on file...Is it Friday yet?

So ready. I've prepared for this moment.

6pq9je4.png
  • mrjohnlayfieldmrjohnlayfield Registered User new member
    This is my first time booking at onpeak but I'm staying at the Boston park plaza hotel and just got my hotel confirmation does this mean I'm secure when I get there or should I call first to make sure ?

• TeholdTehold Registered User new member
    Staying at the intercontinental here. Was told they can't add a roll away bed to the room because of a fire hazard, and that there were no upgrades with 3 beds available. Looks like one of are sleeping on the floor every night.

Element emailed me for upgrades so I updated to a studio and got my Monday night

pax%20sig.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Just canceled my room at the Westin for Saturday night, 1 king bed! Hopefully someone can scoff it up!

Ln5yLL7.png
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Element emailed me for upgrades so I updated to a studio and got my Monday night

Were you able to do this online? Or did you call? Thanks!

S2ieAvx.png
    Does anyone know if you are able to hook up a WiiU to the TVs in the Westin or the Seaport?

DXLJjjr.png
  • ibor132ibor132 MaineRegistered User new member
    Seaport should work - I've done that before. I can't speak to the Westin specifically but I've never had any trouble plugging stuff into the HDMI ports at other Starwood hotels. YMMV, obviously.

NFG wrote: »
    PurpleBek wrote: »

Were you able to do this online? Or did you call? Thanks!

I guess you could call, but I got a email with a form I submitted online and they emailed me back

pax%20sig.png
  • revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    I somehow ended up with four room reservations with two queen beds at the Intercontinental and only needed three, so if you somehow still don't have a place to stay this weekend, call now and you might be able to snag one!