As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2017 Pins

thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
edited March 2017 in Pinny Arcade
PAX EAST 2017 PIN POST!
Pin Quest
Merch Banner
Guidebook Maps
Expo Hall Map with Pins
BCEC Map with Pins

New Pins
PAX East 2017 Set (PA - Merch or Merch Lite) - $30
East 2017 LE (PA - Merch Lite) - $15
Enfu: Cute & Wild Set (PA - Merch or Merch Lite) - $25
Legend of Zelda Overworld Set 1 (PA - Merch or Merch Lite) - $40 Also available online March 20, 2017
Merch 5.0 (PA - Merch or Merch Lite) - Free with $100 purchase
Pit People Spidaur (Behemoth - 14005) - $5 Vending machine
Pit People Cyclops (Behemoth - 14005) - $5 Vending machine
Back Off Barbarian (Behemoth - 14005) - $5 Vending machine
Transtar (Bethesda - 18007, 20007) - $10 (1000 made)
Volcano (Bethesda - 18007, 20007) - $10 (1000 made)
Nuka Cola Cap (Bethesda - 18007, 20007) - $10 (2000 made)
FoxTrot Jason d20 (Bill Amend - Bandland) - $15
Guitar Viari (Worldbuilders/Toonhound - 10009) - $15
Eternal Jekk (Dire Wolf Digital - 18114) - $15 or 2 for $25. Get pin of choice by winning Clank! confirmed
The Gardens Between Arina (The Voxel Agents - 16086) - $15 confirmed
Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild - 13091) - $15
American Dream (Samurai Punk - 15078) - $15 confirmed all Aus pins 2 for $25 or 4 for $45
Firewatch Forrest Byrnes (Campo Santo - 15096) - $15 confirmed
Gloomweaver (Greater Than Games - 11087) - $14.95 - also get free pin by demoing 5 games
FNAF Nightmare Cupcake (ThinkGeek - 15090) - $15
PAX Aus Roadshow Echidna (PAX AUS Roadshow - 13111) - $15 - all Aus pins 2 for $25 or 4 for $45
Trivia Murder Party (Jackbox Games - Jackbox Stage) - $15 or win game - $25 for Trivia Murder Party and Drawful Owl
Transformers (Kabam - 12096) - Demo game, also, beat boss and spin wheel to win another pin
Gwent Troll (CD Projekt Red - Panel, Saturday 1pm, Dragonfly)
Lawbreakers Faust (Nexon - 13055, also Panel, Friday 9pm, Bumblebee) - staff will also trade
Gorogoa (Annapurna - 16121) - Demo Gorogoa and another game confirmed

Trade
Enfu Gabe - Trade with Mike (Gabe)
Enfu Tycho - Trade with Jerry (Tycho)
Tobiko Dabe - Trade with Dabe
Pad Thai David - Trade with Dave
Ice Cream Erick - Trade with Erick (Beker)
Nacho Feh - Trade with Mike F (Feh)
Pizza Gavin - Trade with Gavin
French Fry Jeff - Trade with Jeff
Egg Josh - Trade with Elyssa (Josh not at East)
Taco Kiko - Trade with Kiko
Pie Kristin - Trade with Kristin
Rainbow Cookie Lidija - Trade with Lidija
Vindaloo Patrick - Trade with Patrick (Tube)
Nigiri Ryan - Trade with Ryan
Waffle Travis - Trade with Travis

Old Pins
Various (Behemoth - 14005)
Quincy (Bill Amend - Bandland)
Various (Worldbuilders/Toonhound - 10009)
Clank, Bandit Queen (Dire Wolf Digital - 18114)
Falcon (tinyBuild - 13091)
Baron Blade, Matriarch (Greater Than Games - 11087)
PAX AUS Koala (PAX AUS Roadshow - 13111)
Screencheat Logo, Samurai Punk, Fruits of a Feather (Samurai Punk - 15078)
Armello Logo, Hydra (League of Geeks)
Surprise Attack Ninja, Albert, Hacknet (Surprise Attack)
Ironic Yorick, Medius, Tin Man (Tin Man)
Death Squared Red, Death Squared Blue (SMG)
Drawful Owl (Jackbox Games - Jackbox Stage)
Edith Finch (Annapurna - 16121)
Various (Kris Straub - Bandland)
Iver, Bellower, Bolverk (Versus Evil - 19097)
Various (We Love Fine - 13103)
Red (Supergiant - 18108)
Child's Play 2016, Child's Play 2017 (Child's Play - 15001)
Psychomancer (Take This - AFK Room)
Hob, Sprite (Runic - 18120)

thx42 on

• ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    I don't care what it is, I will have to get my hands on the Campo Santo pin

B2YfFSb.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    ahstoddard wrote: »
    Jeff Goldblum face (don't think they wouldn't).

Of course Firewatch and Campo Santo logos both would make great pins. Even Forrest Byrnes would make a good one. Their art is nice all nice and minmal, making it well suited to pins.

YoungFrey on
  • DCDeaconDCDeacon Registered User new member
    I can tell you the Bethesda booth we will have three. Don't think I'm allowed to say what they are yet. But worth stopping by if you like our games.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Of course Firewatch and Campo Santo logos both would make great pins. Even Forrest Byrnes would make a good one. Their art is nice all nice and minmal, making it well suited to pins.

I would much rather have a Firewatch logo than a CS logo.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular

Don't care, I love throwing money at Remo and crew. Blizzard could announce a reprint of GOW, or Leeroy, and I wouldn't care about that more than Campo Santo having a pin.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)

I like a good Olly Moss skull, what can I say.

• MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    I really really hope the pin drop is soon. It's now two weeks until PAX East 2017. What are they waiting for, the snow to melt?

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Usually its within the two week mark.

The last 2 Pin Drops (Aus 2016 & South 2017) have been 1 week before PAX. The 2 before that were 2 weeks. And all on Friday. I didn't check further back than 4 PAXen.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Every year I am envious of the great pins East gets and this year I finally get to participate first hand. I sure wish the pin drop was 2 weeks before this year. I need time to plan my operation.

IhtGIyi.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Yea, I am literally organizing my stash for East. I have a little bit of everything to trade this year. More common stuff, some limited edition stuff, and the East 2014 set. I came to terms with trading certain things away. Not my 2013 East set just yet.

I am looking to get the Armadeaddon set, finish out my Behemoth stuff, and grab a few other things (like Twitch logo, Leeroy, Overwatch, and a few more).

How have the trades been the past few PAXs? Am I crazy to think I can grab that stuff I am looking for?

edit: Also, is it taboo to bring Disney pins? I never took notice at previous PAX if people brought those as well (to trade with people, not the 1-for-1 PA trading at tables obviously).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    A few hints from Kiko on slack:

"FF Payload
    PURCHASE AT MERCH BOOTH"

"49"

"Two new sets launching at East (not including the show set.)"

redfield85 wrote: »
    Yea, I am literally organizing my stash for East. I have a little bit of everything to trade this year. More common stuff, some limited edition stuff, and the East 2014 set. I came to terms with trading certain things away. Not my 2013 East set just yet.

I am looking to get the Armadeaddon set, finish out my Behemoth stuff, and grab a few other things (like Twitch logo, Leeroy, Overwatch, and a few more).

How have the trades been the past few PAXs? Am I crazy to think I can grab that stuff I am looking for?

edit: Also, is it taboo to bring Disney pins? I never took notice at previous PAX if people brought those as well (to trade with people, not the 1-for-1 PA trading at tables obviously).

Armadeaddon, Behemoth, Regular Overwatch - definitely doable.
    Twitch logo - a bit more difficult
    Leeroy, Gold Overwatch - very difficult

I brought Disney pins to last West, traded a few, I think there was only one other person I ran into that also had Disney pins.

thx42 wrote: »

I brought Disney pins to last West, traded a few, I think there was only one other person I ran into that also had Disney pins.

I'm more talking Disney for PA pins. I'm sure people that are into them would depending on what was available for trade. Just wondering if it is worth throwing some Disney pins into my bag.

I don't think I would want the Gold Overwatch one. Regular is fine by me. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png

I'm more talking Disney for PA pins. I'm sure people that are into them would depending on what was available for trade. Just wondering if it is worth throwing some Disney pins into my bag.

I think it's hard to predict what kind of Disney pins people might want - maybe Star Wars and Marvel, or some things that are particularly cute.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular

I think it's hard to predict what kind of Disney pins people might want - maybe Star Wars and Marvel, or some things that are particularly cute.

One of the friends in my group has brought Disney pins to two consecutive Primes now. Almost all Star Wars, couple other game related ones. Has traded them for PA pins with multiple people.

One of the friends in my group has brought Disney pins to two consecutive Primes now. Almost all Star Wars, couple other game related ones. Has traded them for PA pins with multiple people.

Yea, I think I'll wind up doing this. People want what they want. You just have to let them know they are not PA pins and can't be traded for them at official event.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I ran the community trading at Aus with a few others, and I noticed a few non pinny arcade pins getting traded. I'm totally cool with that as long as the people know that it's not an official pin. I saw some official merch getting traded for pins too. I saw a guy trade his Aus pint glass for a couple Disney pins - I think it was Aladdin.

Nice. Yea, I am all set with my pins for trade now. I have some Star Wars Weekends 2005 pins, Epcot 30th Anniversary (Figment stuff) pins, and other stuff people might want. 100% letting everyone know that they aren't PA pins and can't be used for table trades at the official trade session.

I debate all the time if I want to trade my 2nd Hanna and Automata pins (the original LE pins). I assume they will have the Luigi pin for sale.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Teaser from Kiko -
    5vc7b27gpr6y.jpg

So, a Sonic themed PAX East 2017 set? Heh.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about the show pins. I need to look up the games/companies.

Behemoth pins, Zelda, show, and staff pins I wouldn't mind.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    Okay, I have lost my mind over the cuteness of many of them, including the staff pins. Must have them all!

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Zelda. Want.

and I hunger for that Transformers pin.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    Gwent piiiiinnnnnnnn!

I may be playing in the Hearthstone tournament at the time of the panel :/

faPgNTD
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    That staff set is going to be sooooo popular this year. I'm going to have to hover around the Queue Line like a hawk when it comes time for staff trading!

• sirmeepsirmeep Registered User regular
    So for those of us still relatively new, is there an easy way to identify staffers who have the corresponding staff pin and can you only trade pax pins for theirs??

• aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    sirmeep wrote: »
    So for those of us still relatively new, is there an easy way to identify staffers who have the corresponding staff pin and can you only trade pax pins for theirs??

The easiest way is to attend the Pin Trading Session from 3-5pm on Saturday at the Queue Room. All the staff members will be there with their pins. And yes only official Pinny Arcade pins are accepted for trade.

aleph0 wrote: »
    sirmeep wrote: »

The easiest way is to attend the Pin Trading Session from 3-5pm on Saturday at the Queue Room. All the staff members will be there with their pins. And yes only official Pinny Arcade pins are accepted for trade.

Many times, the staffers will hang out near the Merch booth at the entrance of the convention center so you can catch various ones there if you check in during the day. You'll recognize them generally by the large group trading around them. ;)

You'll also see them walking around - but of course you'd have to recognize them.

I thought I saw someone say before they have to accept whatever trade? So is the protocol usually to offer a pin you don't mind trading, or let them pick if they have a preference, or...? I've only traded for one staff pin and it was in australia and everything from that trip is hazy thanks to the time difference.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    DCDeacon wrote: »

I thought I saw someone say before they have to accept whatever trade? So is the protocol usually to offer a pin you don't mind trading, or let them pick if they have a preference, or...? I've only traded for one staff pin and it was in australia and everything from that trip is hazy thanks to the time difference.

Yes, they will trade any official Pinny Pin you offer. Usually people trade their fodder (easy to get pins). You can trade twice per day with each staff member. Enforcers are not staff.

IhtGIyi.png
    DCDeacon wrote: »

Yep, you can give them anything as long as it's a PA pin. You can also trade them for non-staff pins that people leave - sometimes you can get some pretty rare stuff that way. I like to drop those for people who can't afford pins :)

Usually the pins they get go into Blind Boxes later. Circle of life!

Thanks Keroan. Remind me to visit the staff for trades after you've gone through and dropped rare pins. :-)

I've never been all that into the staff pins but they just crushed it with these. Can't wait to get some of them.

• sirmeepsirmeep Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone for your input! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Maybe I'll get lucky and find a few I missed last PAX East

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Does anyone know the significance of the tree on the LE pin?

edited March 2017
    I'm guessing the tree means the LE pins this year are all meant to be local foliage. Lots of oak (my guess for what that is) trees in MA. Probably a pine for West.

YoungFrey on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Marino wrote: »
    Does anyone know the significance of the tree on the LE pin?

It's as accurate as the cactus was :kappa:

• timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    I believe a Quincy reprint will be available at Amend's table at Bandland as well.

• timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    Here's a spreadsheet template for taking orders from your pin group or whoever. Go to File -> Make a copy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cBy4JsT5ctuZawnL-DLN8RffYxMeT0Qe7g3GXh2FNbQ/edit#gid=0

Thanks to @z for the original spreadsheet.