As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Negative Ghost Ryder, the planet is full. Tag your Spoilers.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So, I think for playthrough 1, I am going full biotic. I mainly want to use melee weapons(specifically hammers) and will use vanguard charge + that bullet catching shield ability. I'm thinking Cora for warp, and whoever has Overload (hopefully Vetra)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have a feeling they pared down the number of squadmates in order to dedicate more script resources to each individual squadmate my guess?
    Yeah, they did the same thing for ME3, and it was great. No reason to change for Andromeda.

sig.gif
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So, I think for playthrough 1, I am going full biotic. I mainly want to use melee weapons(specifically hammers) and will use vanguard charge + that bullet catching shield ability. I'm thinking Cora for warp, and whoever has Overload (hopefully Vetra)

I'm feeling pretty good about starting as an infiltrator like I always have. It seems like all the defense removal has been isolated to tech skills--energy drain and overload for shields, incinerate, flamethrower, and cryo for armor, iirc. On top of that, overload will detonate all the anti armor primers.

So it seems like I can cover most of the basics with say, cloak, overload, and cryo while focusing on sniper and pistol and just pick whatever teammates I like character wise.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Absolutely going full caster Sentinel first time through.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Wow. Everybody in this thread is horrible misspelling Vangod.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I can combine the paladin with a vanguard. Cryo, incinerate, shield melee and charge. COME AT ME BRO!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Which class gets the giant hammer again?

That one. I pick that one.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I got a brand new gaming laptop, so I preordered this on PC (instead of PS4 like I was originally intending).

Looking forward to jumping in some of the multiplayer action :) I never got very good at ME3's even though I loved it, so maybe playing with a community will help refine my skillset.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm hoping I can combine the paladin with a vanguard. Cryo, incinerate, shield melee and charge. COME AT ME BRO!

That is what they're going for right? They did away with classes so you can mix and match your fave powers in one loadout. I was wary when I first heard they were doing away with classes, but man... the possibilities!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

That is what they're going for right? They did away with classes so you can mix and match your fave powers in one loadout. I was wary when I first heard they were doing away with classes, but man... the possibilities!

The "soft" classes of the profiles feel like an excellent compromise. It respects the previous game mechanics/lore while refining them instead of letting them be a straitjacket.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg

ABC
    Always
    Be
    Charging

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have a feeling they pared down the number of squadmates in order to dedicate more script resources to each individual squadmate my guess?

Well. Remember they also said you'd have more fleshed out non-squaddies too (Think the advisors from DA:I).

In that case you really don't need as many people on the field.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ABC
    Always
    Be
    Charging

Serrice Ice Brandy is for closers.

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Word on the street is there's way more hair customization options since the Ryder's are civilians. Game Informer mentions pink mullets specifically. How can I not choose space mullet every time?

"I see everything twice!"

• PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    just give me the specs alreeeeeeadyyyyyyy

pmdunk.jpg
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular

I'm feeling pretty good about starting as an infiltrator like I always have. It seems like all the defense removal has been isolated to tech skills--energy drain and overload for shields, incinerate, flamethrower, and cryo for armor, iirc. On top of that, overload will detonate all the anti armor primers.

So it seems like I can cover most of the basics with say, cloak, overload, and cryo while focusing on sniper and pistol and just pick whatever teammates I like character wise.

Shooting things in the head from long range is nearly always a valid tactic. And cloak to break away and get some distance is always handy.

The "soft" classes of the profiles feel like an excellent compromise. It respects the previous game mechanics/lore while refining them instead of letting them be a straitjacket.

Yes I like the classes giving you good bonuses if for abilities related to it but most have enough range in bonuses that its not crippling you to branch off in other ways.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

ABC
    Always
    Be
    Charging

At first I was upset. Upset that non-Vangods would be able to taste the glory that is charge without fully embracing what it meant to be a Vangod. Without following the teachings.

But as I looked down at my smoking shotgun, I realized this was foolishness. That the bounty of charging all the things should be shared with everyone. Spread far and wide. So that our glory be known.

Sorce wrote: »
    Saved for MP stuff, DLC, that sort of thing.

I am super happy it looks like they are going same route with MP in andromeda as they did ME3. My body is ready although my game controler may not be if my xbox controller was any judge haha.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Being able to swap between builds on the fly means one doesn't have to choose between Vangod and Winfiltrator any more.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Being able to swap between builds on the fly means one doesn't have to choose between Vangod and Winfiltrator any more.

So one thing, I'm not sure it's a swap of spent skill points rather then equipped skills. So doing two classes that cover all three skill types may be hard.

I'm assuming along with all those skills, they'll give you a bunch of points to put in them. If they don't give out exp like candy and expect you to be really stingy with points that seems counter to the skill system in general.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm going to give all the skills a real good look-see before committing to anything initially, but I can see myself choosing abilities for a long-range build and a close-range build, and just focusing on those six active abilities and a bunch of passives.

Or maybe I'll play multiplayer a bit and think a ton of abilities are great and start using more. Who knows.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I believe that various interviews have said that yes you can unlock everything if you want to, without multiple NG+ runs.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Don't remember seeing this in the thread for the PC folks or us console peasants to weep at:
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
    MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
    HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
    DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
    MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
    HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
    DIRECTX: DirectX 11

From Origin.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Nice, looks like the guesses of "roughly the Battlefront Sysreqs" where on the money :)

7qmGNt5.png
    They said it would be possible to max every tree in one playthrough but it would be hard.

And NG+ lets you keep your current progress.

I'm guessing if you played the game normally you'd probably get enough to max 1...maybe 1.5 trees.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    My build will probably be, like... Singularity with Overload for barrier/shield stripping, in the end. Plus maybe Throw.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Dac wrote: »
    My build will probably be, like... Singularity with Overload for barrier/shield stripping, in the end. Plus maybe Throw.

I think pull and throw are on the same power now. They showed in the combat video a dude pulling an enemy in gravity gun style and then tossing them.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I think pull and throw are on the same power now. They showed in the combat video a dude pulling an enemy in gravity gun style and then tossing them.

They did also show the double throw from Me3

7qmGNt5.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Dunno, in the gameplay we've also seen the classic Throw with two orb customization that knock dudes around.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow

Awesome. I wonder if its a branch of the power itself?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    New thread smell!

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy

Awesome. I wonder if its a branch of the power itself?

It was in 3, I think the last choice between extra damage or two projectiles.

7qmGNt5.png
    Well I meant a branch of being able to pull people in and then toss them. I dont' think it was separate powers.

Though I do love the biotic shield you can then use to throw projectiles at enemies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Wasn't there "throw field" where you could force push a bunch of dudes at once?

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    One favorite I'll definitely bring out with be pull, throw, then charge. All for use on a single enemy. The unltimate vangod fuck you.

"I see everything twice!"

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    After seeing those system specs I'm really torn on what platform to grab this. I'm running an i5 4690K and GTX 970 with 16 gigs of RAM. I was able to play the battlefield 1 beta without any noticeable issues. Ugh, I really want to play this with a mouse and keyboard, but I want the pretties too.

I also wanted to order on amazon to take advantage of my prime membership but apparently amazon.ca doesn't have PC deluxe. Is the deluxe upgrade on PC costly or does it basically cover the difference between the standard and deluxe?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    There's a new Initiative video out, Weapons and Biotics.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Alright, Liam's voice is dreamy.

If I can kit him out to stay at range and not rush in to use his blade arms he may well be my 3rd member.

This discussion has been closed.