As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Volstagg the [chat]ious

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    is this a meme

what meme is this

query does not compute

please rephrase

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    BOOOOOO

Arch,
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    SIG wanted to play with the merge thread button

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh my glob this monstrosity.

Whatever at least the poll is gone.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Oh the other two were assimilated

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Last night was D&D night.

My Paladin is level 5, Oath of Ancients Paladin, follower of god of nature Silvanus and bearer of Dawnbringer, a sentient sun sword (Longsword +2 that does 1d8 radiant damage instead of slashing, has a blade of pure light that can be changed in brightness and when not in use is just a hilt. Yes, my Paladin has a light sabre). The spirit in the Dawnbringer is the spirit of a very old warrior of the light that was felled a thousand years ago. Her temple fell into the Underdark and now she desperately wants to bring light to all places. Which means whenever I douse the light of the sword, I run the risk of pissing off the sword. However, I am sworn to bring light and justice to the dark places, so it's a pretty good combo.

ANYWAY. We were on the edge of the Dark Lake when we were attacked by a giant demon called a Chasme, that looks like a big fly with a pointed proboscis. All but one of the party failed the saving throws to not be knocked unconscious by it's droning sound, which made for a yakkety sax-esque opening to the fight. After we were brought back to consciousness, the melee people had trouble fighting a flying enemy, so I stood forth with my brightly lit Dawnbringer and yelled:

"You think you can keep away from me? I AM THE RIGHT HAND OF SILVANUS!"

I cast Misty Step to teleport onto the Chasme, but rolled a 3 on the check to see if I could actually land on a moving object and *sploosh* into the Lake I went.

Later on we were tasked with killing a Grick, a giant worm thing, that was endangering a colony of Mycinids. Our barb/rogue was scouting ahead and rolled a natural 20 perception, so he spotted the Grick concealing itself as a rock. He threw a fireball bead at it, which exploded, and the surprised Grick reared up to reveal it was an Alpha Grick. I rolled the highest initiative, so I charged at the Grick. My movement wasn't sufficient so I used Misty Step as a bonus action to teleport the rest of the distance, yelled, 'HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAAAAAAAKE!?" and did my two attacks with my brightly lit Dawnbringer sword. I used a Divine Smite level 2 on the first hit and did over 30 radiant damage, and a level one Divine Smite on the second hit and did over 20 radiant damage.

And the Grick was dead.

So it was a mix of hilarious hijinks and unstoppable badassery.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

You're being very rude about my post.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Huzzah, the forum gods have answered our prayers!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    5 wires. Green is a part of every combo.

Green Brown: Feet Go Down
    Green Yellow: Feet go up
    Green Red: Head goes up
    Green Black: Head goes down

There's a head up/down button
    a feet up/down button
    and a both at the same time up/down button

@Ludious

So it looks like green is your power, and it's just completing a circuit between green and whatever color to do whatever you need it to do.

You would just need to splice a whole bunch of wires together to feed green into the other wires via relays or optos at this point. You can then use the arduino to turn the relays on and off and supply power from the green to the completed circuits for whichever one you want to do. It'd be like twisting the wires together at that point. Green is your input, and the color would be your output from the relay, if I'm understanding the circuitry correctly.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

That's exactly what Information Boy would say

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    this paradox

how can SiG tell geth to recycle the thread on page 100 if we were already on page 101!!!!!

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    uh oh, sig found the delete thread button

• Options
    edit whoops wrong [chat]

not anymore, baby

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

You're being very rude about my post.

I DON'T WANT TO ROLEPLAY

plus I just woke up I'm grouchy

You would know this if you'd read my [chat] OP that I wrote but didn't post.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh god this thread is like brundle fly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    edit whoops wrong [chat]

not anymore, baby

The USS Volpoll

• Options
    edited February 2017
    information boy :(

2pdj2dG.jpg

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Okay now someone tell me which of these zillion password managers to use

Preferably one that is free and has all the features of the paid ones

http://keepass.info/

Password manager software and you keep the password database where you want, not with some company/service.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

The only totally free one is KeePass, which requires you to manage the cloud side of it if wanted. This is the kind of thing you should probably pay for considering they have all your passwords.

Lastpass is $1/mo. I don't know what 1Password costs these days, but they don't charge you again until the next major version.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Re: password managers.

I haven't used 1password, but I do know that LastPass is free, cross-platform, and AES-256 end-to-end encrypted. Even if they were hacked only an encrypted jumble would be leaked, and it would take the fastest supercomputers billions of years to brute-force said encrypted jumble.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Captain Pecan, this is Roger, waht do information boy say

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

oh no. we MERGED. SECUTIY OFFICER ANSWER MYQUERY

edit: NEVERMIND YOU ALREADY DID

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I just want someone to explain the TNG meme to me and why several people instantly understood it

I am practically a meme PhD and this is vexxing me

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmm i am trying to sign into 1password but apparently i don't remember my account key (tho i know my master password)

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Combining threads is bad and you should feel bad.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chat you never fail to cock things up

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I guess I'm no longer helping my Mom when it comes to computer issues because being treated like a software program is something I'm super not interested in.

• Options
    modulate phaser frequency

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    What nightmare hath @So It Goes wrought

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

The only totally free one is KeePass, which requires you to manage the cloud side of it if wanted. This is the kind of thing you should probably pay for considering they have all your passwords.

Lastpass is $1/mo. I don't know what 1Password costs these days, but they don't charge you again until the next major version.

1 password is apparently on a subscription model now a days.

Keepass sounds nice unless my database gets lost due to a failing drive or something

A dollar a month or so sounds pretty reasonable though.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Star Tek is great

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    James wrote: »

I haven't used 1password, but I do know that LastPass is free, cross-platform, and AES-256 end-to-end encrypted. Even if they were hacked only an encrypted jumble would be leaked, and it would take the fastest supercomputers billions of years to brute-force said encrypted jumble.

Lastpass is only free if you don't change device class, which isn't super useful unless you don't use a smartphone.

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    Chat you never fail to cock things up

you wot?!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    5 wires. Green is a part of every combo.

Green Brown: Feet Go Down
    Green Yellow: Feet go up
    Green Red: Head goes up
    Green Black: Head goes down

There's a head up/down button
    a feet up/down button
    and a both at the same time up/down button

Ok this is very good. I only need one more piece of info that you probably cannot give now but you can later. Just @ me.

Get a voltmeter and connect the black lead to the green wire and the red lead to any other color. You can do it just with your fingers pressing them together. What voltage does it read? Is it positive or negative? Opto-isolaters require that the current flow in only one direction so this will determine which wire goes in which terminal.

It would be normal for green to be ground and all the other wires to be some voltage between 3 and 24 (in which case the number is positive) but it could be exactly the opposite (the number would be negative).

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    It's like I had my consciousness inserted into a simulation where I had a [chat] thread with a poll, and I lived out that life and it felt entirely real to me, only for it to turn out to be just a simulation even though I retain all the memories of the experience.

z28zBsul.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh i see, i guess i bought a license instead of a subscription which is different somehow hmm

*old person*

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    1password used to be like 60 bucks so that's not too bad

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Is Lud making a bomb

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    James wrote: »

Lastpass is only free if you don't change device class, which isn't super useful unless you don't use a smartphone.

it's also only like $45/yr

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Seriously

Fuck you if you think just because I know computers to a level equivalent to being a surgeon I'm going to deal with a useless flab of whale shit bitching at me over my shoulder like

"WHY ISN'T IT FIXED YET I THOUGHT YOU WERE MR. COMPUTER"

This discussion has been closed.