As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Cosplay Thread 2017

• FallenFaeryFallenFaery Registered User new member
    I'll be there all weekend as Popstar Ahri!! I've got a group of others cosplaying Popstar Skins with me!! I know of a bunch of other LoL cosplayers who will be there in League cosplay as well. They're out there, just not on this forum XD I did a Goth Annie cosplay and wore it there last year, along with the other two I've done, Winter Wonder Lulu and classic Ahri.
    Spookie wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the lack of League cosplays but I'll be going as Goth Annie Friday and a Mega Milk cosplays Saturday. I'm stoked to see all of the Overwatch cosplays though. :^)

• xephyrxephyr Registered User new member
    Looking forward to my first PAX event :)
    I was wondering if there was any programming/events/parties specifically geared towards cosplayers in some way? Also do any of the more experienced PAX people know of must-use spots around the con for cosplay photos? Thanks!

• SilverIceDragonSilverIceDragon New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm bringing my two Dark Souls cosplays - black knight with halberd and Abyss Watcher (currently WIP). And then one of my friends is going to be his Dark Souls character (dingy robes set, mostly, with some fun props). If anyone else is cosplaying from Dark Souls, let me know. I'd love to meet up and get some pics :-)

g0flnhny6uuq.jpg

• cupcakefrenzycupcakefrenzy Registered User new member
    MelSny wrote: »
    EricaSD wrote: »
    Probably stretching my sewing skills but Im hoping to do Ciri from The Witcher. Did Devil May Cry 2s Lucia last year and tjat was really sucsessful so I guess its time to up the game.
    I did Ciri last year and it was awesome! My Husband was Geralt. We will probably be wearing them again, hopefully with some improvements! Hopefully we will see you around to get a picture!

Also, I know it was made clear by the thread overlords, but my husband definitely wore chainmail at PAX last year with no problems.
    m9elw93fwkwd.jpg

Hi Witcher peeps, I'm super excited to bring Yennefer to my first PAX. I hope I see you all around--would be awesome to get a picture together.

• FaeDustFaeDust Registered User new member
    I'll be there in Arcade Ahri one day! I may bring my Spelltheif Lux too~
    I'll be there all weekend as Popstar Ahri!! I've got a group of others cosplaying Popstar Skins with me!! I know of a bunch of other LoL cosplayers who will be there in League cosplay as well. They're out there, just not on this forum XD I did a Goth Annie cosplay and wore it there last year, along with the other two I've done, Winter Wonder Lulu and classic Ahri.
    Spookie wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the lack of League cosplays but I'll be going as Goth Annie Friday and a Mega Milk cosplays Saturday. I'm stoked to see all of the Overwatch cosplays though. :^)

• JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Amazed to think this will be my 7th year doing PAX East as a Ghostbuster

13123110_1279988602030207_1243954291678134952_o.jpg?oh=6d829110c9c7baad3bc12887abc8c78c&oe=5945E8BE

• divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    My cosplay cards came!znwwl368x4eb.jpg

• AuxiliusAuxilius Registered User regular
    I'm bringing my two Dark Souls cosplays - black knight with halberd and Abyss Watcher (currently WIP). And then one of my friends is going to be his Dark Souls character (dingy robes set, mostly, with some fun props). If anyone else is cosplaying from Dark Souls, let me know. I'd love to meet up and get some pics :-)

g0flnhny6uuq.jpg

Keep an eye out for me! I'm going as a generic Pyromancer and I'm bringing along a bonfire prop. Lights up, has a fan, speaker, the whole thing. I'm hoping I can get a good group of us together!

bb5n8c9z0kjm.jpg
    46466wmikgzg.jpg

"We were fools to've come here, but there's some comfort to be gained from the flame, at least..."

Auxilius wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for me! I'm going as a generic Pyromancer and I'm bringing along a bonfire prop. Lights up, has a fan, speaker, the whole thing. I'm hoping I can get a good group of us together!

DUDE that bonfire and your costume are amazing. Maybe we can organize some sort of informal meetup? I think there might be an Ornstein as well, but I need to check whether he's still planning on finishing in time for PAX.

• KozarybyKozaryby Registered User new member
    I'll be there Saturday as Lollipoppy and as part of a TF2 group Sunday!

DUDE that bonfire and your costume are amazing. Maybe we can organize some sort of informal meetup? I think there might be an Ornstein as well, but I need to check whether he's still planning on finishing in time for PAX.

Thanks a ton! And likewise!

Absolutely check with him. The more, the merrier! I'm going to be fairly sedentary for most of the weekend, and I don't really go to panels, so any time you want to meet up for a shoot works for me. I'm gonna try to find some offshoot hallway or shadowy nook to set up shop. Nice and atmospheric!

edited February 2017

Absolutely check with him. The more, the merrier! I'm going to be fairly sedentary for most of the weekend, and I don't really go to panels, so any time you want to meet up for a shoot works for me. I'm gonna try to find some offshoot hallway or shadowy nook to set up shop. Nice and atmospheric!

So right now, my schedule is looking like this - black knight on Friday, abyss watcher on Saturday, maybe Sunday, and I'll be in cosplay as long as I can, which probably means all day.

If I find more Dark Souls people, maybe I'll set up some sort of Facebook group or event and post it here (if that works) so we can pick a time and place. If it's just us, I guess we'll keep an eye out for you. You're going to be mostly stationary, so shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

SilverIceDragon on

So right now, my schedule is looking like this - black knight on Friday, abyss watcher on Saturday, maybe Sunday, and I'll be in cosplay as long as I can, which probably means all day.

If I find more Dark Souls people, maybe I'll set up some sort of Facebook group or event and post it here (if that works) so we can pick a time and place. If it's just us, I guess we'll keep an eye out for you. You're going to be mostly stationary, so shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

I'm gonna be the Pyro the entire weekend, and I'll have the fire with me at least for Friday and Saturday.

And sure, sounds good! Yeah, I'll be around, I'll try to be conspicuous.

Also, progress! mr83lx11rkq0.jpg

• DorksmetalDorksmetal Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    I plan on doing cosplay Saturday. It will be my very first cosplay!! I'm very nervous, but I have been working on the costume, it's not going to be the best. I'm doing a gender swapped Kaylee Frye. And Sunday I'm wearing a onesie as a hotdog, because I lost a bet.

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Dorksmetal wrote: »
    I plan on doing cosplay Saturday. It will be my very first cosplay!! I'm very nervous, but I have been working on the costume, it's not going to be the best. I'm doing a gender swapped Kaylee Frye. And Sunday I'm wearing a onesie as a hotdog, because I lost a bet.

Dont be nervous! PAX is full of awesome people who are more likely to help you then anything else! Just have fun with it and be proud of what you have put together! Everyone did their first cosplay at some point, so we have all been there. I was going to say the more you do it the easier it gets but if you are anything like me, the more you do it the more you challenge yourself on the next cosplay....

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    I'm trying to make 3 new costumes for PAX, meaning they need to be done by this Thursday (because I need to film switch/Zelda stuff all this weekend and next week).

Good luck to all you other procrastinators ;-;

S2ieAvx.png
  • divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Also, if you have a costume emergency, I carry emergency supplies. Proud to say I saved a Mercy's wings and a Dagonborn's pauldrons last West. PM me here or find me in the floor- I always carry double sided tape, needles and thread, and safety pins.

East has security though, doesn't it? Will bringing that stuff in be a problem? Double stick tape should be fine, but what about pins and needles?

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    So I had to scrap bringing the hammer for my Nora cosplay, because I just haven't had time to build it between work and school. I will still be in cosplay I will just be without my prop. Hoping to have prop and all for Anime Boston at the end of the month.

DXLJjjr.png
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    East has security though, doesn't it? Will bringing that stuff in be a problem? Double stick tape should be fine, but what about pins and needles?

Nothing in life or security is certain, but you should be fine.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • graphicpirategraphicpirate Registered User regular
    I will be attending Saturday as a simple Captain N ... 28 years later

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I will be attending Saturday as a simple Captain N ... 28 years later

Mwahaha, another Captain N!
    Is your Zapper Orange, or Grey?

• Elusive GreenElusive Green Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I'm gonna be the Pyro the entire weekend, and I'll have the fire with me at least for Friday and Saturday.

And sure, sounds good! Yeah, I'll be around, I'll try to be conspicuous.

Also, progress! mr83lx11rkq0.jpg
    Undead reporting in.
    nw304o9a92d6.jpg

Look for my sign, it will be as radiant as the sun.
    okg2rmzgtti3.jpg
    If you miss it, you must be blind.

And that bonfire is looking Stellar!

Elusive Green on
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Going as Soldier 76 this year. Nearly finished with everything, just have to figure out my visor/headset as I totally didn't plan it to be as hard as I've made it. I have a glowing LED visor but my mask is made of a hard plastic and I've had to carve it up so the visor fits. Such a pain in the ass!

Otherwise it all looks great. Decided not to wear a wig/dye my hair so if ya see a brown haired soldier probably me :)

Also, all the dark souls cosplay looks amazing. Wish I had done one honestly!

Potatoeman on
  • agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    Going as Soldier 76 this year. Nearly finished with everything, just have to figure out my visor/headset as I totally didn't plan it to be as hard as I've made it. I have a glowing LED visor but my mask is made of a hard plastic and I've had to carve it up so the visor fits. Such a pain in the ass!

Otherwise it all looks great. Decided not to wear a wig/dye my hair so if ya see a brown haired soldier probably me :)

Also, all the dark souls cosplay looks amazing. Wish I had done one honestly!

Another Solider 76! Nice!

And yeah, visor is giving me headaches. Bought one from China that weighs about 10 pounds and definitely doesn't stay on my face.

One week out folks!

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Cosplay crunch time!!! How is everyone else doing with theirs? I'm at the, "All I have to do is put these pieces together, which shouldnt take that long..." point. Of course, 3 days day later I am still putting the pieces together!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Cosplay crunch time!!! How is everyone else doing with theirs? I'm at the, "All I have to do is put these pieces together, which shouldnt take that long..." point. Of course, 3 days day later I am still putting the pieces together!

I'm at the same point. Unfortunately i'm also in the middle of midterms. Hoping to finish everything up tomorrow so I can focus on baking for cookie brigade!

DXLJjjr.png
  • TurQTurQ New York CityRegistered User regular
    Still got a bit of work to go. World of Warcraft fans will recognize the cosplay my group is going as

• Elusive GreenElusive Green Registered User regular

I actually finished my three days later piece yesterday morning. I've got the base of what I need done, but I'm trying to put together a bow for my character since I still have some time.

• SkelotiaSkelotia Registered User new member
    So I commented a few months ago about what I'd be cosplaying, and wow I was over ambitious. Some stuff didn't end up getting done and some other things need repairs. So here's my new line up! Friday: Melia Antiqua, (Xenoblade Chronicles), cosplay is a little roughed up from Katsu, so my back up is season four Weiss Schnee from RWBY. Saturday: Widowmaker, (Overwatch) Sunday: female Mccree, (Overwatch)
    I'll also be walking around with a Junkrat on Saturday and Sunday. I'm really excited to meet other Overwatch cosplayers! Also if you like Xenoblade talk to me about Xenoblade.

• SandvichSandvich Registered User regular
    Probably stretching my sewing skills but Im hoping to do Ciri from The Witcher. Did Devil May Cry 2s Lucia last year and tjat was really sucsessful so I guess its time to up the game.
    I did Ciri last year and it was awesome! My Husband was Geralt. We will probably be wearing them again, hopefully with some improvements! Hopefully we will see you around to get a picture!

Also, I know it was made clear by the thread overlords, but my husband definitely wore chainmail at PAX last year with no problems.
    m9elw93fwkwd.jpg

Hi Witcher peeps, I'm super excited to bring Yennefer to my first PAX. I hope I see you all around--would be awesome to get a picture together.

Another Witcher peep reporting in! I'm going to be cosplaying Iorveth again this year, I'd love to take some pictures with you guys! I'll be there at least on Friday and Sunday. Impromptu Witcher meetup? Here's me last year: apj3pi5szj16.jpg

• Premarital HeadpatsPremarital Headpats Registered User new member
    edited March 2017
    Third time at East, first time cosplaying; I'm excited. Anyway, time to reply to posts from months ago and hope their authors see them.
    hsu wrote: »
    I'm more worried about getting to the weapons check and being told I can't have them at the con for some reason.

I'm also worried about this; I'm not using the Denix brand replicas that started this thread (their "modern firearms" section is 90% filled with guns from 50+ years ago, mainly WWII stuff; they're funny guys), but I do have two non-firing props I was planning to bring. One's a handgun replica that's basically just a solid chunk of resin, no moving parts at all; its orange cap is inside the barrel, which makes it convenient for photos, but inconvenient for actually signalling that it's not real, because they'd only see the orange if I point the gun at them. The other is a rifle with some moving parts -- trigger, detachable magazine (just a solid hunk of plastic with some fake bullets in it), working safety switch. Problem is it's got no orange at all. I'm thinking of bringing orange tape with me in case wrapping the muzzle in it will help.

Is there any way to contact staff in advance and show them the gear in question and get it approved/denied so as not to get turned away at the door?

Oh hey, I remember you guys! This might be a stretch because it was a year ago, but if you remember a sorta-nervous college kid asking you for a picture right after you'd finished eating, that was me. I was spilling spaghetti full blast that day; I actually tried to approach you sooner, but I saw you'd just gotten food, and I thought to myself "oh man it'd be so rude to interrupt their meal just for a photo! I'll just have to loiter some distance away and wait until they're done."
    I plan on doing Tachanka from Rainbow Six: Siege
    Currently I'm gonna be doing Castle from Rainbow Six Siege (my friend is coming as Jager)

Whoa hey, will you guys be there on Friday? I've been putting together an IQ costume! We should find some others and do some group shots. If not Friday, I'm keeping an eye out for unwanted Sat/Sun tickets anyway, so maybe it'll work out.
    It may be last-minute, but maybe we should take a page out of the Overwatch cosplayers' book and set up a Facebook event to gather other Siege folks.
    The last mail-ordered component arrives on the 5th, and the rifle that I thought must have been lost in the mail finally arrived yesterday! All that's left to do is sew/iron patches, get some decent arm straps going with velcro tape, modify a helmet with epoxy & papier-mache and possibly a broken headset, spraypaint the helmet, emblazon "POLIZEI" on the back of the utility vest, possibly find a way to add another sling clip to the rifle so it's compatible with a one point sling instead of only a two or three point sling, get someone to help me out with the makeup, and rehearse something I don't even want to mention here because it'll spoil the surprise.

Oh, and pray it'll be cold enough that the costume's layers won't give me a heat stroke.

Premarital Headpats on
    Still kicking myself because my hero Daisuke Amaya (Pixel) was at PAX East 2014 the same day as me and I didn't see him
  • casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Sandvich wrote: »

m9elw93fwkwd.jpg

Another Witcher peep reporting in! I'm going to be cosplaying Iorveth again this year, I'd love to take some pictures with you guys! I'll be there at least on Friday and Sunday. Impromptu Witcher meetup? Here's me last year: apj3pi5szj16.jpg

I'd love to do a Witcher meetup! My friend and I are cosplaying on Saturday.

• AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular

Tracer is going to be short a gun, but she's done otherwise!

• OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Cosplay crunch time!!! How is everyone else doing with theirs? I'm at the, "All I have to do is put these pieces together, which shouldn't take that long..." point. Of course, 3 days day later I am still putting the pieces together!
    Done! We finished up last night. The royal protector will see you there!

710f1l.jpg

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • cupcakefrenzycupcakefrenzy Registered User new member
    edited March 2017

I'd love to do a Witcher meetup! My friend and I are cosplaying on Saturday.[/quote]

A Witcher meetup would be awesome. I'm only going to be there Friday afternoon/evening and Sunday though. That said, my schedule is fairly open on those days!
    ff6jfiac8jwx.jpg

cupcakefrenzy on
  • sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular

I'm praying I finish Genji in time, may need an all-nighter... or two. :?

yJyIjnX.png

• ItaraItara Registered User regular
    Candela is finished save some buttons

My FFXIV one is a bit behind schedule.... But I'm pretty sure I'll get it done in time. (Its the lady from the Stormblood trailer)

• The Admiral 91The Admiral 91 Registered User new member
    For all the fallout cosplayers, we've got two big photoshoots planned.

Friday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1700642413597477/
    Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/events/533066673565403/

Co-Founder of Fallout: New England
  • agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    And there's the Overwatch Cosplay Gathering on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/158364877942151/257018201410151/

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA