As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VR section this year?

SleepdepSleepdep Registered User regular
Last year had an area set up for VR that you had to sign up for right away.
2 years ago there were apps you had to know to download to sign up for openings.

Is there anything like that this year?
Is it incorperated into the pc area?

• Options
    nevereatshreddedwheatnevereatshreddedwheat Registered User new member
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would expect it's part of the PC Area. As far as I know, there will be a VR Freeplay at this PAX.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    PAX VR Freeplay will be returning, we are right next to PC, part of the PC area listed on the map I believe. We will have tons of Oculus and Vive stations set up for freeplay, as well as some great tournaments and contests. Signups are very likely to go fast, so head there early if you want to sign up for a freeplay slot or tournament, but we also will have a standby line if you prefer to wait. We only do signups for approximately half our slots, so the standby will move even if everyone shows up.

VR Tournament Schedule
    Friday
    Dead and Buried (Oculus Rift Touch) 11:00 AM
    Oculus Medium (Oculus Rift Touch) 2:00 PM
    Cowbots and Aliens (HTC Vive) 5:00 PM
    Audioshield (HTC Vive) 8:00 PM

Sat
    Space Pirate Trainer (HTC Vive) 11:00 AM
    Cloudlands: VR Minigolf (HTC Vive) 2:00 PM
    The Unspoken (Oculus Rift Touch) 5:00 PM
    Eagle Flight (Oculus Rift Gamepad) 8:00 PM

Sun
    Robo Recall (Oculus Rift Touch) 11:00 AM
    Fruit Ninja VR (HTC Vive) 2:00 PM

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    jsoftcheckjsoftcheck Registered User regular
    I was actually a late entry to the VR Audioshield tournament this year. It was my first time competing at PAX, and I was super nervous, but there was an enforcer with glasses and long, dark hair who chatted with me and helped calm my anxiety. Not sure if any of the VR Freeplay enforcers will see this, but if you do please thank her for me. It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to competing in more VR tournaments in the future.