As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Maclay wrote: »
    No, sorry, I no word good. For the hunt I was using the stats you suggested (Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate).
    The research roll was a side thing looking into one of the people Danny might potentially want to eat in the future. Danny spends weeks looking into the history and comings and goings of his food sources to make sure they're safe to eat. Making sure they won't be missed, making sure it's not a trap, possibly looking into their medical history. That was investigation and perception.

Oh, so the present target was off the cuff?

Essentially, it was intended to be someone that Danny had been looking into in the weeks leading up to the game. I'm just trying to make sure his paranoia has real consequences, but I don't want it to be at the cost of making things too complicated for everyone else, so I'm happy to go with whatever works best for you.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    No, part of why Deke set up at the Opticon is so he wouldn't have to feed on the street.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Is the number of successes we got on the hunting roll the amount we gat back, or is it a set amount based on how much we wanted to take (3 to keep the prey healthy, more for sick, even more for dead etc)?

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Boozer wrote: »
    Is the number of successes we got on the hunting roll the amount we gat back, or is it a set amount based on how much we wanted to take (3 to keep the prey healthy, more for sick, even more for dead etc)?

Depends on how much. 3 is standard, less if it was a vagrant. I'm assuming no one has to worry about killing since no one's that low.
    Ardent wrote: »
    No, part of why Deke set up at the Opticon is so he wouldn't have to feed on the street.

So are they residents of the Opticon, or...?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Some, maybe. Much of the building is actually a hotel, so it's likely that some are simply tourists who've been trapped in the hotel for a few days.

Totally up to you. It's a Domain 3 largely because it's enormous.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Some, maybe. Much of the building is actually a hotel, so it's likely that some are simply tourists who've been trapped in the hotel for a few days.

If you want to go the non-jeopardizing-Humanity route, I would say they're visitors being given 'special' rooms rather than anyone being trapped. (This makes me think the Opticon runs a system like the Martins do in Night Trap.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy didn't get how Richard knew she were she was?

• Options
    He has eyes on the street, you can't discern more than that from mere conversation.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

If you want to go the non-jeopardizing-Humanity route, I would say they're visitors being given 'special' rooms rather than anyone being trapped. (This makes me think the Opticon runs a system like the Martins do in Night Trap.)
    Well, I was positing that tourists wouldn't go out in a riot. Not that they'd be falsely imprisoned.

But yeah, that sounds about right.

• Options
    Unless you want to do something interesting with the set up (please do), I can roll to lunch or something. I think for the most part, Lizzy is going to try to stay out of Cam business tonight, and do her "human" job.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Do you make no attempt to get in touch with the coterie? Given what happened, she would know that's a priority.

@Boozer It won't take much effort to track her down if someone wants to put in investigative work.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm happy to do it or let someone else do it. I just assumed it would take longer than the hour we have to get to Elysium so I wanted to give the Prince the excuse.

Boozer on
  • Options
    Boozer wrote: »
    I'm happy to do it or let someone else do it. I just assumed it would take longer than we have to get to Elysium so I wanted to give the Prince the excuse.

Whoever is assigned should have time if they have transportation.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Danny has some investigative skill but no transport (outside 'public'). He could go with someone else, but he wouldn't be sure it was worth the time and effort.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Only transportation we have is the SUV. Unless Deke has something here. My bike and van are at one of my places.

We could always all go together... road trip!

I like the idea of the whole Crew constantly dragging Liz back into vamp politics despite her best efforts.

Boozer on
  • Options
    Fine with me. Just need an hour or so before I can write something proper.

• Options
    Do you make no attempt to get in touch with the coterie? Given what happened, she would know that's a priority.

@Boozer It won't take much effort to track her down if someone wants to put in investigative work.

Yeah, but Lizzy is a rebel. Plus, she doesn't have a fancy hotel giving her people to eat or living in a van or something. She has a job, she has to keep up with appearances, which she will explain as "Keeping up the Masquerade" or whatever. Plus, she doesn't remember anyone's number so she'll have to get up with them at some other time, in her mind. Plus, if Richard is spying on her, running out to meet a bunch of other vampires would risk breaking it, not that she would tell the Prince that. She likes Richard, he's an old friend of hers from her human days. She rather not drag him into this shit.

Which is kinda how I expected her to play. She's got to balance being the Prince's Bitch and doing her job, which she thinks will help her find Chantalle, if she is alive. Lizzy got issues.

• Options
    @Fencingsax Is he going to Elysium or the bar?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He's headed straight to Elysium. I don't know if an hour is enough time to get to the bar and then to Elysium. The brokerage is arranged to be out of the way but close to the seat of power, of course.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Need to catch up here, doing my hunt roll.

Rolling Dex+Expression (Acting)+Celerity
    Generally, luring someone in via the Expression skill (mimic being wounded/weak/helpless/etc... to get someone like a mugger involved), then Dex+Celerity to seal the deal.

Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 for The Hunt

The Hunt:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=9, 4, 7, [10, 5], [10, 5], 1]

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I come bearing gifts. I believe these are updated based on everyone's posts, please correct me or feel free to upload your changes.

@AustinP0027
    MIpV8uQ.png

@Boozer
    rlPwbCb.png

@Maclay
    PQtDoUN.png

@Ardent
    UfdlETq.png

@Grunt's Ghosts
    hoCFHFV.png

@Fencingsax
    (I don't believe you posted a character image, I can always add one if you like.)
    woOASd2.png

And a glimpse behind the curtain.
    5oP6sCI.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I was contemplating a self control check, but I imagine it takes more than that to set off Bobby.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I was contemplating it as well. That's why he pulled the 180 and swallowed the insults instead adding fuel. He didn't want it to get that far and he felt it getting closer. But I wouldn't have argued if you had called for the roll.

Better to get in trouble for not bringing Liz than for turning the bar into toothpicks and viscera.

Boozer on
  • Options
    I think that was safely the turning point prior to making a roll. It was also clear that even for a mortal, the bassist would have gone down like a sack of bricks.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fair to assume in the ride over that they would have caught Alex up on Lizzy right?

Just want to make sure if he walks in and starts talking that he would actually know the stuff I think he knows.

• Options
    Yeah, I'll add that to one of my recent posts.

• Options
    Whew, sorry. It's been a week. Reading back up.

• Options
    No problem, I just assumed Deke was at the hotel during the bar scenario. If he went along, that works too, not like a fight broke out.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Would it be too gaming of me to say that Lizzy still has one of those wood stakes from the night before with her? Like maybe she felt as if she might need it if the Hellbeast showed up?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    It seems unlikely given where she went, but not impossible. And if anyone wants to notify Liz, they'd have about 15 minutes in-game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'll write something up if Lizzy gets warned. If not, I'll just say that Lizzy has a pocket knife or something normal people would have as a weapon.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Does my text count as a warning, or was it too vague?

• Options
    Probably not. Lizzy, as a "former" Anarch, would see that text to say that the Prince isn't happy but that's how those in power would be. She would be alert but not watching for something specific.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @Grunt's Ghosts Make an Awareness check please, Wits+Alertness+Auspex.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Spotting Trouble

Spotting Trouble:
    5d10o10h8 1 [5d10o10h8=6, 8, 5, 6, 2]

• Options
    What do I roll for Self Control? Just that or are there something else I can add like Willpower?

• Options
    It's a static check. You can also expend a willpower to resist, I believe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'll spend that Willpower then.

• Options
    Lizzy will be fine for around ten minutes before needing to expend another willpower or roll a check.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So, I went to look up what the Harpy role actually entailed to see what made sense for Alex to offer (or not).

From the WhiteWolf wiki:
    "When dealing with Harpies it is best to remember that they are generally extremely skilled in social skills, quite vain and will always make sure they come out ahead in any deal"

Let's see....trying to get ahead, sure, skilled in social skills, yep, quite vain, better underline that a couple times....

Yeah, had to put Alex out for requesting that. Seems like exactly what he'd want to try and do.