As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Disgaea
    how weird it is
    You_dont_say.png

:P

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Disgaea 5 was a great game. I'm absolutely going to be picking it up on the Switch.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    If you do the math on it, the switch can't be using much more than 5w in portable mode playing Zelda since the battery lasts about 2.5 hours and we know how big the battery is. So a 5V/3A charger that properly negotiates should at the very least keep the Switch charged. It'll have trouble charging it while playing, but should be ok.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    If you do the math on it, the switch can't be using much more than 5w in portable mode playing Zelda since the battery lasts about 2.5 hours and we know how big the battery is. So a 5V/3A charger that properly negotiates should at the very least keep the Switch charged. It'll have trouble charging it while playing, but should be ok.

Well, that's what the ars technica test showed. It averaged out to 1% restored every 6 minutes, so you will still die on a battery or 5V/3A charger source, but just slower.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pthemnEt3vE

Live event starts in 30 minutes.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    It's alive!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Ohohoho
    Steamworld Dig 2

didn't see this coming but yeah that's definitely a value add, if probably a smallish one

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    spelunky a like.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    worms?!?

awe yooka layallee

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Steamworld Dig 1 was one of my favourite indie titles on the Vita. YIISSSS

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    The marketing for the switch. with the little two panel bits that start out in opposite quadrants and then snap together in alignment.

Brilliant.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    march 9 wow

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I didn't realize there was another presentation thinger today. When did this start, just so I can gauge how much I missed?

Henroid wrote: »
    I didn't realize there was another presentation thinger today. When did this start, just so I can gauge how much I missed?

Noon EST.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Top of the hour. 12 PM EST

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Shakedown Hawaii looks hilarious and I must own it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Shakedown Hawaii looks like some good fun.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This SRPG looks neat.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    That fighter is like a long-lost NeoGeo Pocket Color game.

Renzo on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    WarGroove, fantasy Advance Wars? OK!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh hey, this War Groove game looks like Advance Wars. I always liked that aesthetic / presentation. No note about it being exclusive to the Switch though.

edited February 2017
    indie gaming in 2017 : "You remember that one game? I made a game like it."

mojojoeo on
    That was good! Quick, efficient, and shows a lot of strong titles in the pipe. I've never heard of half of them.

Lots of exclusives too! Glad to hear that Nintendo is paying out money for timed exclusives.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    This looks so great. Return of Advance Wars but medieval style...not Fire Emblem, but specifically Advance Wars, with generic purchasable units!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0zuRTGLf4

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    War Groove looks super rad, they knew they were going for that Advance Wars feel and it's clear. Which I'm 100% okay with.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    indie gaming in 2017 : "You remember that one game? I made a game like it."

Good! Cuz the original developer isn't making a new one of those.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Hey my friends' brothers made Mr Shifty! Rad that it's coming to Switch. It's in my Steam wishlist but I'll get it on Switch for sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Crap, just missed the presentation. Hearing Steamworld Dig 2 is coming though makes me very VERY happy. I loved the first one. Now if they'd just release a new Mr Driller game, all my digging fetishes would be fully satiated.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Good gravy I want almost all of the titles they mentioned. They nailed that presentation.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I really hope that War Groove is a return to the gameplay from AW 1 and a bit of 2. the later games got kind of insane with the CO power stuff, though the last game that went post apocalyptic that I can't remember the name of was pretty good in clawing that stuff back.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh shit Overcooked is on that graphic!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    War Groove looks super rad, they knew they were going for that Advance Wars feel and it's clear. Which I'm 100% okay with.

They're filling a void that Nintendo/IS refuses to. Fine by me.

Donnicton on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hey my friends' brothers made Mr Shifty! Rad that it's coming to Switch. It's in my Steam wishlist but I'll get it on Switch for sure.

I watched Jacksepticeye's Mr. Shifty video, and it looked cool as fuck. I hope it hits PS4 as well.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    That lineup actually helps on the "software feels lacking" part of my being critical of getting the Switch any time soon. Though, some of those games are "wait for summer" and who knows what delays could happen. Still waiting on other things to happen with the console though before I figure I'll pick one up.

Mr Shifty looks great!

That was the one I wanted most (that I hadn't heard of yet). It looks awesome.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    Oh shit Overcooked is on that graphic!

HD Rumble for chopping tomatoes and sloshing soup.
    Includes all DLC.
    Much want.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

This wasn't in the presentation, right? Haven't played it myself yet, but a friend of mine won't shut up about it, so I might give it a shot.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
This discussion has been closed.