As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

knitdan's super happy natural goodtime family [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I tried mini Babybel Cheese

Don't like it

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    on that train of thought, why don't we just give Trump a breakfast taco

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Nintendo is not doomed, but I would say that they don't care about the North American market.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I weighed 172.6 today. Spent the whole month below 175. Man, that used to be my goal when I weighted 210.

Like I'm not complaining, but I do have a vague overpowering "What now?" feeling.

American Ninja Warrior

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Nintendo is not doomed, but I would say that they don't care about the North American market.

all those rooftop millenials will save them

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    In the last two days we've sold eleven thousand paczki.

There has been a line out the door since 6am today.

What is a paczki?

Kind of like a donut but mixed with some heavenly shit.

ive been eating them for breakfast all week and I really need to stop myself

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

to like ... polish people or just foodies?

There are a lot of Poles and a lot of Catholics. And everybody else.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    technically tostinos pizza rolls are pierogis

maek u thnk

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Gator wrote: »
    Oh shit Gator is back

beginning of the end of the PA forums I know

Practically the board's

Gatordämmerung

Boooo

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

all those rooftop millenials will save them
    In today's housing market, you're lucky to get an affordable rooftop! Never mind apartments.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When you're me

Every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I hate to be console war-esque here but I think a large part of Microsoft's problem is that that PS4 was just flat out superior to the Xbox One. I bought both at launch, which was I believe a week apart? The Xbox One was just terrible in terms of launch and post launch software. They also had public relations issues and could not run cross-platform games as well as the PS4 could. PS4 was running games at 1080p that the X1 could only run at 720p.

Those are pretty objective observations. Subjectively, I think the UI was terrible (and is still terrible - or at least worse than the PS4's which also isn't that great).

Frankly, I was ashamed for Microsoft and my Xbox One has mostly collected dust while my PS4 has shined. Xbox One definitely has some nice features. Cable box pass-through is cool, though finicky. Backwards compatibility is nice. Play Anywhere is limited but cool, even though both MS and Capcom have squandered some of my faith due to the Dead Rising 4 debacle.

Maybe some of this is anti-MS bias. Hard to say. Their attitude just feels a lot more businessy and clinical than the face Sony puts on. All three - Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo - are businesses, at the end of the day, but frankly Microsoft just seems very business-esque, Nintendo seems like a toy maker that just wants to make what it wants to make without giving a shit about the wants of the people it's making toys for, and Sony seems like an adult pal that actually wants to give you a cool gaming experience. I just don't get that vibe from MS and Nintendo is too weirdly standoffish for me some times.

*shrug*

Which is funny because out of the three sony is straight-up the most anti-consumer of the lot.

Not calling Microsoft a saint here, but Sony has a really rough history of leveraging their might as a corporation to fuck over smaller businesses (bleem), customers(rootkit debacle), etc.

they also run fast and loose on security and I have had to replace two credit cards courtesy of Sony's shittiness on that front.

I try not to personify them because the face of their PR can change on a dime, and this year's "we just want to let you play games" was "five hundred and ninety nine us dollars" in order to try and win a format war at the expense of their consumers just a handful of years ago.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    @visiblehowl how was my stream last night? was i being coherent and engaging? i need tips and you're good at it

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think everyone in the great lakes area becomes a polish catholic on fat tuesday

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    The only thing I can figure is that Nintendo hates money

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It was an old joke. If anything the ability for them to poop the non-game pokemon go out of their second butthole and immediately make a billion dollars means they are not doomed.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

What is a paczki?

Kind of like a donut but mixed with some heavenly shit.

ive been eating them for breakfast all week and I really need to stop myself

Embrace Catholicism tonight and you'll be forced to not eat them tomorrow!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    what am i giving up starting tomorrow

fried food? thats not hard.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I mean bleem was straight up an emulator so

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The Xbox controller is superior to the PS one though. The Elite is god-tier.

Yes, I have the Xbox One Elite Controller and it is god-tier. But guess what? I almost only use it on my PC because my Xbox One is quite useless for me.

The last time my Xbox One was even on was during the Superbowl. And it fucking fucked up on me when I literally went to change the volume through my headphones, so I missed the first 5 minutes of 24: Legacy.

Yet another reason I hate their total shit UI.

Even Games with Gold I redeem using my browser rather than the console.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I weighed 172.6 today. Spent the whole month below 175. Man, that used to be my goal when I weighted 210.

Like I'm not complaining, but I do have a vague overpowering "What now?" feeling.

continue eating healthy for the rest of your life for no more reward until they can give you a robot body

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I find the Lazytown art style/universe whatever
    incredibly fascinating

I can't stop looking at it when someone posts some dumb video in chat

What crazy genius was behind that bubblegum opiate esthetic

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i forgot to go to frankenmuth last time i was in michigan

that's a regret

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The only thing I can figure is that Nintendo hates money
    Perhaps huffing paint is a storied Japanese business tradition.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am p excited that my Switch is arriving in just a couple of days!

Also one thing that makes me feel good about its potential third party support is how much better Nintendo's developer portal has gotten. Like, apparently here's what their developer page looked like up until recently:

s_848.jpg

...dear god.

Here's what it looks like now:

757822f2804871.jpg

Shit, that makes me want to try and make a Switch game and I'm not even a game developer.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

What is a paczki?

omg preach like basically the best thing about polish culinary heritage

Sorry never been a fan of the polish.

literally hitler

or stalin

your choice

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    what am i giving up starting tomorrow

fried food? thats not hard.

hard drugs.

• Options
    i mean that's bavarian, not polish, but this conversation got me thinking about it

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

to like ... polish people or just foodies?

There are a lot of Poles and a lot of Catholics. And everybody else.

OH

I was like "W-why? What's so special about these last two days?"

The whole god thing, right.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    TL DR wrote: »
    Just dropped a cool G on my old cell phone bill.

Brings it down to $750.

Bit by bit, piece by piece, I will break free of that old life.

(Seriously tho $2100 for a cell phone bill Jesus christ)

what

@TL DR

My old cell phone plan with my ex. It had me, her, her parents, her friend, and her friends daughter on it.

What you see there is the culmination of all of the early termination fees, the remainder of the phone cost, and an unpaid, disconnected, shut-off account.

And considering it's ATT and linked to my marriage, I couldn't be happier to pay it if it means I can get rid of it without another year of interdependence with someone I do not want that kind of relationship with by a company that doesn't really even function in my area.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wandering wrote: »

Also one thing that makes me feel good about its potential third party support is how much better Nintendo's developer portal has gotten. Like, apparently here's what their developer page looked like up until recently:

s_848.jpg

...dear god.

757822f2804871.jpg

Shit, that makes me want to try and make a Switch game and I'm not even a game developer.

Like I said, every single humble bundle / steam indy darling game maker should be on this - there will be millions of units and almost no good games for months outside of zelda and betas.

Fucking get your shit on the switch now and establish it as THE mobile indy games platform.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    James wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

What is a paczki?

omg preach like basically the best thing about polish culinary heritage

Sorry never been a fan of the polish.

literally hitler

or stalin

your choice

Stalin, for the puns.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

s_848.jpg

...dear god.

757822f2804871.jpg

I'm amazed that copyright date in the first image started with 2

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

continue eating healthy for the rest of your life for no more reward until they can give you a robot body

fair

(i do eat like trash though)

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I hate to be console war-esque here but I think a large part of Microsoft's problem is that that PS4 was just flat out superior to the Xbox One. I bought both at launch, which was I believe a week apart? The Xbox One was just terrible in terms of launch and post launch software. They also had public relations issues and could not run cross-platform games as well as the PS4 could. PS4 was running games at 1080p that the X1 could only run at 720p.

Those are pretty objective observations. Subjectively, I think the UI was terrible (and is still terrible - or at least worse than the PS4's which also isn't that great).

Frankly, I was ashamed for Microsoft and my Xbox One has mostly collected dust while my PS4 has shined. Xbox One definitely has some nice features. Cable box pass-through is cool, though finicky. Backwards compatibility is nice. Play Anywhere is limited but cool, even though both MS and Capcom have squandered some of my faith due to the Dead Rising 4 debacle.

Maybe some of this is anti-MS bias. Hard to say. Their attitude just feels a lot more businessy and clinical than the face Sony puts on. All three - Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo - are businesses, at the end of the day, but frankly Microsoft just seems very business-esque, Nintendo seems like a toy maker that just wants to make what it wants to make without giving a shit about the wants of the people it's making toys for, and Sony seems like an adult pal that actually wants to give you a cool gaming experience. I just don't get that vibe from MS and Nintendo is too weirdly standoffish for me some times.

*shrug*

Which is funny because out of the three sony is straight-up the most anti-consumer of the lot.

Not calling Microsoft a saint here, but Sony has a really rough history of leveraging their might as a corporation to fuck over smaller businesses (bleem), customers(rootkit debacle), etc.

they also run fast and loose on security and I have had to replace two credit cards courtesy of Sony's shittiness on that front.

I try not to personify them because the face of their PR can change on a dime, and this year's "we just want to let you play games" was "five hundred and ninety nine us dollars" in order to try and win a format war at the expense of their consumers just a handful of years ago.

I'm not trying to sanctify them either, trust me, but public face goes a long way. If I were really into comics and I can choose between a place where the workers enjoy the hobby themselves and engage me like a person versus a corporate megacomplex that vends comics to you without any personability, I'm probably going to choose the former. Maybe Sony has done some shitty things, but I feel like they work hard to engage users and provide an enjoyable experience. I really do not feel like Microsoft has that approach at all. And I think Nintendo is a little of both. They want you to have a fun experience, but only on the narrow terms they define. They don't really care what we think.

Also, I'm not really sure I can fault them for bleem! at all. That's a bit weird to me.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    "So It Goes" lots of stuff revolving around her doing most of the work in the emotional caring and realistic future planning departments

(which she is totally correct about on her part and I'm trying to me mindful of that stuff and work on it)

I don't think that has anything to do with the spectrum. I have these convos with husband often. I bet your lady and I could commiserate a lot :P

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

s_848.jpg

...dear god.

757822f2804871.jpg

Like I said, every single humble bundle / steam indy darling game maker should be on this - there will be millions of units and almost no good games for months outside of zelda and betas.

Fucking get your shit on the switch now and establish it as THE mobile indy games platform.

it's what seems to be happening if you look at the lineup

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    If anyone wants a copy of the new Metallica album, physical or digital, let me know. It looks like I have four copies I can give away.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    imgur is definitely borked

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ludious wrote: »
    I find the Lazytown art style/universe whatever
    incredibly fascinating

I can't stop looking at it when someone posts some dumb video in chat

What crazy genius was behind that bubblegum opiate esthetic

I think the show is Icelandic in origin.

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.